Monster Hunter

Seraphi

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two greatswords, you have lance.

Bloody hell this game loves to screw people over.

So anyway, I was killing Rathian with some other dude, and he got hit by the explosion attack and reduced to like 10%. Kept his bloody switch axe out and tried to continue attacking. By this point he had already died twice, Rathian charges, he dies, mission failed.

Then, we get back to the tavern, he CHOOSES THE SAME QUEST, and starts YELLING AT *ME* for not wanting to do it again.

2Xeo5.png

I might buy this, looks more promising than anything else nintendo has atm.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I might buy this, looks more promising than anything else nintendo has atm.

Galaxy 2 and No more Heroes 2 (if you are in a PAL region) are good options, but Monster Hunter Tri will give you more entertainment per buck than these 2 cases (Galaxy is debatable)

Also, Ross, are you an Elite Hunter yet? Iif not than you don't know how a rathian/rathalos fire breath hurts :lol:

I love Monster Hunter, it's one of the most under rated franchises, in the West at least.

I have Freedom Unite on the PSP, HR3, over 170 hours of play time.

The game has so many elements and features, it's one of the few games that's really complete and finished, there's so much content.

This is a shameless plug, but eh. I've noticed that there really isn't a popular MH forum like Tip.It for RuneScape etc, so I decided to make one, hopefully to bring everyone together.

If you're interested in MH, then join and be part of hopefully a good community soon enough. Just check my sig for the link.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is out soon, but I heard somewhere it won't be out in Britain/USA for years, perhaps. :(

spacescenev24.jpg

rggg.. want this game so basley. loved it when i tried it, and hopefully i get it soon.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Now I remember why I haven't bought any new wii games, cause I semi-bricked it and can't go online lolz.

Is this game worth paying to repair my wii over?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Nargacuga = [cabbage] on MHFU. Spent 5 hours killing it with a friend to get a brian stem to make the greatsword. He got 5, I got zero. I still need one for the sword, one for the armor + bit more stuff. ;____;

Popoto.~<3

I love Monster Hunter, it's one of the most under rated franchises, in the West at least.

I have Freedom Unite on the PSP, HR3, over 170 hours of play time.

The game has so many elements and features, it's one of the few games that's really complete and finished, there's so much content.

This is a shameless plug, but eh. I've noticed that there really isn't a popular MH forum like Tip.It for RuneScape etc, so I decided to make one, hopefully to bring everyone together.

If you're interested in MH, then join and be part of hopefully a good community soon enough. Just check my sig for the link.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is out soon, but I heard somewhere it won't be out in Britain/USA for years, perhaps. :(

Sure, why not. If it catches on, it could be pretty cool.

I love monster hunter because it never feels like a grind. Every single hunt is different.

rggg.. want this game so basley. loved it when i tried it, and hopefully i get it soon.

You shall indeed. Everybody needs Monster Hunter.

Now I remember why I haven't bought any new wii games, cause I semi-bricked it and can't go online lolz.

Yes. Yes yes yes a thousand times yes. I realise by now I'm beginning to sound like a zealot, but I really freaking love monster hunter.

Nargacuga = [cabbage] on MHFU. Spent 5 hours killing it with a friend to get a brian stem to make the greatsword. He got 5, I got zero. I still need one for the sword, one for the armor + bit more stuff. ;____;

Ouch, sounds annoying. I always try capturing a monster after not getting something from killing it a while.

It sometimes helps.

2Xeo5.png

I hardly ever capture monsters, lol. I usually end up using all my traps for setting up bombs, and I always forget tranq bombs anyway.

I fought a Kushala Daora a few days ago, it was easier than I remember it first time round. It still fled before I could kill it though. That's another great feature of the game. Realistic creature behaviour.

spacescenev24.jpg

I was sceptic going online for a while (i only went online when i was at the 5 star vilage quests) because of the wii's regular online issues and m y single player mentality: Online turns Tri into a completely different way and is BY FAR the best online experience of the wii.

Also, why do people cap monsters when they want a certain item? i though killing them was best :?

Also, why do people cap monsters when they want a certain item? i though killing them was best :?

I think it increases the chances of getting some items and decreases the chances of getting others.

Oh yeah, and Pyro, I signed up to that forum of yours.

2Xeo5.png

Oh yeah, and Pyro, I signed up to that forum of yours.

Awesome. I just need more people now. It's hard to do without blatent advertising, though no-one takes any notice of that anyway.

spacescenev24.jpg

High Level Volcano mining nets you millions, firecell stones are very common, and Firestones even more so! Ancient Shards, unless they wield a Rare weapon, sell for 9800z and rustshards for 2000~z

Completely upgraded my first 2 swords: Ancharius Sword and Lagia Wildfire :mrgreen:

Now to get full Lagiacrus+ for awakening :smile:

Also, pyro, i registred in that forum of yours and tried to Tidy up some things, hope you like it :thumbup:

High Level Volcano mining nets you millions, firecell stones are very common, and Firestones even more so! Ancient Shards, unless they wield a Rare weapon, sell for 9800z and rustshards for 2000~z

Completely upgraded my first 2 swords: Ancharius Sword and Lagia Wildfire :mrgreen:

Now to get full Lagiacrus+ for awakening :smile:

Also, pyro, i registred in that forum of yours and tried to Tidy up some things, hope you like it :thumbup:

:D Yeah that's great, thanks.

spacescenev24.jpg

You know whats annoying? People who upswing a lot.

I was hunting Rathian in the flooded forest, it went to the cliff area. I charged it when it fell over, and then somebody upswung in my direction, and I went flying off the cliff. They killed it before I could get back.

I want high level volcano mining for the charms more than anything. I got HR 17 now, so I'm nearly to the point where I can kill all the big monsters in multiplayer.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, hammers, GS' and SA's tend to upswing a lot, i tend to check my surroundings before i upswing, and i usually only use it at all on jho, douchablos and the raths, mainly for the tail cuts.

Also, one thing that annoys me to no end are SnS'ers who combo the hell out of you when the enemy is running towards you. I was once invincibility jumping out of the way of an Uragaan roll, a SnS'er didn't stop his combo and hit me and the animation stopped, making me take the full hit.

On another note: I got 2 Lagia Sapphires in a trip: one in a tail carve and another in the rewards section \:D/

I think we can safely say that the most annoying weapon is the longsword in the hands of anybody who isn't good at not hitting their own team though.

I mean, at least the upswing knocks people out of the way.

2Xeo5.png

I think we can safely say that the most annoying weapon is the longsword in the hands of anybody who isn't good at not hitting their own team though.

I mean, at least the upswing knocks people out of the way.

Totally, i once was on a team of 3 LS'ers (one of them was alright though) and one of them managed to tumble all of us into the Agnaktor's Laz0r.

Holy hell just got a rusted GS from a Lagiacrus capture mission :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now i need a rathian ruby to get the elder monument :?

Now off to get that ruby and full lagiacrus for big time hunting :thumbup:

I was unaware you could get shards from anything but mining :blink:

Congratulations though. I'm HR 17 now, but the urgent quest wont show up for some reason. I've done like 80% of the 1 and 2 star quests.

2Xeo5.png