Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

...and the great kings of the age came with hundreds of knights dressed finely in plate armor, astride massive war horses. Their procession ended in the Citadel of Cologne, controlled by the illustrious ruler of the Holy Roman Empire, Emporer fREdrick ThE Crazed Hermit. They bade their knights to leave at once, before they grabbed legs of glazed turkey and goblets of wine, and sat down at the playing board. The greatest Emporer amongst them rose his stilt-like arm, and spoke in his quiet voice. "My friends, I have not been well as of late. There is no heir to my throne, and I wish no bloodshed to come of it. That is why I have created this game. The greatest leader amongst you will prove victorious against the rest, and will inherit my great kingdom. Before we begin, there are a few rules..."

Ye Olde Rules

No superweapons

Biological weapons are allowed, but limited in power. Causes a loss in reputation.

Be reasonable with technology. No one wants an assualt rifle wielding crazed lunatic.

My decision has the final word, but I will listen to your arguments (in PM)

How to Manage Thine Kingdom: Thine Budget

Kings and Queens (players) begin with an income of ten million gold standards per decade

Dukes and Duchesses (NPC) have varying incomes, which cannot be used for purposes of aggression.

Infrastructure works the same as the previous Hegemony, except there are no more aid missions. (See below)

Economy increases your budget twice as much as infrastructure, but is more variable and can change faster.

How to increase economy:

1) Have access to trade routes. Currently there only exists the trade routes within Europe, and the Silk Road to Asia. You can attempt to form your own trade routes, which will then be given an "economic power" ranking based on their lucrativity.

2) Invest into trade goods by sponsering mechantile guilds, or funding trade missions.

3) Some other creative ways

How it can be lowered:

1): Being blockaded, embargoed.

2) Putting an embargo on someone lowers your economy, as well as theirs

3) Random events

4) Losing trade routes.

5) Some other creative ways

Military Annexation:

Basically move in your troops into an enemy territory and defeat their troops. Even after the battle is over, the captured region may resist and revolt, so keep troops in the area and try to convince them of your awesome leadership.

Peaceful Annexation:

Does not exist in the sense of the word "Peaceful." However, you can attempt to convince a region of a country to secede and join your country. Be creative in the ways you can do this, but generally having a good reason for it will help. A warning though: the country could get a bit angry that you're stealing from them. More covert operations have a smaller chance of alerting the enemy, but will have a smaller effect.

Managing thine Kingdom: Unrest

People have many ways of being angry, and many reasons why they're mad. Here are a few:

Religious unrest: Angry because of the difference in religion. Has a chance of spawning zealots. Quell through either tolerance of the religion or conversion of the populace.

War unrest: Angry because your country is at war. Generally peasants are a bloody lot, and like war, but sometimes you may have some problems. Quell through victories or peace.

Peasants revolt: Angry because of a bad famine or oppresive government. Has a chance of spawning huge mobs of peasants, but happens rarely. Quell through execution or improving living conditions.

Managing thine Kingdom: Warfare

Knights and peasants are all pawns in our quest for world domination. Of course, you'll need to know how to use them.

Knights are strong, both in will and strength. Their armor provides them ample protection against blows from the arrow and the blade. However, they are limited in number. Because of their higher birth, many knights can supply themselves and bring men at arms, but only so many are there to serve you. Feudal societies generally receive the most number of knights, though their peasant quality is lower.

Peasants are the low born, cheap and numerous. The rabble may only have their linen shirts, with little protection. However, with training and equipment, they can be a force to be feared. They only cost 100 gold pieces to begin with, but the extra equipment can raise the price up to a thousand gold pieces. Peasants have higher qualities when fighting for a more equal society, and usually fight best when defending their homeland.

----

Suggestions? I will work on finding a map. The game will begin tomorrow.

[hide=Schedule]July 21-Budget Reset

July 23-Earliest possible date of two masted ship research completion

July 26-Budget Reset

July 31-Budget Reset

August 5-Budget Reset

August 10-Budget Reset

August 15-Budget Reset

[/hide]

[hide=Map of Europe]

v2ujW.png

[/hide]

[hide=Map of the rest of the world]

tLeNv.png

[/hide]

[Hide=Countries of the World]

Username: Nexaduro

Religion: Catholic Christianity

Government: Feudalistic Monarchy (5)

IEG: 10 million

Treasury: 10 million

Economy: 1

Infrastructure: 1

Username: Earthsage

Economy: 1.2

Username: Icuownage

Religion: Eden

Government: Feudalistic Monarchy (8)

Economy: 1.4

Username: Ross the Knight

Username: Dusty

IEG: 20 million

Treasury: 20 million

Economy: 0.9

Infrastructure: 0.6

Username: Rocco

IEG: 18 million

Treasury: 18 million

Economy: 1.1

Username: Trol

Religion: Angolism

Infrastructure: 1.6

Username: Grim

Username: Dungeonal

IEG: 28 million

Treasury: 28 million

Infrastructure: 1.0

Username: Paul

Government: Enlightened Republic (-5)

Infrastructure: 1.5

Username: Doomsavenger

Religion: Orthodox Christianity

Government: Feudalist Monarchy

IEG: 18 million

Treasury: 18 million

Economy: 1.3

Username: Mather

Religion: Islam

Government: Feudalist Monarchy

Username: Archimage

Government: Feudalistic Monarchy

[/hide]

[Hide=Approximate Troop values]

Peasants: 100-150

Spearmen: 250

Pikemen: 400

Archers: 400

Elite Pikemen: 700

Heavy Horse Archers: 700-800

Men at Arms: 500

[/hide]

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=CzP4Mv

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proceed.......

Anyway, map, and I dib either Britain or France.

Probably France.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

So, what's the map?

I want Wessex.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, the time period of the year 1000, but the map might not completely be accurate. Oh the difficulty of finding a black and white map at for the middle ages.

------

Sounds good. I'll make a map with that, unless there's a better one. Bigger nations will be split.

----

Actually it doesn't work that well. Mind helping me find another?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Actually I think I will be stealing your old map, but redrawing a few of the borders. Will be done tonight!

Hmm I only wanted France so I could go to America with ease, but we're probably not doing that, so I will pick another country.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

THE GREAT NAVY OF ICELAND SHALL CRUSH YOU ALL!

... What?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok I reserve France still, they're actually in an okay position.

But I am still studying the map.

Also will this be more RP based?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Yes Icu, you'll have many options at your disposal, especially when related to wrecking someone's economy. Also, I might include some royal succession crisis in other countries occasionally, for the rest of you to fight over. :P

Rocco, I am changing the map according to your map, but I just like the format. Also note that the Holy Roman Empire, Britain, and France will be smaller.

Perhaps the Emirate of Cardova, they're on two of the main land masses.

Will we have to know about the countries we pick?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Holy Roman Empire will lose the parts of Italy to...Italy, while Italy will be composed of two states. France will lose Burgandy to Burgandy.

-----

It would be nice, but remember that I don't know a heck of a lot about these countries either.

[Hide=Ye Olde Map]

AyySj.png

[/hide]

Purple countries are either tribal areas or the Pope (Should be pretty obvious which is which). Tribal areas are usually good places for establishing trade routes or setting up claims on the land, but they are not worth nearly as much as nations. Also, they may have fierce tribal warriors.

List of countries:

Iceland

Scotland

Wales

England - Nex?

France - ICU

Burgandy - Ross

Kingdom of Spain

Emirate of Cordoba

Italy (North)

Italian States (South)

Papal States (NPC)

City State of Antwerp

City State of Bruges

Holy Roman Empire - Rocco

Denmark

Norway

Finland

Slavic Tribes (NPC)

Byzantine Empire

Bulgaria

Hungary

Poland

Kiev

Zeirids

Turkish Tribes (NPC)

Baltic Tribes (NPC)

Finnish Tribes (NPC)

Labels... Please?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Labels... Please?

Errr, I have yet to figure out how to effectively put labels on maps. However, I based the map on Rocco's map on page one, but basically took out the smaller kingdoms. Could you manage from that?

Also, I'll start color coding later, but that was just the base map.

----

Have to go to sleep now. See ya tomorrow.

*ahem* Just putting out a slightly larger map (just incase you want to reconsider the use of the rest of the eastern hemisphere)

[hide]11sypvo.jpg[/hide]

(Map it was based upon)

[hide]East-Hem_1000ad.jpg[/hide]

[hide]

*Sustained Facepalm*

Better system:

Everyone has Cog/Cog like ships, which are crap at navigating beyond the coast, but if you follow the coast, you are mostly fine.

Round Bottom boats take 80 years to develop(Which make all your vessels ocean going)

2 Mast Boats take 30 years to develop(Which doubles the size of your ships)

3 Mast Boats take 50 years to develop(Which trebles the size of your ships(Doesn't stack))

4 Mast Boats take 100 years to develop(Which makes all your vessels ocean going AND trebles the size of your ships(Doesn't stack))

You can build massive ships before then but they cost a tonne extra(With the research the cost stays the same as whatever it is now), and trying to go into the ocean carries a 80% chance of losing the ship.

Hooray, the maps are done. Okay, here's the explanation for the map. (Asian map)

Darkish grey areas are wilderness, already mapped in a more detailed map, or are not supposed to be shown (like the Americas)

Red lines indicate primary land routes, which will be less risky for your soldiers to walk on than other "uncharted" routes.

Maroon = Kiev

Yellow = Mongols

Lightest Peach = Persian Caliphate

Purple = Eastern parts of the Byzantine empire

Light Purple = Khmer Empire

Olive Green = Sultanate of something (momentarily forgot its name)

Dark Blue = Southern Song Dynasty

Orange = More Mongols

Darker Peach = More Mongols

Green = Japan

Light Blue = South Africa

[hide=Really big map]

tLeNv.png

[/hide]

[hide=European map]

Could someone please fix up the titles for stuff? I have no clue how to do that. :P

mpllM.png

[/hide]

We are using Archi's system for ships, except all the times are cut in half.

Cogs cost 50,000 every five years to maintain, and 50,000 to purchase (so you can't simply buy an infinite amount and disband before the five years). This will be calculated at the five year mark, so if you purchase a cog one year before the next five year, you'll have to pay again really soon. Each can carry five hundred soldiers, or can be tasked to trade between certain countries.

This is to replace the old trading route system, so everyone who put money into trade routes, please PM me and I'll re-imburse you for the costs with other trading related stuff. This will be going onto the front page soon.

----

Plague has somewhat died down, but will continue to have outbreaks every once in a while in some countries.

[/hide]
LNYvk.png

The Kingdom of Kiev

590px-Greater_Coat_of_Arms_of_Ukraine.svg.png

A glorious nation, led by Khagan Vladimir the Great, ruler of all Kievan Rus. Vladimir has been the ruler of KIev since 980, converting to christianity just before the millenia.

Vladimir was lively in his youth, commanding a presence wherever he travelled in Eastern Europe.. His first wife, Rogneda, was a pagan. So she had to go!

503px-Anton_Losenko._Vladimir_and_Rogneda.jpg

Vladimir's 'courtship' of Rogneda

Vladimir then married Anna, a byzantine princess. His eldest son is called Yaroslav, and already gains a name for himself in court as a learned scholar!

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Lets see...1000 AD...

The great revolt of 1001 AD, following the crowning of King Stephen I, has caused massive emigration of roughly 250,000 Magyars.

I, Lord Archarnis, have become head of the emigrants and have lead a march to the Fjords of Norway, where we have learned from the natives the secrets of boat building and have sailed to their colonies in Iceland. From here have declared our allegiance to the Danish King(Who controlled the areas mentioned).

We begin to colonise the area with the 150,000 survivors.

Establish the Holy Order of the Banhammer, based on Norse Mythology, tied with the native beliefs of the Magyars.

Begin digging irrigation ditches and farmlands, in conjunction with selective breeding of crops.

Begin mining a vast quanity of stone for our sewage system.

And stockpiling a pit of rotting animals to absorb our sewage until the system is completed.

The Main Pit is known as the Holy Pit of Regering, but smaller pits are springing up near every settlement now.

When a new baby is born he or she is annoited with the waters of their local pit.

Children of Ministers are annoited with the waters of the Holy Pit of Regering.

Surviours are allowed to survive.

Priests of the Holy Order of the Banhammer must sit in their local pit for 7 Days and 7 Nights.

Any who survive may apply to become Ministers, who must sit in the Holy Pit of Regering for 7 Days and 7 Nights.

The Ministers may then sit in the Hall of Regering, where law is made.

We also develop a new language, which we name 'English'.

Since having a week in the pit is not terribly popular, very few people die in a year. Also, only about 69% of the babies die, of the surviours only 1 in 100 die before they are 20. So the survival rate is 3 in 10, roughly equal to the average of the time.

This survival rate is expected to increase overtime as the weaker genes are removed from the pool.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Please could I take England.

Edit: it figures that that is taken, I take Scotland.

The mighty country of Scotland has finally been united by the cheiftain reputed for his bloodthirstyness and his raiders; Coming from the Slav countrys of the east he has gathered all the scottish people together and revealed himself as King for life.

[Falador tavern]

Lets see...1000 AD...

The great revolt of 1001 AD, following the crowning of King Stephen I, has caused massive emigration of roughly 250,000 Magyars.

I, Lord Archarnis, have become head of the emigrants and have lead a march to the Fjords of Norway, where we have learned from the natives the secrets of boat building and have sailed to their colonies in Iceland. From here have declared our allegiance to the Danish King(Who controlled the areas mentioned).

We begin to colonise the area with the 150,000 survivors.

Establish the Holy Order of the Banhammer, based on Norse Mythology, tied with the native beliefs of the Magyars.

Begin digging irrigation ditches and farmlands, in conjunction with selective breeding of crops.

Begin mining a vast quanity of stone for our sewage system.

And stockpiling a pit of rotting animals to absorb our sewage until the system is completed.

The Main Pit is known as the Holy Pit of Regering, but smaller pits are springing up near every settlement now.

When a new baby is born he or she is annoited with the waters of their local pit.

Children of Ministers are annoited with the waters of the Holy Pit of Regering.

Surviours are allowed to survive.

Priests of the Holy Order of the Banhammer must sit in their local pit for 7 Days and 7 Nights.

Any who survive may apply to become Ministers, who must sit in the Holy Pit of Regering for 7 Days and 7 Nights.

The Ministers may then sit in the Hall of Regering, where law is made.

We also develop a new language, which we name 'English'.

Since having a week in the pit is not terribly popular, very few people die in a year. Also, only about 69% of the babies die, of the surviours only 1 in 100 die before they are 20. So the survival rate is 3 in 10, roughly equal to the average of the time.

This survival rate is expected to increase overtime as the weaker genes are removed from the pool.

Uh... didn't I already claim Iceland Archi?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I was actually saving the Eastern Hemisphere for later, since there are still plenty of countries to plunder first. Not to mention you might be tamed by the occasional crusade (that's how you'll get your first glimpses of the Eastern hemisphere!) or the occasional barbarian horde from the east... :thumbsup: