Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

Like more Spec ops missions instead of a few over-priced new (some returning) multiplayer maps (and nothing else) DLC. Why don't they realize this... So many things that could be put into DLC that everyone would love. New weapons, perks, challenges, callsigns, Spec ops, etc. It's not like people would buy any DLC with THAT in it. :rolleyes:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In CoD4 they didn't have infinite tubes.

Sure seemed like it though.

What I'm saying is that before MW2 came out, people complained about CoD 4. Now they constantly talk about how amazing it is when they talk about MW2.

No.

Everyone loved CoD4, and they still do. The only people who actually liked MW2 were little kids and people who sucked at 4.

Wrong. People who don't enjoy MW2 are people who complain about things being unbalanced even though there are measures to prevent them.

Wrong. The game is unbalanced. CoD4 had balance issues (some which were fixed [or broken] through ProMod and such on PC) but MW2 was on an entire different level of "balance issues".

You can say there are "counters" all you want but it still doesn't change the fact that certain things are just overpowered and unbalanced.

What else is there? The only things I saw that were completely overpowered were akimbo models and Commando. Everything else is fine because they have counters.

Stop with this crap that there are counters kid. The stuff they put in to "counter" the imbalances is either useless or wastes equipment or secondary weapon slots. I shouldn't have to use the riot shield, blast shield, and stingers on every class just to counter opposing player's cheap tactics. "Switch to CB/Stingers" you'll reply, but I'm still being given an auto death.

Kill streaks in general are just unbalanced.

"hey, this guy is doing good. Lets reward him by giving him a ton of free kills that take no skill to actually get which in turn rewards him with more killstreaks and free kills which take no skill to get."

It's poor design. It's fine rewarding someone for a kill streak with something small like a UAV. Rewarding someone with an attack helicopter that can see people with thermal and has seemingly no cooldown time on shooting for getting a kill streak is not good. Not only does it heavily reward the idea of just camping in one area until you get a kill streak (because kill streaks are so valuable) but it just doesn't make sense to reward someone who got a killstreak with a ton of free kills.

Of course there is then the care package which could give you one of these overpowered killstreaks and is easily gotten by any kid. Clearly throwing that heavy amount of RNG into an FPS is a great idea, right?

Kill streaks were a nice idea that got way overblown. Fact is the 7 kill streak in CoD4 was over powered enough (and believe me it was complained about plenty). However at least that was able to be a server choice for players and comp was able to disable it off of servers. MW2 decided that less freedom in your game was a good thing and that they should dictate the way you want to play your gameplay modes.

In CoD4 they didn't have infinite tubes.

Sure seemed like it though.

What I'm saying is that before MW2 came out, people complained about CoD 4. Now they constantly talk about how amazing it is when they talk about MW2.

No.

Everyone loved CoD4, and they still do. The only people who actually liked MW2 were little kids and people who sucked at 4.

Wrong. People who don't enjoy MW2 are people who complain about things being unbalanced even though there are measures to prevent them.

Wrong. The game is unbalanced. CoD4 had balance issues (some which were fixed [or broken] through ProMod and such on PC) but MW2 was on an entire different level of "balance issues".

You can say there are "counters" all you want but it still doesn't change the fact that certain things are just overpowered and unbalanced.

What else is there? The only things I saw that were completely overpowered were akimbo models and Commando. Everything else is fine because they have counters.

Stop with this crap that there are counters kid. The stuff they put in to "counter" the imbalances is either useless or wastes equipment or secondary weapon slots. I shouldn't have to use the riot shield, blast shield, and stingers on every class just to counter opposing player's cheap tactics. "Switch to CB/Stingers" you'll reply, but I'm still being given an auto death.

If you aren't willing to change the way you play in order to stop something you don't like then it's not an imbalance. IMO, unless you're using a sniper or riot shield as the main weapon then your secondary should automatically be a Stinger. If you don't want to waste Perk 2 on Cold-Blooded then play on hardcore where the other 4 Perk 2s are useless. But if you're just going to tell me about how there's no Hardcore Ground War then stop complaining because you're just putting yourself in a position where AC-130s and chopper gunners seem "overpowered".

@Nadril: It's just as easy to get rid of the killstreaks as it is to get them. The fact that 1 perk makes the "overpowered" ones suddenly useless should be enough.

I can't do anything about non-dedicated servers. If that's why you don't want to play then go ahead but you can't say that this game is horridly unbalanced if you aren't doing anything to prevent it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

If you aren't willing to change the way you play in order to stop something you don't like then it's not an imbalance. IMO, unless you're using a sniper or riot shield as the main weapon then your secondary should automatically be a Stinger. If you don't want to waste Perk 2 on Cold-Blooded then play on hardcore where the other 4 Perk 2s are useless. But if you're just going to tell me about how there's no Hardcore Ground War then stop complaining because you're just putting yourself in a position where AC-130s and chopper gunners seem "overpowered".

