Tip.It Times - 16th May 2010

Racheya

Guys...

I did not say that this is the end of RuneScape...

Read the last few paragraphs of my article again, if you please :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Another Article about Dungeoneering, and how GREAT it is. What a joke. It's so stupid that it has a max level of 120. I don't get it, why should that skill have 120 and not the rest?

Another thing i don't get is that they say they won't raise caps of other skills, but in other interviews they say "not yet". Wish there was some good articles that criticized Dungeoneering, than worshiped it...

Bilrach being the final boss is just strange. There is Zaros, Saradomin, Zamorak, Bandos, Armadyl, Seren and TONS of other powerful npcs below them. How can Billrach be the final boss...

I feel like writing a article about level caps...

Another Article about Dungeoneering, and how GREAT it is. What a joke. It's so stupid that it has a max level of 120. I don't get it, why should that skill have 120 and not the rest?

Another thing i don't get is that they say they won't raise caps of other skills, but in other interviews they say "not yet". Wish there was some good articles that criticized Dungeoneering, than worshiped it...

Bilrach being the final boss is just strange. There is Zaros, Saradomin, Zamorak, Bandos, Armadyl, Seren and TONS of other powerful npcs below them. How can Billrach be the final boss...

Because they spent so much time on it that they want people to play it forever. They also are likely going to devote a disproportionate amount of time on developing it in the future. I honestly think this will be the center around which they build Runescape from now on.

Also, how many times are we going have to watch Tip.it kneel down and give Jagex a "Lewinsky?"

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Because they spent so much time on it that they want people to play it forever. They also are likely going to devote a disproportionate amount of time on developing it in the future. I honestly think this will be the center around which they build Runescape from now on.

Also, how many times are we going have to watch Tip.it kneel down and give Jagex a "Lewinsky?"

Sirhemen, we love guest articles, so when can we expect it?

Me_Hate_Libs: This article is my own opinion, not Tip.it's or Jagex's... I've written my fair share of critical pieces with equal verve and devotion as I've written this piece (link being the bottom pic of my sig, still)... But if you have watched Tip.it "Lewinsky" Jagex so many times now, why are you still complaining, better yet, why are you still here? This reeks of jealousy ;)

Neither of you guys seem to be able to properly formulate criticism about the article or it's subject, but for some reason (rly, what is it) want to so bad that you got to wonder why you even play this game... Me_Hate_Libs even started to stake outrageous claims that I (because the Times writers are NOT Tip.it staff) somehow have sold out to Jagex... Get real, and get to work...

PS: both of you apparently missed a lot of the hidden criticism in my article, so I'm goign to count you too towards the group of below average readers...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Sirhemen, we love guest articles, so when can we expect it?

Me_Hate_Libs: This article is my own opinion, not Tip.it's or Jagex's... I've written my fair share of critical pieces with equal verve and devotion as I've written this piece (link being the bottom pic of my sig, still)... But if you have watched Tip.it "Lewinsky" Jagex so many times now, why are you still complaining, better yet, why are you still here? This reeks of jealousy ;)

Neither of you guys seem to be able to properly formulate criticism about the article or it's subject, but for some reason (rly, what is it) want to so bad that you got to wonder why you even play this game... Me_Hate_Libs even started to stake outrageous claims that I (because the Times writers are NOT Tip.it staff) somehow have sold out to Jagex... Get real, and get to work...

PS: both of you apparently missed a lot of the hidden criticism in my article, so I'm goign to count you too towards the group of below average readers...

You present Dungeoneering as something adventureous, magnificiant and great, and it is to some extent. And then you go on talking about Billrach theory, which is nice, but you could have written more about the negative sides about Dungeoneering.

As for Jagex, a thing i do not like is that they say something, but on a other note they say another. And it's not easy to reach them. For example, I'd like to see Tip.it community gathering a big list of very important disadvantages in the game that needs to be fixed. A list of bugs that many agree needs fixing. This list can be given to Jagex.

But i hardly doubt that's possible. Because i don't think Jagex cares that much. It's mostly a fasade of "pretty words" at the moment.

TS, I wasn't actually criticizing you specifically, but how most Times articles tend to completely gloss over the issues with updates and only talk about the good things. Basically what the Times does is accentuate the good parts of an update and hide the negatives as if they didn't exist.

Maybe I did miss some of your criticism. Sadly you can not be subtle on the internet as text has no tone, no inflection, and very little that you can be sly about. If others got it and I didn't, then that's my issue.

Put it to you this way, if Tip.it is a camera, and Runescape is what we are filming, than the Times is the coat of Vaseline on the lens.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Commenting about the endgame article:

Completely useless outside Daemonheim? The Chaotic Longsword ALONE is enough of a reason for me to get 80. Not to mention what might come out in batch 2. Biggest most awesomest update to Runescape? Sorry, but I believe the title goes to either Slayer, GWD, or Summoning. While fun, it's not making me hundreds of millions, or making the red 138 above my head any bigger.

As for the boss of "floor 60" being runescape's final boss, I remember an RS where the biggest boss was the Kalphite Queen. I never in my wildest dreams envisioned a place like GWD. I'm sure RSC people could say the same about when the Kalphite Queen or even the KBD came out. Jagex will come up with something else and the game will go on.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Completely useless outside Daemonheim? The Chaotic Longsword ALONE is enough of a reason for me to get 80. Not to mention what might come out in batch 2. Biggest most awesomest update to Runescape? Sorry, but I believe the title goes to either Slayer, GWD, or Summoning. While fun, it's not making me hundreds of millions, or making the red 138 above my head any bigger.

As for the boss of "floor 60" being runescape's final boss, I remember an RS where the biggest boss was the Kalphite Queen. I never in my wildest dreams envisioned a place like GWD. I'm sure RSC people could say the same about when the Kalphite Queen or even the KBD came out. Jagex will come up with something else and the game will go on.

And without the rewards? The skill is completely useless out of Daemonheim. Dungeoneering on its own has not earn the player any ability at all. Great reward yes, but that doesn't make it a beneficial 'skill', because if so many activities out there has useful rewards as well.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Rewards are useful. The skill isn't.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to make a suggestion to the next RS Bugs issue.

-When cannons first came out with the dwarf cannon quest, players were able to set down their cannons, pick up another players cannon, and then pick up their own as well... giving the player two cannons. I lost my cannon this way and was not able to get it back from the Dwarf Engineer. :wall:

• 2 months later...

So...

Link to one of Bilrach's last entries in his journal (click = spoil)

RuneScape's final boss... Was I right, or was I not?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!