Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

Of course there is customisation. Maybe you want to take advantage of your peasants poor backgrounds by declaring a communist revolution (seriously don't do that, but just as an example). Or maybe you want to get your soldiers wasted before the battle so that they fight with no pain. It's simply a matter of creativity. The numbers were simply guidelines, so that if you wanted to make a new kind of unit, you'd have something to base it on. Then you'd give a description of the unit to me, and I'd work out its advantages and disadvantages before telling you, or you can write those up and send them to me to see if it's reasonable.

EDIT: Strange how we basically started the post with the same thing.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, retech, absed off of that.. can you tell me if my Hell axemen are reasonable? or can you make up some more advantages/ddisadvantages as required?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It's treading a little bit on the magic side, with the reincarnation. Maybe you could figure out something closely related, but more grounded on the real world. Like some reason why they are very hard to stop on the battlefield, and are hard to kill.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sigh. Earth, and where are these forests? I might as well build a wooden wall around the marshlands that surround Crete, just beyond the lava rivers...

Also, being stupid is throwing a hissy fit during an attack because I didn't get the system to start with but stayed quiet because I didn't want to cause a problem.

Retech... Thats fine then. I just don't like that you are creating solider classes and trying to pidgeonhole people into building armies of peasants and knights. The game is at the height of tedium when there are 3 ways to play...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yah, sorry for not explaining my concept well enough. Basically I was giving examples, since everyone's idea of reasonable is probaly very different, so it just sorta leads to a big mess. Basically common sense will get you through, since hopefully we share at least some common sense!

well.. actually, i have an idea. they arent reincarnated, they are retrained.. but this training is rigerous, and the triners are in as much danger as the trainees.. such as bear fighting. only so many are willing t do this, hence the limit cap of 5. they are powerfull because they actually survived the training, and are equiped with old, powerfull armor and weapons in the ruins, along with the Blood axe my leader found. that a good explanation? (dice roll decides if i get them back, dont get them back, or lose the trianers and have to retrain said trainers..)

EDIT: arch.. the forests on the mainland? for gods sake, your going to want to attack people jsut as much as the others. and scince there are going to be forests in those lands, those terms apply!...

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I can see where Archi is coming from, if all the units have classes, then it does reduce customisation but quite a bit.

How about units don't have classes, but just common sense which unit would beat the other

I mean fully trained knight or peasent?

Rampaging calvalry against blocked up wall of spears

Stealthed archers or a group of barbarians

@Earth, no unfair stuff from RP'ing just ideas, all my stuff I have RP'd are just ideas, like the vault will be a nice place to defend, but I actually have to set up the defense.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Wait, there are only five? They seem more like general-style morale boosters, than super ridiculous powerful fighters. If you think about it, a regular army could field at least 500 knights, so would these people kill tens of thousands of peasants each?

----

They aren't classes for you. It's basically to help me reference them compared to my view of these units. After all, it's like comparing Star Wars to Star Gate. Which is stronger, a wraith hive ship or the death star?

Saying X beats Y, but Y beats Z, but Z beats X, is pointless. You just have 1 of each and don't think about it anymore. Might as well just have 3 of A.

Also, you have to remember that most peasants don't want to throw their lives away for their liege. After the knights killing 3-4 each, the peasants are gonna get bored and leave.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

... tech, they have steel axes, are living giants, have powerfull armor able to stand up to ANOTHER of those mega axes 10 hits, and you dont think they are powerfull? i only made 5 because thats a reasonable ammount, and the fact they cant enter a small confrontation is another disadvantage. say, a border skirmish, or a tactical war of attrition is out for them.. a big battle with a lot of troops, thats where they fight.

@ICU: you can make yuor own unique units...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well they're only human. It seems like five wouldn't really be much. You could probaly go with a hundred and still be pretty safe with it.

theyre shcok troops able to kill about 5,000 knights por a very powerfull unique unit each.. if people use only peasents or something, they will be table turners. that and the fact they are imune to arrows.. armors tough, and even crossbows aont b powerfull enoguh to dent them more than a small amount.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Earth that is just over powered.....

One of them can killl 5000 knights... You know, people who have trained most of their lives in combat...

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That sorta sounds like a Balrog to me, especially since each kingdom with feudalism could probaly only field a thousand or two thousand knights for a major campaign. I'd suggest that you revise that idea.

2,500 enough? they are good warriors! and damnit man, figure it out! they are imune to arrows, not bolders! if you cant kill em with small range arms, cant easily defeat em with mele, then use bigger range! or find weak points in armor, or do something! god, you can make your own unique units.

Retech: arent you suposed to figure out the advantages and disavantages?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

ok im building a unit with HUGE steel armour so hes impervious to everything but catapults which fire 1000kg weights cause otherwise they just bounce off his armour

he can kill loads of things before he gets too tired where he just goes to sleep until he starts killing stuff again

It's way too unrealistic to include, unless we want to go into the fantasy direction, which might lead to some problems. I mean if you had some sort of bezerker knights with a cap of 50 that could kill 5 each and scare the enemy, that would be more reasonable. Of course they'd be more expensive each.

might as well go with that. people arent even realizing they can make their own unique units that can do the same fing thing!... idiots... now, lets see, ive basiccaly given you the ways to beat them.. aim for the cracks in the armor, use big rocks, rush them... ive givn a very bad disadvantage to myself, ive reduced the numbers they can kill, ive limited the amount of troops they can kill to 1000 knihts, and that equivilent in peasents. they are semi-imune to arrows yes, but aimed for said weak spots, they can injusre the wearer. they arent epic powerfull, ivve even jsut made them underpowered! and you guys are still going to [bleep] about it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

If you can make your own unique units and make them as powerful as possible then I'm just going go ahead and say I also found weapons in my vault, an elite troop of soldiers have been trained and are known as the sword of eden, these soldiers have been bestowed weapons from this ancient civilisation, they seem to be sword shaped ionic blasters, but the simple minded medieval people believe it is the power of the God's.

Oh they can be killed by arrows, but I went ahead and thought of just putting em clad in super armor, they're immune to arrows now.

So siege weapons only, but if I have enough troops with them, siege weapons will easily be overwhelmed, and any other troops will just be dealt with by my new troop.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

That's the reason why I posted the unit values from before. They were supposed to be the basis of making your unique units. I'll go and post the new system on the first page though.

Also, you may begin. I'll post a "What's happening to the world" within 30 minutes, to explain current situations in some NPC countries.

Invasion of the Baltics. 1500 Men at Arms. Not mercenaries. Men at Arms.

10000 if we're using legit values. If not, 1500 is more than enough otherwise the system would be balanced otherwise.

fine. retech, use my basis of powerfull, scary as hell, powerfull units and do what you like with it. these guys will continue [bleep]ing about it until you give your verdict..

Scotland begins trainining its farmers in basic weapon use, and begins researching agriculture advancements..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I waited for someone else to post so I didn't double post, but Earth I did actually have my own unique troop, the blood knights, the knights trained in ways of combat to make the battlefield a whole lot bloodier.

Read it, it's in the post where I posted all those houses.

They're overconfident in their abilities, and scare other units, but are basically as powerful as a normal knight.

Also -

My budget for, the decade, year, I don't know?

50% Goes to building up trade routes and increasing economy, like increasing production of our main exports

I'll work out the other 50% later.

It's a REALLY big shaft.