Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central Europe seem quite lucky with that large river going through all their cities O-o

Meh I do not mind spending money setting up road trade routes.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

3 rivers, but none going to other countires, I don't know if that's good or bad.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I think the rivers should stay as there are, but you can place a couple of cities around and work out the trade routes and how much money can be gained.

We also need to set a limit on the number of routes per city/river/road way.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I was actually planning of adding trade routes as we went along. Basically that the only trade is limited between even European countries at the time, and the Silk Road. You'd have to actually create the trade routes yourselves.

Also, my troop values were rather arbitrary, but I was trying to keep troop numbers from skyrocketing. If someone can figure out some numbers that would work, then that would be nice. Basically I am trying to solve the problem of people stalling in defence (by having people keep their defence plans intact, so I would just look at those), since it would be sorta strange if everytime there was a surprise attack, all the countries' soldiers would mobilise instantly.

A possible change would be that knights would require upkeep, while peasants only cost their initial, but lower economy if there are too many out of their jobs for extended periods. Input please!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

can i ask.. wth? edels country is scotland, and he aparently thought it was claimed... so i made a claim... he ceded SCOTLAND TOO ME!.. [wagon]es..

anyways, backstory...

The son of a poor farmer in a wild area of Scotland, Earth became well versed in woodland lore. on a trip for herbs, he sutmbled upon an old soctish temple, with a large raiders axe on a pedastel. upon taking it, Earth became a great warrior, skilled in tactics and warfare. he overtook scotland, and with the Blood Axe, summoned 5 Hell axemen to his side. (unique units, suckers.) these axemen, although tempermental and hard to control, are fierce warriors, able to revive themselves at a summoning ritual. they also posses powerfull axes and a blood rage ability. (they aint all powerfull, can only use em in large confrontations, and if they die, i have to roll a die to see if i egt em back.) with them, Earth plans on making an impact in this contest he hears of.. one where he wins, of course.

Research begins on woodsmanship, and basic weaponry training.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Troops should be simple. You pay 10 for a peasant for a year. To train them you need a training place, which costs X based on how advanced your training is and the cost of weapons.

the cost per year increases proportionately.

The idea being that people train massive armies, massive armies kill each other, each side uses peasants.

Okay, maybe a cost of a 100 for a base peasant. Then equipment and training could bring the cost to 500-1000, for the most elite soldiers. Then if you have a feudal society, then you can get additional soldiers and knights, during times of war.

Having an army does not incur upkeep, but can reduce infrastructure (or economy?) if a huge army is maintained for long periods of time. Sound good?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

works best that way. and who says we have these techs to start with? dont we need to research a bit more into the bows, to get crossbows? and basic weapons training?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sucky system.

What is the point of a peasant army when they are just crap? They are not cheap because 10 peasents are owned by 1 swordsman and the swordsman is cheaper than the 10 peasants.

Alternatively, what is the point of swordsmen, when 1 swordsman is owned by 10 peasants but is more expensive than those 10 peasants.

Might as well just pure whatever it is...Training makes it better because you can't insta build a tonne of knights, though you can still insta train a bunch of peasants.

Of course it makes sense.

Peasant armies are better in terms of fighting strength to cost ratio, but they have a greater effect on the economy (more people fighting instead of working), and they only fight at their full strength when on crusades or defending their homes. It's all situational.

can we just say that the ammount of research we do into weapons, training, and other items, adjusts troop s power? so, that means we cant start out researching special power weapons, such as a crossbow system...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Sigh...So basically the costs arn't the costs, they are just the surface thing and you are gonna smack us with a bunch of rules down the line...so glad its not complicated...

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Different troops have different strengths in different situations. I don't see how that makes costs aren't just costs.

but they have a greater effect on the economy (more people fighting instead of working),

So we get a peasant army thinking we are gonna save our empire and then get smacked with 'Your Empire starves Lol, you are so thick for not knowing what I didn't say.'

Well if you have a ten million peasant army, I think it would be reasonable to say that. Of course I'm not that harsh, so I would give them a few warnings before anything like that happened. My goal is to make sure that no single strategy is always the best. This shouldn't be always about calculating ratios and what not.

I like the system of this

Each type of troop has it's own type

E.G light infantry, heavy infantry, missiles, spearmen, calvalry

Heavy infantry are great against light infantry and missiles

Light infantry are good against spearmen

Spearmen are good against calvary

Missiles are good against light infantry and calvalry

Calvalry are good against light and heavy infantry

Also peasents would be eager to defend against an oncoming invasion, but be stupid at attacking, and commonly will get tactics wrong and run in fear against a vast army, they should also not gain experience.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Ooo....kay....I would think that someone who was a moderator in the previous Hegemonies would realize that being thickheaded just makes the game less enjoyable.

This also reminds me of the time when I (as America) attacked Central America (NPC), and they somehow stole nukes I didn't have.

-----

It has some of that in the game, but there's also other factors surrounding it. A peasant/zealot fighting on a crusade would probaly fight harder than if you dropped that some peasant off in Southeast Asia (alluding to Vietnam), and told them to kill the enemy.

so.. you are going to forfiet? tech is the mod, and you do realize his system makes sense... say you put an army, heavily trained for open areas and cities, is put into a forest battle? disadvanatage much? you also forgot unique units, unless they are more powerfull versions of those classes.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I just don't like being pigeonholed into using a crap strategy. When the moderator creates a system with 0% customisation the game is boring because you just workout how to screw the system.

customization? of course there is customization! using the forest example, put experienced hunters in a forest environment, they would do a lot of damage to a large army untrained to a forest area. likewise, those hunters put out in an open field will be at a disadvantage to a larger army trained for those.. so, depending on where your journeys take you, customize your army to fit the needs of the terain. the minds of the people in the army also affect the customization... and you, arch, a moderator of 3 hegnomys, cant see how stupid your being?...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]