The Degradation of PK Videos & Amore

Rose_2_Pure

PKing nowadays is for the most part glorified 76king. That's why no one gives a [cabbage].

I do. Blade is right. People don't Rune pk above edge for fun as much as for the loot.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I only know old school pkers.

Fear figments last lullaby was the only truly great pking video.

Hiei the pk's were okay, he was crazy good or lucky depending on how you look at it.

Used to have a pic somewhere of me smoking him 1 on 1 in castle wars somewhere. :-P

No idea who is good nowadays, i think pvp equips/claws kinda ruined it for me.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It's probably because PK videos were rather boring and repetitive. Nothing creative or all the entertaining about watching people fighting all the time. No story, plot, narrative, central theme, anything to keep you hooked.

Now, people have moved on to something a little more storyish and a little less, punchy-kicky.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Ohh the times when solo pking for average player was just a weekly/monthly enterprise at most. The times if you were not uberawesome at PK, you'd have to fall to RC pking. Ahh. Yeah, nowadays anyone can go out, spec a few times and depending on hits, run to safety or try and hit some more. Even if they die, "Heh, 400k, idfc". I loved those times. I remember making pures was incredibly fun, most people wouldn't get to PKing with it, but doing it, planning it (and drop trading to it =P) was fun. Nowadays.. a month at SW/PC and you can go PK :(

As for videos, the problem is all these new nifty programs and websites. Back in the day, before youtube got popular/existed, you'd want to make it perfect (and full of PK) the first time, since it'd take a while to re-do it. Back then watching 30 min pk videos for full runes, mystic sets, occasional whip or dharok helm was thrilling. Now.. as muggiWhplaR said, it's full of over spec-effected same thing. 10 minutes of sped up to maximum, dizzied out so you can barely see the pker, videos. Kids, calm down, you don't need them. I don't know about others, but I like to see the actual damage, chatter between players and the drop list.

Sad thing is, multi combat spots now are full of 1-itemers (in +1 worlds) that like to brown nose any team they see. :(

Profins.png

specty.png

That was one of the most fun times in my gaming history, was when I pked for 6 months, but it is gone now so we can't do anything about it.

:cry:

:unsure:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?