Bossing questions

L0rdAki

Will I break even from slayer using that setup? No repairs that way :) I hate losing cash and like to have it in money or stable assets. I'd ideally like to profit and slayer hasn't been all that kind to me :(

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer helm + t plate/legs + k top/bottom + zs + whip + 100 of each base pot + d boots comes out close enough to 20m. Woot! Is that good enough gear?

Could I have a concensus on whether to piety/cannon every task? :(

Also, could I just wear black dhide and borrow a ss/zs for fiend tasks and save me 10m?

That is good. I would keep karils, because it is good. I don't even own a zs. i just borrow one. karils is worth it though.

Don't piety every task. Waste of money. I would recommend cannoning abberant spectres, mutated bloodvelds, kalphites, scabarites and dagganoths (unless you dk)

Most people have scabs and kalphites blocked however.

At 80+ slayer you will greatly profit, even with super pots/repairs etc. Cannoning pushes it very very close.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

So all up, my slayer gear will cost around 15m.

No good luck (no visage drops, ect) assumed, how much will I make getting to about all 90 combats?

Also, range/melée metal drags?

i Use:

Full Slayer Helm

Glory

Wealth

Bandos Boots

RFD Barrows Gloves

Torags top + bottom

but the slayer helm could be a normal one, bandos boots could be climbing or dragon, gloves are personal preference. Weapon wise its a SS, or where i need a mirror shield its a d scim with it because im trainin str.

if i need mage def i use black d hide. never a big fan of karils. ive got waterfiend tasks aborted so no more of them lol

Getting 90 all stats will profit you as long as you watch what you're spending. Id advise getting 60-70 prayer first as this makes ur p pots more useful (more points per dose).

Sig

Zee_Stardust.png

Zee_Stardust.png

Bandos: Only get it if you have 50m to spend and don't care about basically losing it. The armor gives marginal boosts, and that's about it.

Berserker ring: DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM for slayer. It is a COMPLETE waste of money, except for PVP. Read more hereand here for better ideas.

Karil's: OK to have, not too beneficial outside of WFS and other magical monsters. Black d'hide is enough. I still have my set because I bought it when it was ~350k for both parts.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Piety/turmoil and cannon every task or you're wasting your time

This is only for people who can have a profit of 2-3M+/hr, his stats aren't effective enough to boss for that much cash.

Piety should be used on some tasks (in terms of opportunity cost), however, such as metal (ESPECIALLY mithril) dragons.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Slayer isn't worth it if you don't have turmoil and soul split either. And overloads are a must as well. Make sure you get that berserker imbued; oh, and get enough tokkul first do you can get an onyx (i) for some tasks too. Good luck :thumbup:

Ugh... So many mixed messages. At the moment, until a conclusion is reached, it won't hurt to train and get some cash. Probably ranging at green dragons.

Ugh... So many mixed messages. At the moment, until a conclusion is reached, it won't hurt to train and get some cash. Probably ranging at green dragons.

You need super antifire for those to be worth the time; a rune defender is so much better there then an anti-dragon shield. You'd be better off just killing druids for herbs or something.

I'd be looking for range exp, hence the combo of rune chow and anti dragon shield.

Nowdays, is money making basically limited to high level barrows/gwd/td's?

No, there are many more ways to make money, but since evil eye's stats far outclass yours, he has a much different opinion on what "good" money making is.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

I'm sorry. On my iPhone, images and sits are disabled...hence not seeing his stats. Stick with ranging green drags as

a patchhole fix until we get this issue resolved?

Wow, reading through this little thread, I see ignorance. Seriously; Your stats are more than your gear. Bandos makes you hit 1 higher, 20 strength levels would make you hit something like 10 damage more. (I'm talking about hitpoints, not lifepoints, multiply everything here by 10)

Dfs isn't really worth it. Just use a anti shield. I can be in full Adamant and crash full Bandos easily on a slayer monster. Not a great slayer myself, but I know for a FACT that bandos is no requirement for slayer.

Cannon your tasks when possible. Use piety on stronger monsters (Waterfiends). Skip/block those hard/slow to kill monsters.

It seems you've been teased into thinking that your gear is what makes you good. It barely makes a difference.

PS

evil_eye is just trolling.

As far as I was always made aware, it's your gear that matters...so it really is stats? I thought all those little bonuses wouldve added up..you wouldn't

go armadyl in snakeskin with an addy cbow and a rune kite, for instance.

So should I just powerlevel before doing anything else? I'm more concerned about cash then exp at the moment (I could buy 99 range/Mage, for instance) and cannoning seems

to reduce your profit...

I'm so confused now...I can't tell who's trolling and who's serious...

Gear is important up to a point, and that point tends to be around Barrows. Anything more expensive and you run into diminishing returns -- for example, buying Armadyl chestplate over Karil's Leathertop, you're paying ~14m extra for +3 ranged attack bonus and between 5 and 10 added to the defence bonuses. Once you have barrows/whip/defender/glory/dragon boots/barrows gloves/similar items, you have to start hemorrhaging money for small bonuses.

If you're looking at what gear you'll need:

Slayer helm

Whip

Rune Defender

Barrows plate

Verac's Skirt (or other barrows legs if you never use stat boosting prayers)

Barrows Gloves

Dragon Boots

Warrior Ring

Amulet of Glory

Soul Wars Cape/Fire Cape/Ardougne Cape/Obsidian Cape (lowest I would go, but I really recommend getting one of the others)

Karil's Leathertop

Karil's Leatherskirt

Zamorakian Spear

It is possible to get away with less -- I know that I have in the past -- but once you have those items, stats and potions become more important. Sure, Bandos and DFS have their uses, but they cost a ton for a rather marginal benefit.

I hope that made sense.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Well I don't know a lot about slayer but what I do know is that buying 80 herb for 39m and stewing for super anti-fire and using that with zs, even whip + defender is going to be well worth it over a 36m dfs

and what I said about tds was true, they have low def and are easy to kill

Skimmed over the replies

Stats > Gear, sure you may have the best gear but it doesn't do crap with your stats, it also won't get you into any good teams. You're better off selling the gear for herb/pray.

Defender > Dfs for slayer.

I haven't brought anything yet.

Let's say that I sell my collected resources and take that 7.5m outta kingdom, and get 80 herby. Would that be worth it, or earn some more cash first? What should i do with the super antifires? Camp greens for more cash? (I'd love to train herby, just not sure what way to approach it: Cash first, then get it in one go, or do it in steps)?

Ugh...seems to be pointing towards slayer at the moment (Not that it seems to make any money), but the exact methodology is lost on me :(

No 80 herby if i go slaying now, either :(