How to drink more water and less bad "Crap"

RSBDavid

Or don't bother with bottled water at all...

whattttt? When I needed to ween off the soda it's what I did. One 24 pack of aquafina, whenever I'd go to my room I'd grab one. If I was thirsty, I'd drink it. AMazingly I didn't want the soda, because I have the water RIGHT THERE. Also, my mom is a nutrionist and she says the body doesn't consider soda a liquid in the way it digests it, so when you're thirsty, it's like eating ice cream to quench a thirst...

Bottled water is bad. To make one gallon it pollutes three gallons of water, not to mention the various chemicals you ingest due to the water bottle being plastic which releases particles under heat of light and a water bottle is the perfect petri dish for bacteria.

Instead of soda try like pomegranate juice, hits the spot plus its full of antioxidants and prevents blood platelets from sticking. As someone said you could also try tea. There is this one iced tea I get from Whole Foods and its really good, its green tea and peach juice, another is black tea and cranberry juice. They're natural and taste really good.

Pomegranate juice is [bleep]ing disgusting, man. And I knew about it BEFORE the hype. Like 10 years ago my mom made us drink it, now everyone's like "hey try this new fruit called Pomegranate!" uhh no thanks

Don't stop drinking the soda. At least not yet. Just for every 1-2 sodas drink a bottle/glass of water, and just keep decreasing the soda and increasing the water. Don't stop drinking soda completely yet, just work water into your current intake.

Why?

It's the same principle as when people try to stop smoking. If you go cold turkey you'll get strong urges to drink the soda again because your body is used to it. Instead you gradually lower your intake and wean your body off of it while getting used to consuming more water gradually at the same time. If you cut it out completely right away I think there is a much lesser chance of you stopping drinking the soda in the long term.

yerp

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whattttt? When I needed to ween off the soda it's what I did. One 24 pack of aquafina, whenever I'd go to my room I'd grab one. If I was thirsty, I'd drink it. AMazingly I didn't want the soda, because I have the water RIGHT THERE. Also, my mom is a nutrionist and she says the body doesn't consider soda a liquid in the way it digests it, so when you're thirsty, it's like eating ice cream to quench a thirst...

You do realize that a bottle of water is like, $2? And its a complete waste of money compared to drinking the tap?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I got them for cheap from costco, and yes tap is cheaper... However buying huge bottled water is cheaper than buying huge bottled soda.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

The "blandness" of water is just you being used to consuming over-flavored drinks: it will dissipate once you start drinking it more regularly.

If you really need the caffeine, then then switch to pills, but only if you must.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

YES ^^ although a lot of pills are just sugar as well.

YES ^^ although a lot of pills are just sugar as well.

Yea, I know it's not a great thing to need, but if you REALLY do need it, then it's better then the drinks.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

I found this water called Glaceau which tastes alright. I am weening off soda by drinking sugar tea, reducing my sugar amounts in the tea gradually. I will be doing this over the next month or two until I no longer "need" soda/sugar drinks.

Wish me luck.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Well I mean its ok to drink Soda. Going cold turkey permanently is ridiculous. Just slow it down a lot.

Well I mean its ok to drink Soda. Going cold turkey permanently is ridiculous. Just slow it down a lot.

No, it's not.

I don't drink pop or juice. Period.

Just outta of chance? Or as a rule you NEVER because thats simply over doing it. A little bit is ok, trust me.

Just outta of chance? Or as a rule you NEVER because thats simply over doing it. A little bit is ok, trust me.

Lets put it this way: a pop or two is more straight sugar than anyone should consume in a year. It's like saying that one whiff of asbestos is good for you, because 10 is very bad. It's a fallacy quite easy to be taken in by, especially concerning diet.

Are you in good shape? It helps greatly if you practice longer exercises without water since you will drink less.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Hey, I was in your same situation a long time ago.

The way I got out of it was to stick with water as much as possible and eventually I strayed away from soda and that stuff.

Just be determined to drink water instead of soda. However once you kick the soda, you'll drink water like crazy if you become like me.

I go through the Poland Springs 24 pack in about 2-4 days time.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

brita.jpg

Try this instead of bottled water. Since you live in the middle of nowhere, I doubt you are recycling those bottles of water.

You (and millions of people like you) throw away a plastic bottle every day.

If it goes in the trash, it goes to a dump. Once it goes in the dump it never goes away.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Don't stop drinking the soda. At least not yet. Just for every 1-2 sodas drink a bottle/glass of water, and just keep decreasing the soda and increasing the water. Don't stop drinking soda completely yet, just work water into your current intake.

Why?

It's the same principle as when people try to stop smoking. If you go cold turkey you'll get strong urges to drink the soda again because your body is used to it. Instead you gradually lower your intake and wean your body off of it while getting used to consuming more water gradually at the same time. If you cut it out completely right away I think there is a much lesser chance of you stopping drinking the soda in the long term.

As far as my experience with addictions went, it never works to lower consumption gradually. You just gotta make a decision to stop and do it, otherwise you'll keep getting back to your addiction.

My experiences with morphine say otherwise.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Why?

As far as my experience with addictions went, it never works to lower consumption gradually. You just gotta make a decision to stop and do it, otherwise you'll keep getting back to your addiction.

I hardly think that he'll have severe withdrawal though: the worst with caffeine is a headache and a craving.

Why?

I hardly think that he'll have severe withdrawal though: the worst with caffeine is a headache and a craving.

Yeah, what I meant was that just going cold turkey isn't as effective as one would think, even if you have the willpower to do so.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Cold turkey works for some people, slowly phasing it out works for others. You just need to find what works for you.

I guess I was quite determined to remove them from my diet when I did, so cold turkey worked well. Suppose willpower is such a factor in quitting that it's sometimes hard to offer advice.

"Cold turkey" doesn't work?

That doesn't make any sense. Going cold turkey means completely cutting it. I assure you that if you completely cut something, then you arent doing it anymore...

The method works. Theres no way that it couldn't work. The method says that you just stop doing it.

"Cold turkey" doesn't fail, people fail. The method is not flawed. People just fail at the method.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

"Cold turkey" doesn't work?

That doesn't make any sense. Going cold turkey means completely cutting it. I assure you that if you completely cut something, then you arent doing it anymore...

The method works. Theres no way that it couldn't work. The method says that you just stop doing it.

"Cold turkey" doesn't fail, people fail. The method is not flawed. People just fail at the method.

I don't think it's that simple. The whole idea of cutting it off at once, is for people who have the will power to just ignore their desires until those decay. These are the people that usually could not have stopped gradually, because fulfilling their desires would draw them back to wanting more and more.

The other type of people, are those that need to quit gradually. They can't ignore their desires, so they try to fulfill them less and less, until the need "wears off". These are the ones that usually could not have just quit, because they'd only think of that, and not let themselves enjoy other things.

Whatever works.