Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High level [bleep]S thinking they're entitled to stealing worlds

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

If you are killing ghouls with no one else there, is it a competition? Is killing Blue Dragons for money in the Ogre Enclave a competition? How can it be? There's no one to compete against.

When someone else comes along and tries to steal your spot, you can bet your ass that theres competition.

And when that doesn't happen?

What about if you're mining alone?

Or cutting your own trees?

Or farming?

Or gathering music?
PM me for fitocracy invite

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

Or farming?

Or gathering music?

Then good for you! You dont have to complain about spot stealers anymore right?

Some parts of the game arent competitive, and thats fine.

No need to make the whole game non competitive, Infact, dont i recall you saying the game was catering to much for noobs? Don't you think removing spot stealing would also make it to easy? Or does your whole stance change now that youve gotten your spot stolen by a higher level?
O.O

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

If you are killing ghouls with no one else there, is it a competition? Is killing Blue Dragons for money in the Ogre Enclave a competition? How can it be? There's no one to compete against.

When someone else comes along and tries to steal your spot, you can bet your ass that theres competition.

Or farming?

Or gathering music?

It's your lucky day, obviously. That wasn't even a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
You know what I hate?
Low level [bleep]s that come to where I train in a non multi zone.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
Morningrise..... what?

I'm not rebutting anything, and all I'm saying is that I don't think RS is always competitive if you think about it....

I don't remember saying the game catered too much to noobs.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Morningrise..... what?

I'm not rebutting anything, and all I'm saying is that I don't think RS is always competitive if you think about it....

You're right, it's not always directly competitive. I'm glad you agree that it is competitive, though.

Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
Of course.... When you have to compete for a spot, obviously that's competitive, PVP, racing to goals, mining ores with other people etc.

Just saying that a lot of Runescape isn't competitive at all, contrary to popular belief.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Of course.... When you have to compete for a spot, obviously that's competitive, PVP, racing to goals, mining ores with other people etc.

Just saying that a lot of Runescape isn't competitive at all, contrary to popular belief.

Wrong. Very few aspects of Runescape are unrelated to competition in some way. Instanced areas and quests all eventually end or culminate in some advantage over another player. Court Cases are the only thing I can think of that offer no advantage over another player, but even then you have to compete with other players to get the summons.

Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Wrong. Very few aspects of Runescape are unrelated to competition in some way. Instanced areas and quests all eventually end or culminate in some advantage over another player. Court Cases are the only thing I can think of that offer no advantage over another player, but even then you have to compete with other players to get the summons.

But many things aren't competition in themselves, right? Like questing?

Sure, if you use them [quests] correctly they can give an advantage over another player [like ancients], but if you train solo and never PVP or do PVP minigames, how would they be considered competitively helpful?

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

Yes, alot of runescape isnt competitive, but a great deal of it is, and im afraid you have to deal with it. If you want no competitive, play a single player game. I know thats what i do when im sick of people steaing spots.

-Half the skills are competitive, or directly related to competitive skills
-Most popular minigames are competitive
-PVP is competitive
-Boss hunting is competitive
-Monster hunting is competitive

Really? You dont remember saying the game catered too much to noobs?

But in all seriousness, Jagex babies its players more than any game I've ever seen. Including CoD 4 and and MW2.

You think that?

Jagex is like a damn overprotective mother who listens to the younger child when they say *older sibling* did such and such!!!mommy!!!!!11!1!!!

Rant done.

Isnt this somewhat like a lower level (Younger child), who whines about the higher level (Older sibling) stealing there spot?
O.O

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

But many things aren't competition in themselves, right? Like questing?

Sure, if you use them [quests] correctly they can give an advantage over another player [like ancients], but if you train solo and never PVP or do PVP minigames, how would they be considered competitively helpful?

That's like saying that a car is just a big hunk of metal as long as you ignore all that complicated stuff. :rolleyes: Very few players are DIYers, and even they have to compete for training spots and resources. You have absolutely no argument anymore. You're just saying stuff hoping that it sounds enlightened and intelligent.

It doesn't.

Posted Image

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Just half kill them let him pick up the trash and swoop back in for the drop after you half kill another one.
When I hate the people around me I do this to them so they hop.
It works wonders at the dark beasts in kuradels place. :thumbsup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Too bad kuradals dungeon is single. Noobs don't understand that only 2 people can be at steel drags/blue drags, and I can't force them to hop...

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Too bad kuradals dungeon is single. Noobs don't understand that only 2 people can be at steel drags/blue drags, and I can't force them to hop...

Wind strikes. ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users