High level [bleep]S thinking they're entitled to stealing worlds

Nomrombom

@Nefalia

The burden is not placed upon the newcomer or the first person arrived. The burden is placed upon the person who can't stand getting crappy xp rates. If someone comes to the place I train and it slows me greatly, I'll deal with it by either trying to beat him or hopping. If I end up being the newcomer, I'll judge if it's worth hopping or not. I'll only hop at daganoths when there is another cannon already set-up. I'll try to scare away other players at dust devils when I feel I could get better kill rates.

Like all games, RS is competitive in many aspect rather than cooperative.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the way RS works, you get killstealed all the time at low levels then when you raise your combat you get to take your revenge on the world. I know damn well everyone who complains about this isn't going to hop worlds if they see a level 70 at kalphites when they reach max combat so not only do I killsteal, I do exactly that, I make little noobs lives miserable.

I won't hop, but nor would I steal their kills....theres enough damned Kalphites there. In all honesty, if one of us DID have to hop, good chance I'd hop myself. Honestly, theres enough damned bugs there.

Change this thread title to: Low level [bleep]s thinking they're entitled to their own private worlds.

You're a [bleep]ing moron. Kalphite workers are rarely populated enough for more than 3 hops AT MAXIMUM.

To anyone who said that why don't I hop:

If I was there first, why do I need to hop? It's like if there is a seat at some event and I get there first, some bigger person coming over and pushing me off the chair when there are plenty of other chairs unoccupied and with the same view.

I've encountered this in multiple places with multiple people and multiple monsters and combat levels. You know why stereotypes exist? Because extremely often, there IS A BASIS behind it whether you like it or not.

Yeah, and a lot of stereotypes are based on the 90/10 rules....

Deserve hard is't even a phrase.icon_e_wink.gif

But he's a higher level than you, so get stronger or gtfo.

So strongers players should be entitled to just kick lower cb players out? Because they've been playing for 2 months more? Yes.

Corrected.

The strong will survive (YOM DARWIN)

Actually, I think Darwin said those that respond/adapt best to change survive. In this case, responding to "change" is switching worlds >.>

Get the [bleep] out of my thread.

You're just making a fool of yourself.

Swearing at everyone who disagrees with you? You're as bad as the guy whom you criticise.

And this is a public forum. You don't possess any rights to force people out of "your" thread.

I said it in the same way as someone will tell another to go away when they don't have the power to force them away.

I'll swear at anyone who agrees with the mindset of the player indicated in my rant.

And I care so much about making a fool of myself, an internet forum where no one knows my real name, o noes they think ima fool they mite gets me.

Translation: I'm just as immature and whiney as they are. However, I swear more and I'm a lower level.

think about this higher levels if we lower levels cant get up our skills then there will be fewer high levels and eventually you will all get bored and the lower levels get so mad they quit and no ones playing runescape so uit gets shut down and all you high levels hard work was for nothing. so in the end ur the ones getting OWNED XD

.....I have no response to the absurd logic there.

I regularly crash noobs at KBD, bandos, etc. It's fun :thumbup:

than you are a noob failure when im high level im gonna be nice

Naw, pretty sure hopping isn't a realistic option at Bandos/KBD.

Note the quotation marks around bully.

AND OH MY GOD THE US JUST TIED. GOD DAMN IT.

Anyway, just because they have higher levels doesn't mean they have the right to barge into someone else's training.

And by them doing that, they make the game less fun for both me and them as I'm stealing some of their kills, they're stealing mine, and we're both insulting each other.

And sure, I could hop too, but the point is I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. That's the job of the person who got there late.

Honestly, I agree that he should have hopped, or at least not stolen your kills since it wasn't very crowded, but you need to be less arrogant. Just because you got there first doesn't give you the divine right to kill them without hopping - it really doesn't.

