Monster Hunter

Seraphi

Hm. Y'all piqued my interest, I think I'll go grab this game sometime soon :3

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unaware you could get shards from anything but mining :blink:

Congratulations though. I'm HR 17 now, but the urgent quest wont show up for some reason. I've done like 80% of the 1 and 2 star quests.

You can get shards by many other ways than mining, mining is just more effective:High rank capture missions usually net you one, delivering powderstones gives you a 25% Rust shard and 10% ancient shard and Uragaan and Agnaktor have them in their regular reward list.

Also, you need to do certain "key" missions in order to unlock the urgent quest. The 2star missions that you need to do are (according to wikia) Bug hunt, Flooded forest extremintion, Scene of the crime, The merchants mission and The butlers great baggi :thumbup:

Get it Sman, it's awesome :mrgreen:

In other news, yesterday i hnted a diablos in 6min with a couple of friends, so much fun :thumbup:

Ah, I haven't done the Great Baggi one, but that should be easy enough to solo anyway.

I got my Uragaan killing time down to 7 minutes almost exactly.

Monster Hunter : Not just a game, it's a form of art.

2Xeo5.png

Well, yesterday i decided to partake in that 15 min delivery event quest, where you need to deliver 9 eggs in 15 min. I found a good team where we did this: Tried to get feline lander on the food and be done in 4 min , then one would lure Rathian to area 2, 3 of us would cut his tail like no tomorrow and let her pin us down. This would generate a shiny that most would harvest a Tear. I once screwed up an egg (had to retrieve it) and we ninja'd Ian in 3 minutes (cut his tail and deliver the tears), ending the quest with 20 sec to spare.

So what did i get from this quests? Well, alongside a whole lot of cash (the rewards include untold proportion of silver and golden eggs) you also get Rust and Ancient shards whose quantities vary from 1 ancient-4 ancients and 3 rusts-10 rusts. In one trip, i got the max in both aaaaaaaand.... got 2 ancient items: Aquamatic longshot (i don't know the exact name, it was the frame of the ancient bowgun) and a WORN GREATSWORD OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG IGOT ANCIENT GS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now i need to grind for mroe lagia sapphires, since i wasted mine on Lagia wildfire and Epitaph blade <.<

Lucky bastard <_<

I finished the 2 star urgent quest now, so I can start on HR 18 and up. It's pretty good because now you get the meals which put you to near max health, which means no more max potion usage. That and I got 2 Lagia plates in one mission. One from the tail, and one from somewhere else which I thought was a scale at first.

2Xeo5.png

So hey, shards have been kind to me, i got another frame for the ancient bowgun (sold for 30kz), a Rusted Lance (now is in the stage before max) and a Ancient SnS, that thing has a HUGE dragon element bonus, higher than 700. Base attack is only 80~ though.

Other than that, got lucky with horns and lagia saphires and got my full Lagiacrus+ today, free elemetn is pretty win at the GS's.

Oh, and HR50, time for Alatreon :?

Killed Jhen twice today. First kill I got an Earth Dragongem, second kill I got elder dragon blood. Bearing in mind that those were my 4th and 5th kills, respectively.

I think we're both fairly lucky when it comes to monster hunter.

2Xeo5.png

I think you are the lucky one, for the past 5 hours i0ve been trying to find a good server to kill Alatreon, but everyone is either:

a) Low rank (46-50, no help at all)

b-)Elitist bastards with HR100+ who do this every single day and still don't let a single guy join them unless they are also HR80+

This is gona take a while...

Actually, now that you said that, I decided to look at some of the Alatreon rooms I saw (Can't enter, obviously, only rank 20), and you're right, I didn't see a single room that was in the 60-80 range.

Killed Uragaan and Barioth a few times today. Got a really bad hunter on a team who died three times on Uragaan, then tried to get me to do the quest again and started telling me that Uragaan was the most difficult monster and that he wasn't good with switch axes. He didn't try to change weapons.

PROTIP: IF YOU SUCK AT USING SWITCH AXES, DON'T USE THEM.

Some people...

