Slayer - Why do you like it?

All_Is_Great

Not training slayer till I max.. mainly because I am in a constant race with my brother to max out combat, and that I can do it focus everything on slayer, and a tad higher exp rates haha. I found it annoying that I would never have enough food to cover a task(before I had yip/uni) and any teleports to slayer places, silly things on my part due to my lazyness.

Wasted exp? Meh, don't really care considering my playing time and levels haha :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems foolish to me to not train it while you're training melee since it's intertwined with combat training. So training slayer when you want to gain melee levels just sounds easy and efficient to me, and I like easy and efficient.

Why I like Slayer:

-Grants access to new monsters as you train it

-Decent moneymaker

-Variety in training, training on rock crabs all the time is pretty boring

-Trains your combat skills as well as the skill itself

• 2 weeks later...

I like slayer because I get to kill cool beasties using the best equipment in the game, getting a 15% combat boost with the Full Slayer Helm.

Its great for training combat and making money. Plus, the Slayer cape is the coolest looking cape in the game.

Bigdad393.png

Just to be a jerk, what if slayer had monsters you could only kill using non-combat skills? Would you still like it?

Skill Based Slayer Monsters

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Its better than farming the skill or the mmorpg concept.

It gets annoying at times though.

I just got 99 yesterday after 5 years at it (where I was 85 in the first year) lol.

I won't be training it anymore I think.

I need to come up with a better way to get charms.

Slayer's biggest drawback is the lack of charms.

99 slayer should get you 99 summoning, so to me it seems pretty balanced.

It's like being a paid assassin, you kill, you loot, you get stronger, you cash in the rewards, you suddenly find that you're rich with maxed out skills and had fun on the way.

You change gear and target often, and you can use a cannon :D I love cannons, and getting exp, and money, and killing monsters, slayer is all of them combined and a skill icon.

Not really, you can also cannon, get exp, money, and kill monsters w/o slayer :mellow:

Nuke, I'm sorta split on your idea. Just don't think it'd go over very well with everyone haha.

Tbh, it seems like a clear majority enjoys slayer, though I still dont. Just went to get a new task and got 199 waterfiends <_<

Staurolite.png

Awesome way to get melees up without grinding them.

You get decent profit from it, and you get to right new monsters and stuff, might get a little repetitive, but you can be extremely fun, like...Do DKs for your Dagannoth Tasks, or do Chaos Tunnels Waterfiends for Waterfiend tasks :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Two reasons why slayer is good:

1. Unique monsters that are awesome (such as strykewyrms).

2. 15% boost that is awesome.

Slayer can also promote good habits by encouraging players to kill things like abby specs that have very profitable drops, and encourage variance by allowing players to efficiently kill things they wouldn't normally fight, such as gargoyles.

The reason slayer isn't the best at anything is because it combines the best of everything. You can always get fast charms by killing waterfiends, fast money by killing dragons or spectres, fast xp by killing...things with high HP and low defense. The thing with Slayer is that pretty much all of Kuradal's tasks have at least one or more of those qualities, except that you also get a 15% boost and slayer points on top. Because you're not doing just one of the three all the time, it's not the fastest for pure charms, pure xp, or pure cash. But as a whole it's probably the most efficient overall for all of them combined.