- Side arms are necessary in any FPS really. Wasting that slot to get rid of some kids chopper (which may still just shoot you down anyways) is imbalance.

- Hardcore is stupid and unbalanced in its own right.

They are overpowered. Stop trying to defend the game and just accept that. You need to realize that while you're looking like a jackass trying to shoot down this chopper in the sky there is still an enemy team out there. While that might not mean jack [cabbage] in a PUB in a real game it means a lot.

- Side arms are necessary in any FPS really. Wasting that slot to get rid of some kids chopper (which may still just shoot you down anyways) is imbalance.

They are overpowered. Stop trying to defend the game and just accept that. You need to realize that while you're looking like a jackass trying to shoot down this chopper in the sky there is still an enemy team out there. While that might not mean jack [cabbage] in a PUB in a real game it means a lot.

-Excuse me for not seeing the neccesity of having a machine pistol when you've got a fully automatic assault rifle right there.

-Please explain

I look like a jackass while trying to shoot down something that's mowing down my team? It takes less than 10 seconds for me to shoot down a chopper gunner or pavelow and it's not like I'm sitting there waiting for them to call up any airborn killstreaks.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

-Side arms are necessary in any FPS other than MW2, theres a shotgun attachment for burstfire and semi-auto weapons and most assault rifles perform well in all sorts of situations.

Nothing is overpowered when there is a direct counter to it. There are advantages and disadvantages to each and every playing style and class build. If you hate killstreaks, then make a class with an ak47/m16/FAL/ump45 and get on with it. Otherwise, continue getting killed by the killstreaks you refuse to prevent or stop.

Is there any need for all this name calling? I thought riku was the kid here... :roll:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I'm not calling anyone names?

-Excuse me for not seeing the neccesity of having a machine pistol when you've got a fully automatic assault rifle right there.

-Please explain

I look like a jackass while trying to shoot down something that's mowing down my team? It takes less than 10 seconds for me to shoot down a chopper gunner or pavelow and it's not like I'm sitting there waiting for them to call up any airborn killstreaks.

That fully automatic can run out of ammo in it's clip. Just like in any other FPS it is much easier to swap to a sidearm and finish someone off than sit there for a couple of seconds reloading.

Also the point is you're standing in the middle of a firefight looking up at the sky trying to shoot something down. In an fps time matters. Don't really care what happens with pubs anyways (even though in a PUB killstreaks are just annoying).

-Side arms are necessary in any FPS other than MW2, theres a shotgun attachment for burstfire and semi-auto weapons and most assault rifles perform well in all sorts of situations.

Nothing is overpowered when there is a direct counter to it. There are advantages and disadvantages to each and every playing style and class build. If you hate killstreaks, then make a class with an ak47/m16/FAL/ump45 and get on with it. Otherwise, continue getting killed by the killstreaks you refuse to prevent or stop.

I'm not the one getting killed by killstreaks, I don't play the game. (I had a short burst playing it when IW's "amazing" IWNet was completely cracked open allowing me to play on the retail servers with a pirated copy. Quit playing because the game was garbage) . It should be common sense though that the idea of kill streaks are unbalanced.

I'm not calling anyone names?

-Please explain

That fully automatic can run out of ammo in it's clip. Just like in any other FPS it is much easier to swap to a sidearm and finish someone off than sit there for a couple of seconds reloading.

Also the point is you're standing in the middle of a firefight looking up at the sky trying to shoot something down. In an fps time matters. Don't really care what happens with pubs anyways (even though in a PUB killstreaks are just annoying).

There's a perk for that, Sleight of Hand, it lets you reload faster if you forgot. Then there's the fact that I have a habit of reloading after every kill unless there's a group of people which has admittedly gotten me killed multiple times.

That thing in the sky is, more often than not, going to obliterate my team. I can either let it kill 3 people in the 7 seconds that it's there or let it kill 15 in the 45 seconds that it's there.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You're quite not getting the point riku. Sidearms are necessary even if it is quick for you to reload.

And again, you're not getting it. You're standing exposed looking at the sky trying to shoot something down. There is nothing that says they can't just shoot you while you have a useless weapon out.

Eh this is an argument that is never going to be won though. I still stand by that the entire idea of killstreaks is garbage or at the very least it should just stick to pub level gameplay. Of course the issue was that in MW2 if you wanted to get anything beyond PUB gameplay you had to deal with the unbalanced crap because there was no way to turn it off in an option or something.

And again it goes back to dedicated servers but if they had them than the PC version would have had a good, fun balanced mod out for the game now instead of just everyone going back to play CoD4.

