Dragon Claws

Nomrombom

Go into FOG. Turn on Piety, put on strength boost armor, and use spec twice. Kill hunted.

Dragon claws are SO OVERPOWERED.

4 hits, the last three adding up to make the total hit twice the amount of the first hit? And then let that be a spec that only take FIFTY PERCENT of the spec bar?!

WTF?!

I have 71 defence, which isn't just a pushover thought it's somewhat low. And yet I find myself unable to use bandages as fast as I take damage, even with melee prayer on.

I could live with it if the spec was 100 percent, or 75 percent, or the hits were random, increasing the chance of less damage.

And then with me hating pures, half the people who use them are around 85 combat with like 85 strength and 60 attack. Their names are even stuff like "CLAW5PUR3" or "clawspecced156228795246592564875485655222113254879565."

I can deal with ancients, godswords, dark bows, and even runners. But dragon claws I simply can't STAND.

PVP, they need to be balanced. Sara and Arma godswords are both much higher price, and yet aren't even close to the KO power of the claws. Something like reducing the hits per spec to three, or making the spec be 75 or 100 percent usage. PVM, I don't [bleep]ing care, they can do whatever the hell they want with the spec on monsters. But PVP, it's an amazingly overpowered weapon.

PM me for fitocracy invite

L2tank sir

and don't fog bandages have no delay?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

your problem is defense. im 80 defense, with steel skin and excalibur spec (occasionally in tank gear) clawers have a very hard time hitting me unless theyre 85+ attack. however those with arma godswords can get cheap hits with only the miniumu, 75 attack.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

L2tank sir

and don't fog bandages have no delay?

Tanking claws is decidedly difficult, and yes they do have delay.

Try tanking them when you have no idea when there coming, rather then having a big arrow pointing it out. Yes, they are overpowered but not imposible to deal with.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

your problem is defense. im 80 defense, with steel skin and excalibur spec (occasionally in tank gear) clawers have a very hard time hitting me unless theyre 85+ attack. however those with arma godswords can get cheap hits with only the miniumu, 75 attack.

Claw speccers generally strike the claws with no warning as to when and switch attack styles often.

I also need the spec bar for seercull spec to drain their mage :mellow:

phoenix neck helps

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

A guy runs at you wielding claws. O I WONDER WHAT HE IS GONNA DO, BETTER PRAY MAGE AND SLAP ON HIDES.

Learn to hybrid armor and prayers, it'll help.

No.

He runs at you wearing void range, shoots you a few times, and as quick as a blink specs with dclaws with no time to react and little delay before second spec.

I only realize it when I see 4 hit splats. And then I eat like two or three bandages, and then get killed.

I know how to hybrid tank. I'm not [developmentally delayed].

A guy runs at you wielding claws. O I WONDER WHAT HE IS GONNA DO, BETTER PRAY MAGE AND SLAP ON HIDES.

Learn to hybrid armor and prayers, it'll help.

No.

He runs at you wearing void range, shoots you a few times, and as quick as a blink specs with dclaws with no time to react and little delay before second spec.

I only realize it when I see 4 hit splats. And then I eat like two or three bandages, and then get killed.

I know how to hybrid tank. I'm not [developmentally delayed].

So yeah, your instincts of the game and stats .... Why not FoG in f2p+?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Actually tanking claws in incredibly amusing. One time, I ran to the Edge, put on guthans, used the staff of light special, tanked one dragon claw special, teleported away from the other one. If your good, between houses and teleporting you can avoid the special.

Note that by avoid special, I mean he uses the special attack on you, but because you teleport/enter a house, the game doesn't register that someones attacking you. Watching a claw spec in the air can be amusing.

Also, there is such a thing in Fog called "Not standing in the centre like a sitting duck and waiting for the pures to pwn you, especially if you know they have claws"

My favorite person with claws SUCKED, mainly at finding me, and between me running away, teleporting and house hiding/teleporting, he didn't claw spec me till I had like 300hp and 900 charges. I had no food at that point either. At that point, I couldn't care less if he claw specs me.

I also got pwnt by a level 70-ish pure with claws in the center once. But, I guess that's what I get for underestimating him. I'd say over half (not that I keep track, I could be way off either way,) anyways, probably half the games I lose there are against pures that I underestimate and try to outtank. Unfortunately, tanking in the center favours pures - your defencive stats are severely reduced, so all that matters is how strong offensively you are. Being a relatively balanced player with 88 summon, a level 100 pure quite often has better offensive stats then me.

Incidently, the pure that pwned me was level 70. But the real reason I lose is because he was level 70, I underestimated him.

Plus, I somehow equipped my staff of light when I tried to switch armour to better tank his claws. Collected less tokens.

Anyways, long story short, don't tank in FoG. At least not till your 3/4ths dead anyways. And if you really need tokens, hit F2P.

Remember, FoG weakens your stats when your being hunted, specifically your defense.

Damn though. Next time I solo claws, I'm keeping em. Love to use em there lol

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yea i think they are a little OP. But really, its just a more consistent form of the DDS.

Consistency is key!

Claws= 8 Hits per bar, costs around 30-40m

DDS= 8 Hits per bar and 60's poison, (which is great for FOG) for a grand total of 30-40k , and also you get more freedom to choose when to spec considering DDS takes 1/4 of the bar.

Thats why ill always take a trusty DDS over claws any day :P

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Yea i think they are a little OP. But really, its just a more consistent form of the DDS.

Consistency is key!

DDS= 8 Hits per bar and 60's poison, (which is great for FOG) for a grand total of 30-40k , and also you get more freedom to choose when to spec considering DDS takes 1/4 of the bar.

Haha I use neither nowadays however, in a straight up dm....claws due to their hit speed will usally kill a ddser first.

Motley.png

Laugh at the untrim all you want, I'm still leaving with your face.

Consistency is key!

Claws are way more accurate than a DDS, even with a defender.

Claws are way more accurate than a DDS, even with a defender.

Thats why i said its a more consistent DDS.

They can both hit very, very high with a single special, but claws has a higher max hit and more consistent, while DDS is able to be used 4 times as opposed to 2.

O.O

Dunno what your on, Im 99 defence and w/ Torags + Piety claws still tear thru me by anyone with 90+ Atk/str. I personally think they're just a BIT too overpowered.

Popoto.~<3

Actually tanking claws in incredibly amusing. One time, I ran to the Edge, put on guthans, used the staff of light special, tanked one dragon claw special, teleported away from the other one. If your good, between houses and teleporting you can avoid the special.

Note that by avoid special, I mean he uses the special attack on you, but because you teleport/enter a house, the game doesn't register that someones attacking you. Watching a claw spec in the air can be amusing.

Also, there is such a thing in Fog called "Not standing in the centre like a sitting duck and waiting for the pures to pwn you, especially if you know they have claws"

My favorite person with claws SUCKED, mainly at finding me, and between me running away, teleporting and house hiding/teleporting, he didn't claw spec me till I had like 300hp and 900 charges. I had no food at that point either. At that point, I couldn't care less if he claw specs me.

I also got pwnt by a level 70-ish pure with claws in the center once. But, I guess that's what I get for underestimating him. I'd say over half (not that I keep track, I could be way off either way,) anyways, probably half the games I lose there are against pures that I underestimate and try to outtank. Unfortunately, tanking in the center favours pures - your defencive stats are severely reduced, so all that matters is how strong offensively you are. Being a relatively balanced player with 88 summon, a level 100 pure quite often has better offensive stats then me.

Incidently, the pure that pwned me was level 70. But the real reason I lose is because he was level 70, I underestimated him.

Plus, I somehow equipped my staff of light when I tried to switch armour to better tank his claws. Collected less tokens.

Anyways, long story short, don't tank in FoG. At least not till your 3/4ths dead anyways. And if you really need tokens, hit F2P.

Remember, FoG weakens your stats when your being hunted, specifically your defense.

Damn though. Next time I solo claws, I'm keeping em. Love to use em there lol

I thought you were talking about edgeville pking in that first paragraph haha.

To OP: Put melee protect on your quick prayer list, so you dont have to switch screens to activate it. Leave mage pray on before you see them, and when they start rushing at you, click the prayer icon to turn on protect from melee. Hope it helps.

Staurolite.png