Argonite Maul vs. Katagon Longsword

skylor12344

Keep the Argonite it is the better metal and therefore better.

Rapier is the best 1 hand weapon and Spear the best 2 hander.

But aside from that better metal is always better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh yeah it goes argonite katonite gorgonite.

Had ordered muddled in ma head.

In whihc case keep the katon its a tier up from argonite so beats it hands down

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With 99 def I'd say go for a spear. It does all 3 attack styles (which is gd as monsters in there have notable weaknesses) plus can be poisoned.

Its only undoing is if your def sucks (and therefore get hurt alot without shield) whihc shuldnt effect you and coming up against dragons cna be a bit iffy

Plv6Dz6.jpg

how many lvls does the artisans potion raise ur stats? im 5 lvls short and i highly doubt that the potion boosts that high and i cant afford to raise my smithing at the moment.

Use the one that requires level 60 to make. It raises your smithing ( and crafting, construction) by 4+4% levels, so it will be enough to get you to a katagon spear :wink:

Staurolite.png

You can tell which gear is better by examining the items to tell their tier. edit: just checked Argonite is tier 7, katagon is tier 8

I'm not really sure which weapons are best. I'd assume rapiers since their basically like a whip, maybe even a little better (with prome/primal anyway), but certain monsters probably have slash/crush weakness, so rapiers might not be that great in the actual dungeon all the time.

tbh I prefer the longsword, because you can equip a shield, but mauls are pretty powerful. the longsword is higher tier too though.

Lagatag.png

You can tell which gear is better by examining the items to tell their tier. edit: just checked Argonite is tier 7, katagon is tier 8

I'm not really sure which weapons are best. I'd assume rapiers since their basically like a whip, maybe even a little better (with prome/primal anyway), but certain monsters probably have slash/crush weakness, so rapiers might not be that great in the actual dungeon all the time.

tbh I prefer the longsword, because you can equip a shield, but mauls are pretty powerful. the longsword is higher tier too though.

With the shortness of the dungeons, shields aren't needed, I've never used a shield (minus the few seconds I equiped an anti-drag shield to run past a dragon). I prefer a spear, as it's quite quick, has some power, has all the attack styles, and can be poisoned.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

With the shortness of the dungeons, shields aren't needed, I've never used a shield (minus the few seconds I equiped an anti-drag shield to run past a dragon). I prefer a spear, as it's quite quick, has some power, has all the attack styles, and can be poisoned.

yea im defo getting the spear, i had the 4 ores last night but i didnt have the magebane's to make the artisans potions. At this rate im just thinking about getting the 5 lvls and doing it that way because it seems when im looking for them i can never find the darn things xD

im pretty sure that the rapier is the best for f2p but dont quote me on that.

I'm liking the spear since I never make a shield and it's relatively fast.

yea but spears are p2p if im correct and he was wondering whats best for f2p.