Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a deep mine in the city of Paris, 1000 AD. A lowly mine worker discovers more than he bargained for when the wall of the mine he was at began to become unstable and collapsed. Recovering from the wreckage, he sees that the wall was hiding a large vault, out of curiosity he begins to wander in.

The vault was gigantic in size, the vast catacombs seemed to hide many secrets, as the room that the wall collapsed into was adorned with a large statue of a unfamilar God, and under it was an unfamilar language. The mine worker was given an audience with the king and he told him of the vault under the city. The king was shocked, and in awe of how this great vault has never been found. The exploration team sent by the king uncovered most of the vault within the coming months, it was almost like a forgotten city.

Finally, after almost a year of exploration, the team discovered and large temple like building, it was untouched by all the decay and ruin of the other areas of the vault and looked like it was only recently constructed. Inside, atop a pedastal was a large golden staff, seemingly lit up by golden light, and on the pedestal words were inscribed. After a few more months of pain staking translations of the scripts found around the vault, and of the two pedestals found, they found this.

On the first pedestal below the statue "Gold king Gigamas: Conquerer of Terra and unifier of the world"

On the pedestal below the staff "The grand staff of Eden, tamer of men"

Unbeknowest to the French people, but they had discovered an old fallen civilisation, old manuscript pont towards an ancient apocaliptic event that led to the empires ultimate destruction, and now the city lies in ruins. The French people will mistake these people as the old kingdom of God himself, believing this is the first kingdom of man ever created, and these were God's armies that were led here, and the staff was the power of God.

The staff did have an untold power, which may never be discovered sadly, the true way to unlock it would of been to unite all of the relics of the ancient cities, a task thought impossible, as to do this would mean to conquer the world, many had tried and failed. This was said in one of the ancient scripts, and is one of the new prayers of the religion forming from the vault.

It was 1001 AD, in discovery of the vault, and the new religion known as the Children of Eden, who worshipped the grand God Gigamas, and their symbol was a grand figure holding the staff outright with the golden rays coming off the staff as if it was the sun, the King held a grand feast, but the religious leader ICU knew that the king would not dream of conquering the world like the ancient manuscripts said to do, so the feast was poisoned, and the King was murdered.

With the confusion between the lords and ladies of France, ICU and CoE led an assault on the city of Paris, defeating the armies of the rival lords and ladies, and crowned himself new ruler of France, supported by the majority, he sits, upon his throne in the vault, with staff in hand he is ready to lead his troops to world domination.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Nice intro Icu!

Btw Mather and Archi, Norway was reserved by Trol. Wait nvm. I'm confused now, which nation did Archi reserve? His post was sooo confusing. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's basically stolen from Assassins Creed, I just change some parts, and added another element XD

Anyway, do we begin our stuff now? Or are we waiting for more to join?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

You can go ahead, but I'll start responding tonight, in around 12 hours.

Btw, here are approximate troop costs. You can make your own unique troops, but please use these labels to give me a basic description. Also, maybe like "they are adept in fighting in forests" or "heavily armored and religious", so you can tell me about them. Keep in mind Mercenaries can only be hired for a decade at a time, and are only cheaper when invading and looting. Regular troops can gain experience over time. Also, you may create generals if you'd like, to control your armies. These will also gain experiences over time, and may become more effective. Your King or your heir may lead an army as well, giving larger bonuses, but they may be killed in action. Single combat, arrow storm, etc etc.

Peasant - 1000

Mercenary Men at Arms - 4000

Knight - 15000

Mercenary Knight - 10000

Peasant Archer - 1500

Professional Archer (English longbowmen from later eras may be more expensive)- 4000

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

aww... i wanted scottland.. any chance i could take ireland?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Half of Europe would declare war on you instantly, Icu. (How did you think abandoning Christianity in the point and time when it was at its height would be a good idea?)

Oh and Leon asks the Pope if he would kindly declare a crusade against the Muslim bastards creeping up from Iberia.

Reconquista!

Anyways, Leon begins training 2,000 knights, 10,000 peasant archers, and 20,000 halberd armed infantry.

And building watchtowers to keep an eye on those pesky Moors.

Yes, you could. Archi's post may mean that he is taking Norway...or Denmark, but I can't tell. If it turns out he's taking Denmark, Mather can get Norway, so I'll leave that off the map for now. England seems to be open, so Edel wanted to get that first, so then Scotland would be free. If some of you could work that out, that would be great.

Also, go wild with this. Found knightly orders! Persecute religions! Assasinate the Pope! Won't it be great fun? :P

---------

[Hide=Map with most people except the people that are greatly confusing me]

8I10o.png

Iceland = Nex

Scotland = Earth

England = Edelweiss

France = Icu

Burgandy = Ross

HRE = Rocco

Leon = Dusty

Italy = Trol

Bulgaria = Grim

Kiev = Dungeonal

[/hide]

----

The Pope asks you to please send him a notice when he gets back to Rome in... 6-7 hours, after his vacation in the Carribea...Gibralta...some non-heathen place of vacation.

i take scotland!!! scotland!.. or ireland.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Btw, normal troops have an upkeep costs of 1/4th of their original cost each decade, starting in the decade after they were built. I am not giving any time to post defences, so make sure to keep me updated with the defences so that I don't completely forget about your great wall. :P

To Dusty, we still believe in the same God you guys do, and Jesus, and all of the bible, but we beleive that the garden of Eden was actually a grand civilisation ages ago that was destroyed but an apocalitpic event, infact we still use Christian churches and the same stuff, infact barely anything has changed.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Well maybe I just have to kill him and install a guy who will then....

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Well we'll see wont we.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Kingdom of León

Leon_Arms.png

Leader: King Ferdinand I 'El Magno' (the Great)

Population: 6,900,000 (est.)

Patron Saint: Saint James (Santiago) 'the Moor-Slayer'

Capital City: Coimbra

Primary resource: Gold

-Highly aristocratic, serfdom, yadayada, medieval Catholic society.

During a routine ceremony of the Holy Pit of Regering Methane Gas is discovered.

Experiments involving sheep's bladders are underway.

Dysentery is also discovered, experiments are underway with the native Cretians.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

During an accident in which 20 people died and 15 more went missing, a sinkhole aproximately one kilometer wide and 3 kilometer deep was discovered. Teams of explorers, researchers and geologists have been sent down, so far reports of a great layer of limestone has come back, but most of the hole remains unexplored.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mine is just pure RP, but will probably be used as a defense too.

To avoid double post, I will post my country details here.

goldscepter.gif

Country name: France

Population: 5,000,000

Economy: Agriculture, Silver, Silk

Capital City : Paris

Ruler: Saint Eden I

It's a REALLY big shaft.

The people of Leon have discovered a 500 foot wall surrounding the country. Nobody is quite sure how they missed such a thing in the past, but the wall is in impeccable shape and is made of an unknown substance that is impervious to every weapon known to mankind.

Don't worry guys, I'm just using it for defense.

Burgandy changes it's name to the Kingdom of Zephyr.

Work begins on special battle chariots, as well as increased blade quality using folded steel, wrought iron and then a softer steel to create a superior blade.

Huh. This is off to a good start.

2Xeo5.png