Also the point is you're standing in the middle of a firefight looking up at the sky trying to shoot something down. In an fps time matters. Don't really care what happens with pubs anyways (even though in a PUB kill streaks are just annoying).

Doesn't take much effort to back off behind a corner or two and fire back after those couple of seconds. I rarely get caught out in the open reloading, and even if I do I end up knifing the guy or falling back where I can reload, then I come back for more.

Why are you in the middle of a firefight while a kill streak is up? Thats where you get killed regardless. Just move over away from the fighting (go somewhere you'd normally operate a kill streak) and take that thing down before it enters your airspace.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I don't want to have to waste my secondary with Stingers, they're no fun to use and can't get any kills. Half the time going to the open to try and shoot the killstreak down gives it another kill adding to the guy's streak. Another stupid thing btw, 90% of the time if I can get a 5 kill streak for my Predator I've got my AC-130/Chopper Gunner already. But then I suppose most of these streaks are from [bleep]ing Care Packages anyway, meaning the bad kids who can only get 4 or even 3 killstreaks can use AC-130s, Pave Lows, etc.

Theres a ton of stuff in this game thats simply indefensible. The game as a whole though I feel has given a lot of joy to a lot of people, its still a lot of fun to play with friends, for exactly the reasons that mad stuff happens all the time like 7 in 1 Stealth Bomber kills. Its a great arcade shooter, if you want something serious don't buy MW2. The games obviously been handled incredibly badly by Activision, hopefully they can learn from the experience and Black Ops won't repeat MW2's mistakes. Not that it concerns me, but I heard Treyarch are using dedicated servers so that should please the PC crowd at least, so they've at least listened to the community on that point. Hopefully they won't ask for suggestions on Twitter like they did for MW2, they really listened to the wrong people, namely the hordes of 12 year olds who latched onto CoD4 and ruined it with their 3xFrag, Juggernaught and Martyrdom.

Nadril wins, hands down.

Also regarding the argument of going to play hardcore if we don't want to waste perk 2 on cold blooded is very idiotic. You want us to go to a game mode filled with even more idiots who are playing with OMA noobtubes or just spraying through every wall they see as opposed to playing with stopping power? Lol.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Nadril wins, hands down.

Also regarding the argument of going to play hardcore if we don't want to waste perk 2 on cold blooded is very idiotic. You want us to go to a game mode filled with even more idiots who are playing with OMA noobtubes or just spraying through every wall they see as opposed to playing with stopping power? Lol.

Then play core with cold blooded.

WA2000

FAL

AK-47

SCAR-H

Any shotgun cept the striker

UMP-45

M16

Pick one.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Invalid and totally irrelevant point.

How was that an irrelevant post? You said you don't want to play hardcore because there are more idiots in hardcore (Which is false) and he provided an alternate method to get rid of what most of you guys are always complaining about while not hindering your ability to play.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

How was that an irrelevant post? You said you don't want to play hardcore because there are more idiots in hardcore (Which is false) and he provided an alternate method to get rid of what most of you guys are always complaining about while not hindering your ability to play.

Hardcore mode sucks. End of.

Only kids who play it are ones who can't shoot and need the extra damage.

Hardcore mode sucks. End of.

Only kids who play it are ones who can't shoot and need the extra damage.

That's pretty funny considering the fact that everyone and their dog plays core with Stopping Power.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

He wins, no use talking to brick walls.lol

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Telling someone to play a gameplay mode they don't enjoy to get away from unbalanced crap isn't exactly a decent suggestion.

Hell, I've got a better one -- play a better game :).

Telling someone to play a gameplay mode they don't enjoy to get away from unbalanced crap isn't exactly a decent suggestion.

Exaclty, the only way to avoid all the crap is to completely change your playstyle, to something thats neither fun nor effective, and any suggestion that the game has counters to the BS fails because of this.

Exaclty, the only way to avoid all the crap is to completely change your playstyle, to something thats neither fun nor effective, and any suggestion that the game has counters to the BS fails because of this.

And hardcore is full of even more BS lol.

What's more fun to you all? Dying to every killstreak and having a secondary weapon? Or staying alive and using your main gun and equipment as weapons? Like I said multiple times before, if you aren't going to do something about it yourself then quit complaining, It's getting really annoying now.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

What's more fun to you all? Dying to every killstreak and having a secondary weapon? Or staying alive and using your main gun and equipment as weapons? Like I said multiple times before, if you aren't going to do something about it yourself then quit complaining, It's getting really annoying now.

If you don't like it don't come here. Same principle.

If you don't like it don't come here. Same principle.

No. I actually like discussing the game and telling of amazing games. A better option would be to block you but you do actually have some worthwhile posts.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg