Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

Upon the commencement of hostilities between the Empires of Europe, trade has mysterious slowed down, while an omnicient force is doing a two day calculation for the results of the great war.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to set the wooooorld ooooon fiiiirrre

I just want to see it burn...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

1772_1273035995452.jpg

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Update tonight?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Update tonight?

Nope. This is going to be a rather complicated update, and I want to get it mostly right. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Agreed O_O.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Mmm... Wonder who will prevail.

Offtopic, but I was kind of shocked at it:

I heard the pirates of the caribbean theme come on, looked at which track it was, and apparently TSFH did a remake of it. Or the original, which would be pretty kickass, but I think it's a remake.

2Xeo5.png

Can't wait for the 4th movie :), though that band has a lot of free time.

Not a bad band though ><.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Offtopic, but I was kind of shocked at it:

I heard the pirates of the caribbean theme come on, looked at which track it was, and apparently TSFH did a remake of it. Or the original, which would be pretty kickass, but I think it's a remake.

What likely happened is that they were commissioned to produce an interpretation of the theme (as with a bunch of other trailer music/movie music companies), but their version wasn't actually picked for the final cut.

I assume you're talking about Norwegian Pirate?

Can't wait for the 4th movie :), though that band has a lot of free time.

Not a bad band though ><.

It's a company that makes music for trailers.

See:

Two Steps From Hell

Immediate Music

Brand X Music

PP Music

X Ray Dog

Auracle Music

Veigar

Epic Score

etc, etc

Well I'll be damned. XD

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I'm still going to watch it.

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the few series' which has not plummeted in quality when a sequel is released. I'm really hoping they can manage not to screw it up now, since they've done so well thus far.

2Xeo5.png

Will and Elizabeth annoyed me a little bit, Sparrow is where it's at.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the few series' which has not plummeted in quality when a sequel is released. I'm really hoping they can manage not to screw it up now, since they've done so well thus far.

I assume by your statement there that you have not seen the 3rd movie?

The 3rd movie recieved a lot of flak, but I honestly enjoyed watching it. It is brilliant in comparison to most movies out there, but I think that since many people didn't think it was as good as the first two, it's bad points were exaggerated more than they should have been.

2Xeo5.png

Its brilliant in comparison because films nowadays are totally terrible as a standard. They are filled to terrible humour and are either designed to be watched 5000 times as a DVD or they are designed to be watched once as a Cinama experiance.

Twilight 3 being the ultimate example of the latter, since it was so filled with the one time gags that are funny the first time but the second time you just want to skip over.

It was, however, far better than Twilight 2...though that is alot like saying death by electrocution is better than death by disembowelment....they are both terrible things in themselves, you just suffer a little less.

The other films are more like an unfunny sketech show, isolated little scenes which rarely have anything to do with the main story, as such they can be watched over and over because the scenes are unrelated to the story so you arn't constantly reminded that the butler did it by the numerous clues they place throughout the film.

However most of these sketechs are dull and uninteresting....

An example of a good film like that would be Monty Python and the Holy Grail...since even though the story rarely moved forward, the content kept you entertained.

An example of a bad film like that would be just about every american film made after 1990...seriously, High School Musical(Apparently, I can't stand that damned rubbish for more than a minute), Step Up and their sequals all follow the same principle....There is an event, there is alot of filler, there is another event, the end.

You could have easily made it into one episode of a rubbish tv program.

Though, if I am honest, TV is faring just as badly...

What they really need to do is fire the CGI and Special Effects people, use the money they save to buy some Plaster of Paris, make a cheap set and then hire decent script writers to make a show that deals with big ethical problems that we don't relate to and give us something to think about.

I mean, come on! I don't flipping care about a bunch of teenagers from one of the American Gettos who form a dance club which summerally is better than all the professional dancers....WE KNOW PROFESSIONAL WHATEVERS ARE RUBBISH, THE FILM ALONE TELLS US THAT....Five minutes on Youtube confirms that a bunch of teenagers in their bedrooms are more skilled than hollywood producers.

I mean Avatar almost, ALMOST, did it...but then it introduced a stupid love story and made the whole ethical side of things a sub plot of the love story. Flipping, a film that could have made people go 'Hey, maybe we shouldn't go around acting like total idiots to people we don't consider our equals because maybe they don't need our help...' but no....what people commented on was the 'stunning', more like ridiculous, graphics and the fiddly stupid love story...the only nod they gave to the story was that they personally would have nuked the planet from space and saved everyone a lot of time....Which just reinforces the 'We don't need to deal with problems because we have NUCLEAR WEAPONS or Stealth Bombers or Cruise Missiles, idea that everyone seems to have nowadays....Divorcing the moral implications from the use of those weapons...'

And now to distract you from the major rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXraSkgssFk

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I couldn't help but support the humans in Avatar. I mean, they tried Diplomacy, even going so far as to sink hundereds of thousands into research to make it easier on the natives, and when all attempts at that failed, they tried to get them to move with force, but they tried to do it humanely in a shock and awe campaign. It just seems like the humans got screwed over by the hippy cat people.

They could have just nuked it from orbit and then mined the barren, lifeless rock dry, but no, humanity is better than that.

1275751990935.jpg

Avatar is a feature of a lot of the "HUMANITY [bleep] YEAH" threads on /tg/, so yeah.

2Xeo5.png

Sigh....

Kr3XE.gif

It would be like France declaring that your house belonged to them, spending thousands in an effort to brain wash you into believing that your house belonged to them, then humanly blowing up your chimmney to convince you your house belonged to them....and if you didn't submit then they kill the rest of your family.

While I can see where you are coming from, apparently the resource they were after was vitally important to humanity's ongoing survival (According to canon, anyway), so by denying the humans access to this unobtanium, the Na'Vi were essentially saying "We aren't letting you touch our ball. Sure, you don't have a ball of your own, or any fun toys to play with, but if we let you use ours, you might get it dirty". Except that the humans will die if they do not get to play with the ball.

All the humans were asking for was mining right that, if negotiated and worked out in a peaceful way, would not have hurt the ecosystem or their world mind to any significant degree and would have helped humanity greatly.

2Xeo5.png

Avatar: decent CGI, horrendously overdone storyline. I mean really. How many times are moviemakers going to rip off Pocahontas before people get tired of it?

I personally think that UP is one of the better movies that has come out, though. If only because of the talking dogs.

a70c7.png

3rd movie was probably the best imo.

The 3rd movie recieved a lot of flak, but I honestly enjoyed watching it. It is brilliant in comparison to most movies out there, but I think that since many people didn't think it was as good as the first two, it's bad points were exaggerated more than they should have been.

Remind me never to watch a movie you recommend. EVER.

Though, Rocco can be excused since he's like 10 years old.

Because our track record with the environment is wonderful....

Clearly Unobtainium is powering all the floaty rocks and the tree of whatever it was, so its pretty important to them too.

Its hardly vital to our continued survival when they could afford to spend years doing diplomacy...and since Pandora is the ONLY place in the Universe with this substance, it is gonna be relatively new....So it is probably 'vital' like Plutonium is 'Vital'.

To put it another way....If an alien race came to Earth and started draining away the water in order to make their mines easier to drill, in exchange for giving us advanced shoveling techniques, the ability to cure miner's lung and the ability to read their language....don't you think we would get rather mift at them when they drained the med and moved on to the Atlantic?

But hey, they only wanted a siphoning contract!