Monster Hunter

Seraphi

General Monster Hunter thread.

305004.monster-hunter-3-per-wii.not_so_big.jpg

Which game you think is best, which weapons you like using, which monster, all that stuff... But more importantly, Monster Hunter Tri online connection. Personally, I'd love to play MH3 online with some TIFers, so if possible I'll set aside some time to do so if anybody wants to.

I often use longsword or lance. Now anybody who plays monster hunter will be groaning and muttering "Easy Mode" under their breath, but hey, at least I'm not one of the people who goes online and then, at the first chance they see goes "LOL SEPHIROTH" and then does a spirit slash on their entire team as well as the monster.

I'm pretty surprised nobody has made a monster hunter thread as of yet, actually.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the first one. One of my favourite games ever. Just jamming in the pub online, getting to know almost all of the people that played.

It was a small crowd back then, and most people knew each other. Good times :)

Plus if capcom made a newer version for the PS3 they would instantly become my favourite people in the world ever.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Well frontier is coming to the Xbox sometime in the near/far future (Not entirely sure), and I'll pretty much be getting that as soon as I can. If they make the online as good as it is in Tri, it'll be pretty amazing.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, i have tri, and i love it to death.

My favourite weapons are the Great Swords: Combo's easily, good damage, not that slow. Currently using the Siegmund, but i switch to cataclysm blade, peco flint and voldier hammer (sp?) to adapt to situations.

Currently aiming to get full Jhen Mohran, armour looks awesome.

Surprisingly, i can't handle both longswords and lances, i find them unwieldy :?

And yes, i am often online, usually in valor 7 open servers.

Username "Demoli"

Going a bit on topic, am i the only one to think Lagiacrus is a wuss? I mean, it was the first monster i defeated without dieing once :lol:

Currently stuck on uragaan in single player.

Going a bit on topic, am i the only one to think Lagiacrus is a wuss? I mean, it was the first monster i defeated without dieing once :lol:

Currently stuck on uragaan in single player.

Lagiacrus is easy now, since I practised the hell out of killing it, but when I first fought it, I had a lot of trouble because UNDERWATER COMBAT SDFSGFSGG.

Lance has bad maneuverability as it is. Having the monster able to go below and above you does not help.

Also, I did some research into Frontier. It's been in Japan on the PC since 2007, they're getting it on the Xbox too, yet a western release is unnanounced. But of course, now that Tri has proven to be a huge success, they'd be stupid not to bring out Frontier over here in the Europe and the US as well.

And this is the reason I want frontier so badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqS4YypSjc

2Xeo5.png

Well, i nver liked spears that much, the greatswords best them in design, manouverability and power if you ask me :razz:

Might start doing more online in tri, since my exams are almost finished though.

Also, jay leno's a [bleep].

I've got Freedom Unite for PSP and Tri for wii.

But I just started on wii and I don't have much time to play it this month.

I'll get to it in july or august. :razz:

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

I've spent way too long just wandering around hunting in Moga forest, so I've just unlocked the Ceadeus quest as well.

Uragaan was actually pretty easy, I found. He may have a metric ton of HP, but he's so slow that it doesn't matter. Although that sleep gas attack he has is rather annoying.

Just finished upgrading all my weapons, so now I have Thunderclap+, A Smalt Crater, and some others. I'm thinking I'll use the Doris Spear for Caedeus though, since lances become cutting or impact weapons depending on which is more effective, and he gets damaged a fair amount by thunder.

If I really wanted to beat it quickly, I would go farm Rustshards from the volcano until I get one of those really awesome dragon weapons. In fact, I might just do that.

2Xeo5.png

Powermine the volcano for ages. Occasionally you get a "Rustshard", and you can identify it after the quest. It has a chance of being a rust weapon, which have epic dragon elemental power.

You should get a heckton of Adv. armour spheres along the way, as well. And charms. So very many charms.

2Xeo5.png

Speak of the devil, I was just doing some Uragaan hunts, and I got a rustshard from it. Turns out to be a Rusted greatsword.

Pity I don't use Greatswords -.-

I get an average of 1-2 rustshards per mining trip, and the occasional shard from volcano hunts.

Chance of it being a rusted weapon is fairly low. I'd say around 1 in 30.

2Xeo5.png

*greatly envies*

I see then, off to mine i go!

Also, I'm starting to hate those LS'ers, they go all like "AMG I?M SEPHIROTH" and spirit slash the entire team, this was specially annoyiing while fighting barioth.

I know how you feel. Being on a team with any more than 1 LSer is stupid. Especially considering that 90% have no clue how to do it properly, and then proceed to hit all of their team mates.

the 10% that do use it properly are really good though. They do a lot of damage and try their hardest to stay out of the way of the team.

Also, do you know where to get commendations? I need some to upgrade this rusted weapon.

2Xeo5.png

I remember getting one from a qcertain quest, try the arena, i think it was from it.

Also, charging lances and turtling lances are prety annoying too, one for constantly interrupting your combo's and another for contatnly doing nothing <.<

I'll check a bit on where to get commendations, wait a sec.

Aparently you can get some by completing delivery quests, namely eggs and powderstones.

Yeah, lances are either really really useless, or really powerful, depending on who is using it. Staying behind the shield all the time means that you get a horrible dps.

Thanks for that, I guess I'll go do the powderstone quest a few times.

2Xeo5.png

Agreed, the Ceadeus fight is awesome. One of the most awesome things I've seen in any game, in fact. I beat him yesterday with Thunderclap+, with like 3 minutes to spare.

I fixed up the rusted GS I got, so I have the Ancient Blade now, 720 raw, 330 dragon attack power. It's pretty badass.

2Xeo5.png

I've recently got to HR 31, being considered an Elite Hunter, it's pretty awesome to have an orange name, makes a perfect match with my position in TET :lol:

Deviljho is the most annoying thing ever, it appears out of nowhere and starts raping the entirre team if you are in a closed off area, it's increadibly cheap and annoying.

Right now i'm trying to get full Gobul+ armour and some ElderDragonBlood so i can make a Guan Dao and farm ceadeus, but Jhen just doesn't seem to drop it :@

Other than that is enjoying myself and completing that mini Jay Leno quest, i lol's hard :thumbsup: