Do you have O.C.E. disorder?

dark_ice

What, may you ask is OCE? Simply...the Obsessive Compulsive Examiner disorder. I've noticed that on my long road to 100 combat, full of training hours on end, I tend to examine alot of things. Not just once or twice, more like 50-100....of the exact same thing!

Take for example where I trained for most of my levels, the shadow warriors in legends guild. After training for a while I look at my message box and notice where Ive examined the shadow warriors, bones they dropped, and even the stalagmites, tens..sometimes even hundreds of times. Its like I do it absent-mindedly and then notice Im doing it, then continue to do it the whole time Im training :lol: I guess thats just a habit Ive grown into to help pass time or something, I dunno!

Anyone else have OCE? Or any other training habits you'd like to share? :D

supdarklinkel1.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHHHHH Yeah I have OCE alright. I examine everything i see, even though i've already examined it a billion times... I especially like examining heather, since their examines vary. It just ever so slightly breaks up the monotony of training or traveling :lol:

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

I do that when I'm bored. Doesn't neccesarily mean that I have OCD. Just means I'm very observant :P

No, no. Im not talking about ODDDD, Im talking about OCEEEEEE, the new disorder that I just discovered and am in the process of running a series of tests on to verify it :lol: :wink:

supdarklinkel1.jpg

I have serious OCE :/

Whenever I do something that takes time (training ranged at blue drags, for example) I start examining things like crazy :/ I must have examined blue drags at least 400 times in total :P

I feel your pain :(

ranger4life995ut.gif

hell yea.. no seriously I examine everything.. I'll examine lesser demons 3 or 4 times during the time it takes me to kill one, I'll examine the ashes, the fire runes, the giant bats, and try and examine the other people :cry: to find that is not an option.

You'd be happy in RSC, you could examine others at some point :P

ranger4life995ut.gif

I've just absent-mindedly made 27 examines in 10mins at lesser demons....yes im bored so I counted them :lol: Training has numbed my mind, so I just examine things often to keep my brain stimulated!

supdarklinkel1.jpg

ha!

Finally i found someone like me :P

Everywhere i go im examining something, been that way since i played on my first char :P

Once an examiner, always an examiner as i always say :)

I remember Runesmithie went through that phase...

He made a noob just to examine tutorial island...

I think his friends had to do an intervention to help him quit... Or something like that. :?

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I remember Runesmithie went through that phase...

He made a noob just to examine tutorial island...

I think his friends had to do an intervention to help him quit... Or something like that. :?

Rofl.....Yep, that'll be crazy ol Runesmithie :wink:

Oh my freaking gaaaawd... :shock: :shock: :shock:

^^ I second that.

For those who are interested, I think Smithie even wrote a program in VB.NET that could help him with detecting duplicates and the like, and converting the text into BBCode... o.O

vaporeon-sig.png

I think it's kind of scary that I made all the cabbagites scared when I did that >.>

They have competition for most repetitive task :D

I so remember that!!

I really do examine everything everywhere... Everytime before I pick a cabbage I examine it :P