Magic is overpowered

howbadisbad

I think miasmic spells are the real reason magic destroys everything else. If the effect were changed so that it doesn't affect ranged weapons, it'd be a lot more balanced, IMO.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic does not own range at all. Maybe you were saying that in the videos magic was hitting higher and more consistent than his range? That doesn’t mean its better, it means that either:

a- the combat triangle actually works because mage SHOULD do better vs. melee armour than range

b- maxed mage + a necklace that takes hours to get actually gives you an advantage over people with worse gear

If an equally matched ranger and mage fight the ranger will win guaranteed. Even if the ranger is slightly lower in levels/gear he will probably win.

And as to people saying that range is underpowered compared to mage? How come rangers can use melee gear to tank and still hit consistently but if a mage does that he splashes? How come a mage has to risk millions to hit into the 40’s where as a ranger can risk less than 200k and hit 50’s (d-bolts)? How come the max hit with mage is only in the 50’s but range can hit a 98 (d bow spec)? How come nobody pk’s with only mage yet plenty of people pk with only range?

Its because Mage isn’t overpowered, and range isn’t underpowered (IMO its overpowered). And FYI these videos you watched are of incredible pkers using their best clips- not the ones where they splash like crazy and the guy runs away. Its like saying “OMG cave horrors are OP because you can make millions off them” after watching a black mask drop video showing 50+ drops. What about the thousands of other worthless drops?

Soldin_911.png

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

His stats: 99 hp, 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 prayer

my stats: 98 hp, 87 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 70 prayer

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

What spell were you using, what ammo was he using? Sorry to say, if you were both using the best you could, I find this INCREDIBLY hard to believe

miasmic barrage + phoenix necklace = unstoppable. even dragonfire bolts were useless :)

Did he try using Morigan against your Miasmic? You can hardly call it fair when one person is using Pvp items and the other isn't.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, A maxed ranger will own a maxed mage every time, even if the mage tries to spell stack. Woopity, mages can hit 400+ now, really not a big deal, considering range can hit 700+ and even more with specials. The dps is NEAR what it should be, but it's not OP. So again, stop complaining, and don't say I don't know anything when you clearly don't know who I am.

I love noobs who have no idea what they are talking about. Range can hit 700+? LMFAO! The only weapon that hits that high in range's arsenal is the dark bow, which is also incredibly inaccurate. You obviously have never pvped in your life good sir.

1. Spells can't stack anymore.

2. Range owns mage every time?

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

His stats: 99 hp, 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 prayer

my stats: 98 hp, 87 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 70 prayer

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

3. I know who you are, you are a forum troll uneducated in the ways of pvp trying to get post count. Thanks for the bumps though.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Bringing some science(well, sort of) into the mix, mage slaying vs. melee slaying- CR with extremes/turmoil achieves 35k slayer xp an hour at kurdal dungeon, with a max hit of ~640 while magic(fire blast) with ovl/leech mage achieves 40k slayer xp an hour on ice strykewyrms with a max hit of 1106. Do remember that it's 2X + 40 damage with magic for that and + 40 damage for melee. Doesn't seem too overpoweed in terms of dps with that.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Bringing some science(well, sort of) into the mix, mage slaying vs. melee slaying- CR with extremes/turmoil achieves 35k slayer xp an hour at kurdal dungeon, with a max hit of ~640 while magic(fire blast) with ovl/leech mage achieves 40k slayer xp an hour on ice strykewyrms with a max hit of 1106. Do remember that it's 2X + 40 damage with magic for that and + 40 damage for melee. Doesn't seem too overpoweed in terms of dps with that.

This thread is about pvp.

<_<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

<_<

Oh sorry, I obviously forgot DPS doesn't matter in pvp.

<_<

Oh sorry, I obviously forgot DPS doesn't matter in pvp.

It does in safe pvp and deep wildy <_<

arcane_stew.png

Well atleast now you have some figures on how useful magic with SOL+ABN(not too hard to figure out i hope) can be. Assuming i'd have used ice barrage and not gotten the 2x damage increase it'd be around 22k vs. 35k DPS for the respectful classes. Unusable pots add about an equal amount of combat power over what would be used in pvp.

Well atleast now you have some figures on how useful magic with SOL+ABN(not too hard to figure out i hope) can be. Assuming i'd have used ice barrage and not gotten the 2x damage increase it'd be around 22k vs. 35k DPS for the respectful classes. Unusable pots add about an equal amount of combat power over what would be used in pvp.

Since pvm is much different than pvp I would say that I don't really have an figures tbh. <_<

arcane_stew.png

Since pvm is much different than pvp I would say that I don't really have an figures tbh. <_<

Says a guy who posted hybrid videos of how overpowered magic is...yeah. Those figures roughly respond to the respectful combat classes combat ability(against the class that is weak to them, mind) minus the special spell effects for magic.

Says a guy who posted hybrid videos of how overpowered magic is...yeah. Those figures roughly respond to the respectful combat classes combat ability(against the class that is weak to them, mind) minus the special spell effects for magic.

Combat must always be evaluated on the highest metagame.

L2pvp

arcane_stew.png

So what you are actually saying is that 100m risk,super clicking ability and magic+ranged combo is overpowered... Dam, they must nerf that right now.

So what you are actually saying is that 100m risk,super clicking ability and magic+ranged combo is overpowered... Dam, they must nerf that right now.

Metagame is skill. not gears.

The only things magic needs to be overpowered with are Zstaff and arcane stream.

arcane_stew.png

The only things magic needs to be overpowered with are Zstaff and arcane stream.

And yet you didn't show that. You showed a Hybrid video.

Let me be blunt: you CAN NOT call an attack style overpowered when it is not the only style used. One on one, in maxed gear for each side, Range will beat magic. Period. Add in another attack style and you go into another tier.

Take that B+ avatar down. You shame us all. You don't even know what a "Metagame" is.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Let me be blunt: you CAN NOT call an attack style overpowered when it is not the only style used. One on one, in maxed gear for each side, Range will beat magic. Period. Add in another attack style and you go into another tier.

Take that B+ avatar down. You shame us all. You don't even know what a "Metagame" is.

In alot fo the clips magic IS THE ONLY STYLE USED!

I never claimed the whole video was just magic I just showed it because it gave a good example.

You do realize I have had this avatar since B+ came out (I quit playing brawl a while ago tbh) and I have just never removed it because I am lazy.

arcane_stew.png

I never claimed the whole video was just magic I just showed it because it gave a good example.

You do realize I have had this avatar since B+ came out (I quit playing brawl a while ago tbh) and I have just never removed it because I am lazy.

A good example? Most of them were Melee. Hurr Durr.

Also, good job at ignoring the entire second part of my post. So, here:

tl;dr - Magic is not OP.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

tl;dr - Magic is not OP.

Since muggie already posted that he dmed a ranger (who had multiple advantages) and still won I would have expected you to read the thread before you posted, but people don't do that these days do they?

tl;dr - Lots of people troll this thread.

arcane_stew.png

tl;dr - Magic is not OP.

Since muggie already posted that he dmed a ranger (who had multiple advantages) and still won I would have expected you to read the thread before you posted, but people don't do that these days do they?

I read the thread and I took that into account. I also took into account that that was 1 instance and the gear involved.

It seems like you created this thread to troll people who post any sort of feedback.

bc8ebae3b0.png

tl;dr - Magic is not OP.

I read the thread and I took that into account. I also took into account that that was 1 instance and the gear involved.

It seems like you created this thread to troll people who post any sort of feedback.

1 instance with mage being the victor every time even disadvantaged in multiple ways, while the gear was not posted is better than your claim that range destroys mage while you have nothing backing up your assumptions.

arcane_stew.png

I don't understand why people keep complaining about a certain style being "overpowered"; in a PvP situation, you should be hybriding anyway.

Only because of protection prayers, assuming there are no protection prayers magic is the best because of

1. it's spell effects

2. Highest dps and accuracy

Safe pvp is more likely for protect prayers to be off though.

arcane_stew.png

tl;dr - Magic is not OP.

1 instance with mage being the victor every time even disadvantaged in multiple ways, while the gear was not posted is better than your claim that range destroys mage while you have nothing backing up your assumptions.

My Armadyl, Crossbow, and etc. gear back up my claims. If anyone would like to 1 on 1 me, fine. I'll happly go along with it.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Muggi has always been a defender of magic... Also, according to him, zuriels > dragon bolts, but, should we at all be comparing zuriels to dragon bolts? If we want any kind of a fair fight the ranger should at least be using onyx bolts and morrigan javelins/throwaxes and what not. Also i'm in serious doubt if a zuriels mage can cast much on a spectral/armadyl ranger while getting blasted by javelin damage, poison and 60s from onyx, even at half speed. Do remember that a maxed ranger has good defence against all other combat classes while a mage would get blasted by melee in close combat and ranged at any combat.