Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

For the guys saying just use Cold Blooded and Stingers, what if the class I'm using doesn't have it? I'm defenceless. Even if I did run CB on every class, it doesn't make you immune to killstreaks, you can still die from airstrikes just as easily and can still be seen by player controlled ones. You'll also probably die to them because theres a guy standing next to you without CB.

I really hope they go back to 3-5-7. That was at least reasonably balanced, and the helicopter wasn't completely broken.

The helicopter in CoD4 was annoying because it prioritised shooting the players with the highest scores, it was incredibly annoying to be beasting and then have to hide because it spent the whole minute shooting at you. Dogs in my opinion were as bad, if not worse, than the killstreaks in MW2. In MW2 you can take out a Chopper Gunner, its a single thing, and CB counters it to some extent, but in WaW dogs would keep rushing you for the whole minute and could take like three shots from a bolt action rifle to down.

I actually wouldn't miss killstreaks much, it would be a great incentive for people not to camp. MW2 has a lot of big, I mean BIG, problems, but its still a a good laugh and a lot of fun. Also I'm not complaining when I'm the one circling the map in an AC-130, getting quad and triple kills whilst the 13 year olds on the other team stand there and do nothing.

then once you die you can switch to cb and switch back after it's down and you die

i'm just sayin if you're going to complain about something at least attempt to do something about it.

So you're saying it's our job to do that?

yup

I don't have a clue who you are, but your name isn't 'pennywise'.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the guys saying just use Cold Blooded and Stingers, what if the class I'm using doesn't have it? I'm defenceless. Even if I did run CB on every class, it doesn't make you immune to killstreaks, you can still die from airstrikes just as easily and can still be seen by player controlled ones. You'll also probably die to them because theres a guy standing next to you without CB.

I really hope they go back to 3-5-7. That was at least reasonably balanced, and the helicopter wasn't completely broken.

The helicopter in CoD4 was annoying because it prioritised shooting the players with the highest scores, it was incredibly annoying to be beasting and then have to hide because it spent the whole minute shooting at you. Dogs in my opinion were as bad, if not worse, than the killstreaks in MW2. In MW2 you can take out a Chopper Gunner, its a single thing, and CB counters it to some extent, but in WaW dogs would keep rushing you for the whole minute and could take like three shots from a bolt action rifle to down.

I actually wouldn't miss killstreaks much, it would be a great incentive for people not to camp. MW2 has a lot of big, I mean BIG, problems, but its still a a good laugh and a lot of fun. Also I'm not complaining when I'm the one circling the map in an AC-130, getting quad and triple kills whilst the 13 year olds on the other team stand there and do nothing.

then once you die you can switch to cb and switch back after it's down and you die

i'm just sayin if you're going to complain about something at least attempt to do something about it.

yup

I don't have a clue who you are, but your name isn't 'pennywise'.

sometimes i like to think it is :smile:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179306&cmpid=0101

Infinity Ward spawned one of the bigger controversies in gaming last year when they announced the PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would use peer-to-peer matchmaking in lieu of traditional dedicated servers. That's a history that won't be repeating itself with Call of Duty: Black Ops, though, as Treyarch president Mark Lamia has confirmed they're sticking with dedicated servers.

"I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to," Lamia said to PC Zone magazine (via CVG). "It seems people like them and we're excited about what we're doing right now."

Even still, Lamia also said they're working on bringing some of the console matchmaking features to their dedicated servers, while maintaining the customizable nature of the dedicated server experience. "We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides," Lamia said. "We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."

Meanwhile, CVG also reports that a new Black Ops preview in the Official Xbox Magazine reveals the game won't just have vehicles the player rides in, but can control entirely. This apparently includes the SR-71 Blackbird we've previously heard about (and which was previously unclear whether it was entirely in the player's control or not), as well as helicopters that the mag "stresses" are fully controllable, which will even provide helicopter-vs-hellicopter air battles.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is launching on the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii on November 9.

Funny how treyarch listens to the community about dedicated servers.

It's everyone's job. If you aren't using a sniper rifle or a riot shield then there is absolutely no excuse to not use a Stinger.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It's everyone's job. If you aren't using a sniper rifle or a riot shield then there is absolutely no excuse to not use a Stinger.

What if you're using the FAL and don't have a trigger finger? Probably doable, but close range would be tough.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

What if you're using the FAL and don't have a trigger finger? Probably doable, but close range would be tough.

If you can't fire the FAL fast enough when you meet someone around the corner then why would you use it?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I snipe every map, so I'm not shooting stuff down.

As soon as it kills you the first time, switch to a class designed to take it down. Better than getting a few more deaths. Plus with teamwork the air support shouldn't last more than 5 seconds. I've seen an AC130 go down in under 5 seconds because 2 people switched to a Stinger class the moment it was called in. I already was using my stinger class, so I fired the moment I got a lock on it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I prefer to leave, i'm not doing that [cabbage] lol.

You sound like a kid.

You are a kid.

Lmfao irl.

I snipe every map, so I'm not shooting stuff down.

Why, Jase, why? ):

Why to which part?

The randomness of killstreaks is probably the most annoying. Kids getting AC-130s and Chopper Gunners from a care package is just stupid.

More chances for me to get kills towards cold blooded pro. :thumbup:

Why not just shoot a heli with an RPD for that? Can do it in 2 choppers if not 1.

The randomness of killstreaks is probably the most annoying. Kids getting AC-130s and Chopper Gunners from a care package is just stupid.

More chances for me to get kills towards cold blooded pro. :thumbup:

Why not just shoot a heli with an RPD for that? Can do it in 2 choppers if not 1.

Kills, not hits.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I like the randomness of carepackages and EAD. It's like opening a present, you wonder what you're gonna get. Will it be an EMP, or will you just get ammo even though your ammo is full in every way. Carepackages are also good for luring, call one in where the enemy will be near often, pick them off as they go for it.

everybodys a kid but me :thumbsup:

There's other adults posting on this thread. <_<

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

It is not a good thing to reward noobs with AC-130s or Chopper Gunners for getting a 4 or even 3 killstreak. Should be capped at Harriers if not Sentry Gun/Predator.

CP should be capped at 7.

EAD should give all (except nuke, which wont be in this game anyways) since an 8 ks does warrant good things, and the fact that it takes longer to call in than a CP

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I agree about the care package. Even though they're easy to shoot down, it's kind of frustrating to see someone go 4-0 one minute into the game and have a chopper gunner already.