Hypnotize - SOAD

DarkDude

They're Armenian.

I like this album. Only given it a couple of listens so far but i think i prefer it to Mezmerize.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're Armenians living in America :P Anyway, I've bought the album today, but I haven't had time to listen to it yet...

Wikipedia seems to disagree with you:

System of a Down (sometimes referred to as S.O.A.D. or System) is an alternative metal band from Los Angeles, California.

Besides, since when do you have to be from a country to have a right to have an opinion about it?

Anyway, I'll probably pick up the album once I get the money, although from the songs I've streamed it does sound nice enough...

they are armenian, as stated after your post.

I like the music, but not the message they are sending.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

They're US-based right now. Besides, they've been political from the start, with songs like P.L.U.C.K.. Also, if a governement's actions have a worldwide effect, do you still only have a right to protest if you're from that country?

They're US-based right now. Besides, they've been political from the start, with songs like P.L.U.C.K.. Also, if a governement's actions have a worldwide effect, do you still only have a right to protest if you're from that country?

"If they don't like it here, they can leave."

Sums it up in that one statement.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Yea, let's not give criticism and agree with everything. Let's not protest, just take everything. I wonder how great the world would be then. Besides, if it is an international matter your great statement doesn't even apply.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Thats such an awful statement. If everyone had that attitude then the world would be in pure dictatorship.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thats such an awful statement. If everyone had that attitude then the world would be in pure dictatorship.

So you want to keep bickering over this subject? I thought this thread died, but if I have to, I have to.

If anyone is going to downplay my country, I'm not just going to sit there and take it, hell I know millions agree with me. Its called "respect", but SOAD seems to lack that. :roll:

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

If anyone is going to downplay my country, I'm not just going to sit there and take it, hell I know millions agree with me. Its called "respect", but SOAD seems to lack that. :roll:

They dislike the government, not the country. If they hated the country, they wouldn't live there, would they?

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Maybe there is a reason why people are downplaying your country. And instead of ignoring it and continue the way you are doing it you could be open for it. Start wondering why everybody is talking about America, and not with America.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Older Soad stuff like "Steal this album" album was excelent nu-metal! hypnotize was not what i expected and i was kinda disapointed but "obcinity and vascinity" or whatever its called brought a smile to my face :wink:

Nu-metal whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Get your genres straight , buddy :lol:

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Maybe there is a reason why people are downplaying your country. And instead of ignoring it and continue the way you are doing it you could be open for it. Start wondering why everybody is talking about America, and not with America.

Please :roll: there are so many countries jealous of us its ridiculous. And what if we stopped supplying aid to countless other countries? Then they'd want to be all buddy-buddy again.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

This CD = teh pwnage.

I love "She's Like Heroin" and "Hypnotize". Now I'm not a huge fan of SOAD but this cd is great.

what he said - the 'teH Pwnage' part. id say, This Cd = Glorious

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong

Please :roll: there are so many countries jealous of us its ridiculous. And what if we stopped supplying aid to countless other countries? Then they'd want to be all buddy-buddy again.

if you stopped supplying "aid" to these other countries, maybe they would stop supplying you with the comparative slave labour which allows your society to function with $20 drills and sweatshop made clothes.