TL;DR

I think the guy who stole the OP spot should have hopped, but by swearing and INSISTING that it was his right to have that spot, the OP proved himself to be more immature then the crasher. Honestly, at the end of the day, get over it. If someone crashes you and forces you to hop, well, just hop. (Something I should remember next time I get crashed while bursting lobs. Although I can Ice Barrage them...also, I find most people at lobs tend to hop and not crash.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I had another Kalphite task and I hopped into a world, saw someone there, and said "gah" to express my frustration. To my delight and wonder, he said "don't hop, I'm almost done" and it was true. He left after about 5 more kills. I thanked him for telling me. That guy <3:

PM me for fitocracy invite

@Nefalia

The burden is not placed upon the newcomer or the first person arrived. The burden is placed upon the person who can't stand getting crappy xp rates. If someone comes to the place I train and it slows me greatly, I'll deal with it by either trying to beat him or hopping. If I end up being the newcomer, I'll judge if it's worth hopping or not. I'll only hop at daganoths when there is another cannon already set-up. I'll try to scare away other players at dust devils when I feel I could get better kill rates.

Like all games, RS is competitive in many aspect rather than cooperative.

In my experience, Runescape can be both. However, it usually depends upon the attitude of the players. If there are enough resources to share in the area then there is no reason to not try to share. Going after the kalphite workers already under attack shows the inability to cooperate in an environment that allows for it. Resources are limited in Runescape, and players will often find themselves competing for them. How they do so reveals much about their character and maturity.

Fortunately, most Scapers I have come across are willing to try to share when feasible, and show a better attitude than I am currently seeing on these forums.

I hate [bleep]ing crazy noobs who like to troll people intentionally. But they're just a part of RS and if you ignore them they usually go away.

Otherwise it's get bigger or get lost and find an empty world. I'm mid-leveled. I'm 127 with low herblore and melees not even close to maxed. Am I going to crash a level 95 at warped tortoises? Hell yes. Am I going to hop when a chaotic rapier 138 comes to my spot at dust devils with a steel titan? Yes.

/thread.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Of course, this is Runescape, in which it appears high leveled players have a free pass to act like utter [wagon] and will have the moral support of the majority at these forums.

All I can say to that is: :thumbsup:

100% correct! :thumbup:

Please, don't pretend you're high leveled or have any moral support on these forums.

Of course, this is Runescape, in which it appears high leveled players have a free pass to act like utter [wagon] and will have the moral support of the majority at these forums.

All I can say to that is: :thumbsup:

100% correct! :thumbup:

I'm glad you enjoy the disfunctional social atmosphere of the Runescape community. =D>

The same thing happens to my lower level clan mates on occasion. We solve this by sending in most of the captains and generals to form a mass kalphite worker killing spree complete with dwarf cannons. They hop, we leave. Why? Because no one messes with the Funk, and we are extremely territorial of our home world. And because it humors me, which is probably the main reason we do it.

LOL <333 I laugh just imagining it.

|| ex-LGZ High Council || ex-T0 Member || ex-LND Member||

puritysig3.png

^ click ^ Proud Divine Knights Clan MW2 Member. Wanna get wrecked? ^ click ^

It's not only high levels crashing low levels, i have had twice now in a days time of being crashed by a clearly inferior 138 at nech/fire giants. I really can't understand a guy with yak/whip crashing me with rapier/steel titan. Since they are clearly losing the battle of dps they are the ones losing out on most of the xp, while i can sometimes get even better xp.

rapier steel titan ftw :))

anyway i hop if someone is killing and clearly knows what they are doing but at firegiants....im not going to hop to a 110 in guthans w/ bunyip

in the chaos tunnels you really need most of the spawns with rapier extremes turmoils and titans ;o

StarViv.png

To me it simply shows ignorance when someone jumps in on a spot as it slows down the xp for both parties and is it really that hard to find an empty world for most tasks? I don't believe the combat level of either player should matter much as just because someone has logged more hours doesn't make them any better of a player or person persay.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

If I'm trbrid dking with cannon, I'm not gonna hop for some solo mage in guthans and bunyip using slayer dart. I am using the spawns more efficiently, and therefore it is to my advantage to crash. Every boss but zammy is always full nowadays so you need to get better stats or don't bother. If I don't crash you someone else will, better to learn your lesson early.

