Benjiii (LostTheGamee) - 10 Hp Pure

What's the point of an account like this?

This question bugs me every time I see it, so I just have to barge into Benjii's blog to answer it. The point of an account like this, for me, anyway, is to get enjoyment out of taking the tools that Jagex gives us and using them to make something interesting. A good pure is like a work of art - it takes creativity and perseverance to make, but the work pays itself off when you can step back and see that you're making something special. Also, while playing a pure, you're likely to face many unusual and difficult problems, but because the problems are unusual, they're interesting to work on, and because they're difficult, they're all the more satisfying when you beat them.

Now, let me turn that question right around. What's the point of playing a "regular" account? Runescape is a very easy game to play. It's designed so that you can essentially just coast through nearly all of its content, without ever testing your control skills or your ability to solve problems. People who play regular accounts rarely face any real challenges, so they miss out on the satisfaction you get from achieving something difficult. Also, there's nothing distinctive about these accounts, so the people who play them miss out on the enjoyment that you can get from making something that's interesting and special. So again, what's the point of playing a "normal" account? Why bother? :mellow:

(Before I get my own set of angry responses, let me just add that I don't believe that playing a "regular" account is pointless. I'm just saying: you can't argue that regular accounts somehow have more of a "point" than pures do.)

Anyways, amazing work, Benjii. =D>

kindness.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some really big and hard goals. But you have already come a bit on the way and you seem to be serious (Your blog is beautifully designed by the way).

Keep it going and good luck. Being a pure is not always easy but I think you will be able to do this :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You have some really big and hard goals. But you have already come a bit on the way and you seem to be serious (Your blog is beautifully designed by the way).

Keep it going and good luck. Being a pure is not always easy but I think you will be able to do this :)

<333333333333333333333333333

Anyway - I've had flu for the past 2 days, havn't been bothered to actually scape. I got 99 cook :)!

100705160811.png

100705160800.png

Anyway. I'm just slowly fishing sharks whilst unbearbley ill ._.

Congrats mate

Fletch nao <3:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

New signature, for my latest stats :P

Kinda recovering from the flu, Rs just makes my headache alot worse. I got my appetite back earlier, tell you now, I found the cure for the flu!

The Jeremy Kyle show! :>

In other news:

Added a few new things to my "Past achivment's"

Got 26 Fletching, working slowly on 99, 'cause Gremmy told me too, <3:

Fished some sharkies to slowly make some cash,

Added my goal of getting 70 Woodcutt, 52/70 Atm ^^

100708135946l.png100708135941a.png

100708195021.png

So, after a while of Woodcutting, 'cause, I generally hate this skill. I've been sleeping my flu off, talking on IRC, and watching TV. I was speaking to Dzi and out of the blue he said "Benjii, how will ww3 happen?" Been the such of a story writer, I thought I might aswell tell him it'll work.

<@Benjii> Well, Dzi. This is how it'll play-out.

It'll all start with a message on MSN

"*CHINA*(BROSKI WERE RUNNIN DA WORLD) . Yo America! heard your still ownin us like 8m dollars? ever gunna pay it up u skankss!

*AMERICA* Sorry, i'm away at the moment. Reason: Currently occuping Iraq & Afghanistan for oil, we'll be about 9 years.

*CHINA*(BROSKI WERE RUNNIN DA WORLD) . You know what America? You're not payin' up are you? Here, tell me how this feels?

5 Minutes later -BOOM- America is hit with 5 nukes, causing mass death and destruction. During theese 5 minutes, America new it wouldn't have much longer to be around and said "Screw it, we don't need oil lets just nuke `em" and sent 91 Nuclear war heads at iraq, afghan, iran and all the other countrys around that area. Russia now notcing the nuclear war going on right across the globe started raging. Wondering why they wern't the first to fire a nuclear warhead at America. This is when everything gets serious...

Russia starts raging and gets it's nukes armed, getting angrier and angrier, they nuke the moon. Just to annoy America (Not knowing that America no-longer exsists) All the other countrys in the world are leik "DUDE WTF. HOW AM I GUNNA SCAPE?" Slowly heaven starts getting fuller and fuller (Agreeing that in my story heaven does actually exsist) At this point, you my also realise my story has no sense whatso ever. And I shouldn't carry on, so i'll end it with everyone realising that Benjii's a horrible story writer, and just got 55 Woodcutt because he's pro.

That is how WW3 will play out! (:

nice goals you have there!

I love to see a 10 hp account! :D

how do you train your ranged? on a dummie or what?

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

100711162111.png

Sorry I havn't posted. Tip.it doesn't work on my normal desktop, my laptop charger went missing... Found it in the bathroom. Ask no questions have no truth. I don't wanna know how it got there, and I honestly don't care. :P So I~ got 70 wc, and now beyond. :-) Thinking about 99 :P

99 Woodcutt time!

So, my plan is too get 99 Woodcutt, using Dragon axe - Strung rabbit foot. I'm going to be using ivy ('cause yews just take too long) I'm not going to open a single nest till 99, to see how much profit i'll actually of made off 99, comparing it too 99 off Yews, (Obviously it'll be alot less, but meh :P Still a better skillcape then Fletching :P) I'm guessing it'll roughly take me 2-3 Weeks. Which, I can live with. Even tho i'm moving to cyprus in little under 3 weeks. ._. No scape for ages! D: Well, we should be getting internet at our house over there asap, but I don't know.

Well, i'll be setting myself objectives in little phrases. Such as 70-80, 80-85, 85-90, 90-94, 94-99. Because if I set it as just get 99, i'll get bored of it and just quit :P

Cheers for reading and everyone who's supporting my goals. <33

99 Woodcutting seems to extremely boring to me. I understand why you say that you will make small goals on the road to the wc skillcape. At least it will go faster with ivy than with yews.

Good luck with your goal :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Cheers for the support guys, I havn't really done much work on Runescape latley, due to this flu. Havn't really been bothered to do much, ordered the Rocky saga, and watched them, intresting day :P Worked abit on my 20 Def pure, but havn't actually had the energy to do anything. Hopefully, once i'm fit and ell, i'll be scapin like I never scaped before. ;D

<33333333333

Updated some stuff on first post.

I'm also gunna post a few levels from my 20 Defence pure alongside my 10hp(<333333333333333) Just to show how that's coming along, even tho it'll run outof membs soon, then might just leave it f2p for abit.

very clean blog,nice job and gratz and gl on future goals

cheers man, clean is good (Clean is goood, repeats over and over to one's self) I have a slight sence of OCD. Everything has to be even, everything has to be neat and arranged, else it' badgers me. :P If it's not clean it's not good, as my motto so humbly goes. Cheers for the support.

Alright, tip.iters that actually read this blog - Been on my 20 def pure mostly now, just wanted to do some combat. :P Got 21 def by accident -.- 70-89-21 atm, bought ss for str training,

But, I must ask this - What's a good way to make junk, reasonabley fast... My minds completley baffled on how to do this...