Ye Olde Hegemony

Retech

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clearing that up Retech!

And I see. Again let me reiterate, historically Kiev is going through it's golden age right now! So all the nobles love me! Although that's probably cheating.

I was thinking of keeping my OP updated with cool stuff but I might not. I feel that if we get Arch to cleanse the thread so if we all have one post on the front page with loads of cool info about our civs, then people who stumble across the thread might be more intrigued into joining.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Okay I am bored so I have decided to finish off some Role play for my country, and also clear things up for the mod

The houses of France

House Of Eden

Leader: Saint Icu

Capital: Paris

Description: The noblest of families in France, they hold the most power, and the capital city to France, and the highly regarded vault. To get into any real place of power, noble blood is a neccessity, but they have been known to openly recruit a most skilled warrior, if he has proven himself as a general or as a war hero. The ranks mostly include the French army, but they also hold the main leaders of the CoE religion

Emblem: French flag

Budget: 2/3'rds of the French empire

The house of Chevaliers de Sang (Blood knights)

Leader: General Manius

Capital: Brudges

Description: The most elite knights of the noble families, and the second most powerful military force. The knights are famous for their bloodiness and terror in the battlefield, they have also recently conquered a new castle that held some of the most skilled pikemen in the world. The most elite of the blood knights are chosen to be part of a secret French order which has not been shown to the public, but it is rumored that their leader, Manius is part of this secret sect.

Emblem: Bloodied sword upright in an enemy

Budget: 1/3'rd of the French empire

The house of Commerçants (Traders)

Leader: Lord Argent

Capital: None

Description: The traders of France are part of this noble family, only the most richest of France have any hope of getting any sort of power in this house, they must amass networth of huge riches to even become part of this faction. It is also rumored they have began to form a huge European trade union that stretches across the entire European continent, but these are only rumors, aren't they?

Emblem: Bustling sack of gold

Budget: Funded by HoE

The house of L'Epée (The sword)

Leader: Lord Digne

Description: The main military of France, they have no real power, due to being funded by the HoE, and all of their troops directly answer to Saint Icu, and swear alliegence to him, but Lord Digine was the previous General of the French army before the revolution, and Icu saw it was fit for them to be led by their former general.

Emblem: Golden decorated sword, similar to the golden staff infront of the French colours (Black Gold and Purple)

The house of La Protection

Leader: Lord Fer

Description: The ranks of this military mainly contain defensive troops such as pikemen or archers, they're charged with protection of France, but their main objective is the protection of the vault. They swear complete alliegence to Saint Icu and Lord Fer is an expert in defense, and was his greatest rival in the conquest of Paris, the two have settled their diferences, and saw eachother as rivals instead of enemies, and have become rather close since.

Emblem: Shield decorated with CoE holy symbols amongst a field of French colours

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

techy, howd my raids go?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ruler: Orrustagud Vidikan

Religion: Orlog Anstada

Random names eh?

Orrustagud Vidikan = Orrusta-god Broad-may

Orlog Anstada - Orlog An-place-a

Just as a reminder, Norse surnames alway ended with -son, being (father's first name)-son.

Vidikan is adapted from a completely different word in a different language. Orrustagud = Battle God, Orlog Anstada = Fate Defied.

Meh. I don't want you saying anything about anything Mather. This isn't Norse, it's Icelandic. Teensy difference there.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hrrrm. Oh Nex, you realize the budget is 10 million per DECADE, not year.

Also noting for Mather that people don't like living in caves.

Whoooooops, make that per decade rather than year then.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yes, I can do a range number for finding things. Just PM what you are searching for, and you may find it, or something else unexpectedly. Keep in mind that these are NATURAL landforms, and can't be that ridiculous. Somethings may be well suited for building a huge underground city, but there's no chance that you'll just find one.

With that, we can do our next round of battle reports! Please note that if you are doing a large invasion, and you want a map for it, then please send me a map with your plans, so I have something to work with. Often if you use a map, you can gain some advantages based on your tactics, larger than if you just sent me some plans.

Bulgarian Invasion of Hungary

The mighty Bulgarian host marched into Hungarian soil in the warm Eastern European summers, perfect for their mighty heavy horse archers. Two thousand Heavy Horse Archers rode in front of the army, several miles ahead, in search of enemies to surround and destroy. Unfortunately, the Hungarians were well prepared and had deployed an ambush of five hundred javelin equipped skirmishers in a rocky outcrop near a meandering stream. At close range, the javelins were immensely effective, almost every single one striking down a horse archer. This resulted in six hundred horse archer casualties, before the horse archers replied in kind and struck down the skirmishers as they tried to cross the stream.