What does it matter what they're using? Why do you feel you're better then anyone else and what happened to respecting other people?

this is the internet, nobody you don't know gets any respect.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

What does it matter what they're using? Why do you feel you're better then anyone else and what happened to respecting other people?

this is the internet, nobody you don't know gets any respect.

The situation has only gotten worse.

This can be applied to not only combat, but also such skills as Woodcutting, Hunter, Mining, and in some cases, Ranged and Magic.

Unfortunately the Internet is fair game and every day thousands of people are harassed that really don't deserve it.

The community in Runescape is horrible because of this feel for competition, and that applies to the MMORPG genre in general. Levels to me determine nothing, attitude determines everything. I've had level 3s and level 138s insult me, whether it be competition for spots, something I said, or just for the heck of it.

As the game gets older I believe it will only get worse. I appreciate those who try their best to play a fair game. From what I see daily is egoism and testosterone at it's worst. Just a bunch of random people who feel they need to bring pain to others to get what they want.

I've had more than enough experiences of being crashed and burned to write an entire short story on it.

To me it simply shows ignorance when someone jumps in on a spot as it slows down the xp for both parties and is it really that hard to find an empty world for most tasks? I don't believe the combat level of either player should matter much as just because someone has logged more hours doesn't make them any better of a player or person persay.

Similarly, how does someone logging into a spot a few minutes earlier make them any more deserving of the spot than someone else? There is no first-come-first -serve basis here, unlike in queues and such when people have already agreed upon that.

Similarly, how does someone logging into a spot a few minutes earlier make them any more deserving of the spot than someone else? There is no first-come-first -serve basis here, unlike in queues and such when people have already agreed upon that.

Can you imagine.... OK, it will never happen, but try to imagine.... an RS where people DIDN'T STEAL SPOTS. Where they HOPPED every single time. And you might not like the hopping, but once you found an open spot, you KNEW that it was yours until you left it. Wouldn't everyone be much happier? No flaming? No spot stealing xp reducing crap?

It'd do, quelmotz. It'd do.

Can you imagine.... OK, it will never happen, but try to imagine.... an RS where people DIDN'T STEAL SPOTS. Where they HOPPED every single time. And you might not like the hopping, but once you found an open spot, you KNEW that it was yours until you left it. Wouldn't everyone be much happier? No flaming? No spot stealing xp reducing crap?

No it wouldnt, theres simply not enough worlds to make everyone happy.

Not only that, with 100 worlds to choose from, even if there WERE enough worlds, it would often take so long to find the spot that by the time you found it you would have stopped playing anyway.

Places like yews, coal, green dragons, blue dragons, fleshies, lessers, avansies, iron, it just wouldnt work.

And then theres those level 30's who think it would be cool to range a blue dragon, even though each one takes like 5000000 hours to kill. Should those noobs really zero off a whole world just because they are to stupid to hunt somewhere better?

O.O

Jagex has slightly more than 150 worlds now. Even if we round it up to 200, don't tell me that 200 spots for the WHOLE RuneScape population is enough, especially at peak hours. Even if we triple or quadruple that to account for multiple spots within an area, that's still ridiculous compared to the demand.

Would everyone be much happier? No, I'm sorry - everyone would be feeling frustrated for having to switch worlds for hours on end whereas a lucky guy gets an empty spot on his first or second try.

If I was there first, why do I need to hop?

Because you are the one losing kills, not him.

Get the [bleep] out of my thread.

You're just making a fool of yourself.

Swearing at everyone who disagrees with you? You're as bad as the guy whom you criticise.

And this is a public forum. You don't possess any rights to force people out of "your" thread.

I said it in the same way as someone will tell another to go away when they don't have the power to force them away.

I'll swear at anyone who agrees with the mindset of the player indicated in my rant.

And I care so much about making a fool of myself, an internet forum where no one knows my real name, o noes they think ima fool they mite gets me.

and you expect the kill stealing player to care about what you think of him? I lol'd

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

If I was there first, why do I need to hop?

Because you are the one losing kills, not him.

lolno

First come first serve, no bullying people, unless it's a spot that's highly populated on all worlds (green dragons, blue dragons in taverley)