Tip.It Times - 16th May 2010

Racheya

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

Any corrections for the articles, please PM to me and they will be rectified as soon as possible :thumbup:

Enjoy the articles!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Wooot awesomeee, nice article lol.

I was randomly browsing the forums and when i refreshed i saw it being posted, good going 'Super Moderator' Racheya and great job Nightshade for the article :thumbsup:

I think the first article makes some exagerated claims based on not that much evidence, i don't think dungeoneering is the last skill of runescape, future skills could be added with them being added (or not) into dungeoneering, i'd rather go for not, since it's already quite big and adding a whole new skill in it's scheme is a gargantuous task in my opinion.

For the biggest part of the article you go on basicly describing the skill, it's advantages, how it will impact the combat triangle in runescape, and ofcourse go into it's lore, all of this before finally concluding that all this seems to lead to the skill being the last skill runescape will get. Now all that would be just fine, it gave me some insight into the skill, how it worked, since i haven't actually played it, but as an article, which is tentatively titled 'this is it', i'm sorry to say it doesn't really deliver what is expected. Only until i was about at the 3/4 mark through the article did i again see you mention what the article started about. For that reason, i don't think it was really focused on what it set out to achieve, by the title and introduction. It goes on and on before finally delivering a conclusion that isn't related to what you talked about for over 1/2 of the article.

Furthermore, i do not believe you provide sufficient arguments to sustain your theory. Agreed, it does provide some high leveled content, which will undoubtedly change the landscape of runescape in terms of combat atleast; jagex themselves have indeed stated that this was intended to be a place where you used up what you trained above the surface of runescape; the 120 level also hints that it's, at least for the moment, the cream of the crop of the runescape skills, however, which jagex having put on the table the possibility that other skills might be raised over 99 aswell, i wouldn't be so sure anymore.

I think there might be some significant evidence to what you are trying to demonstrate in the article, however i feel it is not structured well enough, it does not deliver the motives that will hands down make you seriously take into account that it is indeed the last skill. What i see in it is a sum up of the new possibilities the skill opens, which might have been better organised to suit your arguments better.

Interesting wording nontetheless, tentative title, eye catching premise, yet it lacks. It sets itself a promising goal, but ultimately it seems to crumble at the hand of the big pressure that goal put upon it. It's quite neatly written, yet it could have been so much more coming from Stormrage :smile:

EDIT: I misread the article, i am mistaken. The final line is what made all what i have said above null and invalid 'So yes. This is it. This, the whole Dungeoneering skill (including batch 2), was, is, and probably will be the biggest awesome-est update in the history of RuneScape since its creation.' While you were expecting something else reading on from article, the conclusion dispells the serious and somewhat menacing end of runescape alure, and concludes this was in the end about how nicely the skill itself fit into the game. By not paying enough attention i missed out on its point, and even if it didn't matter, since it was just my opinion, it's en error i had to admit, instead of merely editing it all out. A better article indeed, changed the whole perspective view by 180 degrees. Congratulations on writing it.

Final1.jpg

[hide]Wooot awesomeee, nice article lol.

I was randomly browsing the forums and when i refreshed i saw it being posted, good going 'Super Moderator' Racheya and great job Nightshade for the article :thumbsup:

I think the first article makes some exagerated claims based on not that much evidence, i don't think dungeoneering is the last skill of runescape, future skills could be added with them being added (or not) into dungeoneering, i'd rather go for not, since it's already quite big and adding a whole new skill in it's scheme is a gargantuous task in my opinion.

For the biggest part of the article you go on basicly describing the skill, it's advantages, how it will impact the combat triangle in runescape, and ofcourse go into it's lore, all of this before finally concluding that all this seems to lead to the skill being the last skill runescape will get. Now all that would be just fine, it gave me some insight into the skill, how it worked, since i haven't actually played it, but as an article, which is tentatively titled 'this is it', i'm sorry to say it doesn't really deliver what is expected. Only until i was about at the 3/4 mark through the article did i again see you mention what the article started about. For that reason, i don't think it was really focused on what it set out to achieve, by the title and introduction. It goes on and on before finally delivering a conclusion that isn't related to what you talked about for over 1/2 of the article.