But yeah, other than that, pretty regular stuff. I got a charm with +5 crit draw and a slot, which I guess would be cool if I used Greatswords :rolleyes:

2Xeo5.png

Yeah.. I'm now trying to get a Nardbosche (sp?) and full agnaktor+ set, simply because of the absurd affinity and element or the Barioth SnS and the good defencesw of the aganktor set.

I simply Can't GS Alatreon, that guy has attacks that bring to 15 miles away from you, and even if you reach him you only have like 1 hit with GS (not charged). That and the best GS for Ala is the mutilator blade with full Lagia+ (awaken), and since he has an attack similar to Rathalos taking flight, where he shoots a fireball at the same time, but Ala's fireball range is the size of a Rath, taking away 3/4 of my health ina single shot, procedding to charge my sorry carachter.

When i was doing a sleep bombing trip i realized SnS was much better for me, so i guess nardbosche should make the deal. Now to find a worthy team, aka, the biggest challenge :?

Seriously, i cant tell how many times I was in a room with me (HR50) and 2 other guys with hr 50-70, only to another enter with HR50-, select his urgent quest even though everyone else was on mine and refusing to leave. It's just plain annoying :unsure:

So far, I haven't had any trouble using lance against most monsters. The only one that was slightly annoying was Barioth, but now that I have it down, it's pretty easy.

Not sure how it will fare against the likes of Joe or Alatreon though.

Speaking of which:

1278106244028.gif

There's this thing going around on /v/, somebody started shopping Joe into random pictures.

Some of them are pretty funny.

2Xeo5.png

Tht happens a lot of time in tri, once were were fighting i think Uragaan, and he LITERALLY APPEARS FROM UNDER THE GROUND TO KILL AND EAT IT!

Found a god team yesterday, we were almost killing Alatreon before he combo'd three of us into the same area, bashing us again to complete a triple death. I had to leave after...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Killed the Camelios solo this time. damn bastard stole half my stuff. ;__;

Waiting on my friend, the next day hes free we're gunna no life it to get me the Nargacuga S stuff.

Popoto.~<3

Sounds fun.

Didn't get much time online today, so no missions or anything. I just restocked my honey supply. Sharpened fangs for the win.

Now I have enough mega potions to last forever.

And another picture from /v/:

1278106338688.jpg

2Xeo5.png

1278106338688.jpg

The moment Joe came out of nowhere I was like HOLY ****!!!

Also my character if you wanna add him:

Name: M Bison

ID: FE8DWA

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Oh yeah, i've never posted my hunter code: JFH1NT (i think it's this one, i'll check in a few hours)

I was this close to defeat alatreon yesterday, the bastard managed to combo 3 times a switch axer on my team (a good switchaxer), Right before he death charged him for the third time i clicked to eat Lifepowder, gues who was 2 seconds too late?

Also Gallade, what's your HR?

I'll get around to adding you guys at some point, as well as grabbing my own code.

Was in a team with a derp charger just now. So annoying. So very, very annoying.

We still finished the quest (Killed Uragaan), and after it died, I completely ignored the corpse and just started charging him so he couldn't carve it.

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR KNOCKING ME OVER EIGHT TIMES DURING THE HUNT WITH YOUR GODDAMN DERPCHARGE.

And yes, I realise that was not the most mature option available, but it's the only way to get through to some people. He didn't respond to yelling at him, so yeah. (He was english, he was talking before)

:wall:

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, some people just never learn. I tried today to handle my amber slash+ (Barioth SA+). Never gona touch that thing again, it's so unwieldy, upswings come out of nothing without any warning and the only way to do some solid damage is with the Sword mode, which is as slow as a GS (to walk), as fast as LS (in attack) and takes 5 friggin seconds to switch. Discharge is nice though. Also, it has permanent ESP in sword mode.

Another day wasted in attempts to kill Alatreon, I'm seriously giving up on this guy though.

Now 2 more things i wanted to say:

One, you cant add players unless they are also online, wich is a pain and a reason we should have a database of our regular schedules, usernames and Hunter codes.

Another, explain that sharpened fangs thingy? :3

Basically, do the Epioth and Ludroth quests and gather hydro hides. Two hidro hides gets you 5 sharpened fangs, and each sharpened fang gets you 5 honey.

Each Epioth you kill is worth around 15 honey.

2Xeo5.png

Current HR is 40 right now.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0