Furthermore, i do not believe you provide sufficient arguments to sustain your theory. Agreed, it does provide some high leveled content, which will undoubtedly change the landscape of runescape in terms of combat atleast; jagex themselves have indeed stated that this was intended to be a place where you used up what you trained above the surface of runescape; the 120 level also hints that it's, at least for the moment, the cream of the crop of the runescape skills, however, which jagex having put on the table the possibility that other skills might be raised over 99 aswell, i wouldn't be so sure anymore.

I think there might be some significant evidence to what you are trying to demonstrate in the article, however i feel it is not structured well enough, it does not deliver the motives that will hands down make you seriously take into account that it is indeed the last skill. What i see in it is a sum up of the new possibilities the skill opens, which might have been better organised to suit your arguments better.

Interesting wording nontetheless, tentative title, eye catching premise, yet it lacks. It sets itself a promising goal, but ultimately it seems to crumble at the hand of the big pressure that goal put upon it. It's quite neatly written, yet it could have been so much more coming from Stormrage :smile:

[/hide]

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Or in my own words, If you're not going to do a better job, use your words to say something constructive.

OT- In regards to Master_Smither's article

It constantly amazes me that people fall for such ridiculously stupid lures. Are these players predominantly younger kids, or is there at least some common factor at work here?

Nice article TS.

The major bugs article has been used twice now, i think they need more submissons

Um it's actually the third installment in an on-going article...hence the Part 3 in the title. Their only relation is the fact that they're bugs, other than that they're completely different in content. So, in essence, they could all be separate articles with separate titles. I could make Part 4 the end, but I don't think people want to read a 3200+ word article on some of the more serious bugs in RuneScape.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Hmm, some people shouldn't be allowed to reply with a tl;dr attitude tbh...

GuardKnox; I did not suggest the end of Runescape itself, I STATED that, once batch 2 is here, it is unlikely that RuneScape will ever see such a massive awesome update ever again...

mckinzy5: This is the 3rd installment, with a 4th on the way... Each one addressing different bugs...

And finally kamykazee: I like that you took the time to re-read the article and reach a totally different conclusion... I blame myself for adopting popular titles that could lead the below-average reader astray...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Nice article TS.

The major bugs article has been used twice now, i think they need more submissons

Um it's actually the third installment in an on-going article...hence the Part 3 in the title. Their only relation is the fact that they're bugs, other than that they're completely different in content. So, in essence, they could all be separate articles with separate titles. I could make Part 4 the end, but I don't think people want to read a 3200+ word article on some of the more serious bugs in RuneScape.

Honestly i would like to read that but maybe that's just me lol. Bugs like that fascinate me, so it's always interesting to hear what crazy things people come up with.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Or in my own words, If you're not going to do a better job, use your words to say something constructive.

I did try to make constructive comments about how i felt the article was. However i performed the big mistake of not reading it comprehensively, and you can bash me all you want for that. However, regardless of wheter its mistaken or not, it's an opinion i can give, hence the purpose of the thread we are posting on.

I blame myself for adopting popular titles that could lead the below-average reader astray...

I don't expect anyone to take my views on an article like they were the ultimate truth.Yes, I am below average because i don't write or read often but that doesn't mean i can't express an opinion, be it right or wrong, and i will correct it once i agree that it is out of place, as it was the situation now. I will get bashed by those who find out my mistakes for that, but that doesn't mean i won't carry on giving opinions to the utmost of my capabilities in terms of them being correct.

Final1.jpg

I should write one of those bug articles tbh...

To runescapw44:

Tainted Ones isn't one person, but a group.

The duel arena ft is actually the Duel Arena Cft

You could control it (your friend did it whenever you were ready), hence why it is a controlled force teleport.

You didn't mention the smuggle that used the tzhaar fight cave.

@poh glitch, no mention of stalls..

First article: I can totally relate to leaving the dailies to train dungeoneering, heh :P I think the overview of the rewards was decently done, if not perfectly.

I do have to say though that I really hope this isn't the last skill we get for a while. It took Jagex much longer to make a 30 minute quest (Fairy Tale Part 3) than to make something of this proportion; if part 2 comes out relatively soon, this will be doubly true. Hopefully they get out something even more epic - I, for one, trust that they can. And of course, we must wait for batch 2 to see if they really do pull out some of the more prominent figures in the storyline as bosses. Too early to tell which path they are taking.

I did find one error though:

True skill mastery is at level 120. Add the +1 bonus from the Skillcape to access floor 60,...

Floor 60 would be accessible at level 119 dungeoneering, following the current trend.

2496 Completionist

[quote name='j

True skill mastery is at level 120. Add the +1 bonus from the Skillcape to access floor 60,...

Floor 60 would be accessible at level 119 dungeoneering, following the current trend.

And considering that 99 skillcape gives +1 it would be accessible at 118. Tho you can get floor 61 at 120 (possibly 62 IF the true skill cape gives +3 not +1).

BTW Is there an evil stew that increases Dung ? // The answer - sadly no stew increases Dung (tested it myself ... strangely no stew increases Summoning .. and HP o.O ?)

And considering that 99 skillcape gives +1 it would be accessible at 118. Tho you can get floor 61 at 120 (possibly 62 IF the true skill cape gives +3 not +1).

BTW Is there an evil stew that increases Dung ? // The answer - sadly no stew increases Dung (tested it myself ... strangely no stew increases Summoning .. and HP o.O ?)

But the floors will stop at 60. And I'm not so sure that temporary boosts allow you to access higher floors.

2496 Completionist

I do not think that dungeoneering is like a end-game. I believe that dungeoneering gives the impression of an end-game by being almost complete. I think we will be lucky to see more than 2 more updates to dungeoneering(excluding bug fixes) Ever!

Nor do i think it will be the most massive update ever, think of all the hints for an eastern land, from the warrior's guild to port phasmatys. A hole new continent properly done with new trees/foods/monsters/weapons ect will be easily as big as dungeoneering!

On the topic of dungeoneering possibly being the last skill, i do not think it will be the last but i think it will be one of the last. Tailoring is the only new skill i can think of, i'm sure they will come up with one or two more but further than that all future skill updates will be updates to existing skills. But there are still a Lot of possibles there, for one they could make it possible to smith dragon by incersing the maxim mining and smithing levels to 120!

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

About the first article.............

Oh, god! A final boss of RS.

I definetly believe it............ It would have to be a final, climactic quest then. (Or at least, questing would have to benefit you).

Sadly, though, you couldn't take your time-tested real-RSworld weapons with you, and that doesn't make sense.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

About the dungeoneering article, I don't believe for a second it's the be-all-and-end-all of runescape. Also the part about accessing floor 60 or something with the +1 boost from dung cape, it's not possible as you can't take anything into the dungeon apart from the ring.

As a combat fanatic, I still do not see myself training dung other than using lamps, tears of guthix and penguin points on it. I will be interested in what these "reward dungeons" Jagex speak of in dung batch 2 will bring. It is the only hope I am holding onto for this "skill". The proof shall be in the pudding.

2vuhgcn.png

Bilrach can't be an endgame boss... We still need to fight Lucien.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nice article TS.

Are you joking? That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

First article: well written, little off topic, but.... I SURE AS HECK HOPE NOT :ohnoes: the END of runescape?!?!?!?!?! that would stink.....

second article:awesome. pure.... awesome.

Greecl: agreed, mister Eskimo steroid wrestler black guy thingy.

Lite191: =] lol

Greecl: this is going on my siggy on tippit.

lite191: actually im a ninja Eskimo wrestler on steroids with a godsword… on fire.

Greecl: eating a Klondike bar. =p

lite191: yes but it melted=[

Greecl: aw…wish you weren’t on fire now, huh?

lite191 :no.

lite191: Still freaking awesome.me

Greecl: or as Greecl would say… Frosted flakes are better!!!

lite191: agreed.

Nice articles. Concerning the end of Runescape, I have a feeling that if they don't release more skills beyond dungeoneering, all that is left is the removing of the 99 cap on all skills, as well as new monsters to fit the new combat lvls and new ressources to make use of the higher lvls.

I have a feeling this is possible and could be an easy to implement solution to decreasing membership (meaning drastic decreases and last ditch effort, not something I see in the next 2 years at least).

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I don't think Runescape will ever really die. I do believe that it will turn into some incarnation of a game that doesn't even remotely resemble the game that they started out with. This will be done under the guise of "growth" and what we will end up with will be the eventual decline of interest in the game.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.