The army continued towards the Hungarian capital, under orders not to follow the enemy into forests. The general followed this order fanatically, and ordered his army to attempt to cross the Danube in order to avoid the forests, while the horse archers would circle around and attempt to find a fjord further down the river. Using makeshift rafts and hastily built ships, the large Bularian army began to cross to the other side. There awaited the even larger Hungarian army, which had received information from spies that the Bulgarian army was marching their way. By then, the general had crossed with his 500 knights and 1500 swordsmen. The Hungarians opened with a mighty charge of a thousand knights, led by King Lazlo of Hungary and his nobles. The Bulgarian general was caught off guard, and his troops were pushed back towards the river, with heavy casualties.

By then, the remainder of the Bulgarian troops had disembarked, and joined the frey. The additional 1000 archers, 1000 pikemen, and 2000 men at arms began to turn the tide of battle against the Hungarians, who seemed to have only brought the knights to battle. Suddenly, a loud horn was heard and the Hungarians fled, causing the Bulgarian troops to cheer. In total, the casualties were mainly on the Bulgarian side, which had suffered heavy casualties due to the surprise attack. 200 Knights, 900 swordsmen, 200 pikemen, and 400 men at arms were killed on the Bulgarian side. The Hungarian side is estimated to have lost 300 knights, and few of the nobles.

Meanwhile the leader of the horse archers had led his soldiers up and down the Danube, but could not find a single fjord. His scouts had told him of a Fjord a few miles in the forest, and finally he relented and led his horse archers in. There they were attacked by a rogue band of Slavs fleeing from their homeland, which killed another 200 horse archers in the struggle. The Slavic band was completely destroyed.

Casualties

Bulgarians

200 Knights

900 Swordsmen

200 Pikemen

400 Men at arms

800 Heavy Horse Archers

Slavs

Entire band of people

Hungarians

300 Knights

Few nobles

500 Skirmishers

(Editing more things in, but I don't want to lose all the battle report if I backspace or something)

Leon War of Aggression against Wales

Leon's grand army sailed on a mighty fleet of transport ships to Britain, the island nation that keeps saying it's not part of Europe, but it's still on the European map anyways. Thankfully the days were not stormy, and the transport ships landed on the rocky beaches with no troubles. They were led by an unknown general, followed by two thousand knights, ten thousand peasants, and five thousand archers. The general ordered the army into the rocky hills of Wales, knowing that their leader would be furious if he hesitated. They sacked several cities, before marching towards the Welsh capital. When they arrived, they found it abandoned and took control of the country, however nominally.

The unknown general was reluctant to journey into the wilderness, and sat in the capital with his army, waiting for further orders. The English are rather annoyed that Leon has started trying to control one of the nations they felt belonged rightfully to them, and have begun massing troops on the Welsh-English border.

Holy Roman Empire Siege of Antwerp

The Holy Roman Empire began to breach the walls of Antwerp, charging in with nine thousand peasants. Most of them simply charged towards the pikes, and stopped before their ends, afraid to move any closer. The inexperienced general saw a perfect oppertunity, and ordered his crossbowmen forward. Roughly two thousand were struck down by various projectiles from the walls, before they reached the gate. The peasants suddenly ducked down, and a huge flurry of crossbow bolts flew at close range at the five thousand Flemish pikes. Though not as successful as hoped, the Flems were distracted and the peasants rushed in. This fighting was much more successful, and seven thousand peasants were lost at the cost of three thousands Flemish pikes. The remaining two thousand peasants fled with the crossbows, which had sustained another one thousand casualties from the retreat. Meanwhile, the 2500 Holy Roman Pikes engaged the disoriented three thousand Flemish pikes, forcing the Flems to flee the battle, to be later slaughtered by the victorious HRE army.

HRE gains 2 million IEG, and loses 0.2 infrastructure. (In this game, you can repair your infrastructure at any time and have it count for the next decade update, but it has to be during peacetime.)

Casualties:

HRE

7000 Peasants

3000 Crossbowmen

1000 Pikemen

Flems

5000 Flemish Pikemen

Scottish Invasion of Ireland

The small Scottish army crossed the narrow strait into Ireland. They rode around and killed st0ff, while raiding a few things. Aside from destroying a few villages and angering the Irish, they did little else.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Make sure to give your verdict on my research time estimates and religious structures.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Could you PM me the quote with the religious structures? The research is fine.

Oh, anyone I missed with the battle report? I might do another one tonight.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Earths invasion of Ireland

Also has my trade route been established yet?

And my academy?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Academy yes. Could you send me that trade route info on PM again? Pm makes it easier to keep track of.

And I will add in Earth's invasion.

retech, other than doing that, did they bring back loot?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Could you PM me the quote with the religious structures? The research is fine.

Oh, anyone I missed with the battle report? I might do another one tonight.

hey Nex why'd you ignore my invitation of a trade route

now we're gonna be enemies!

Retech, I meant, what's your estimate on the required time. Can do on the religion quote.

Haha, I didn't see it Dungeon. I've been skimming, while talking to my classmate Sarah about what we're doing over the summer and our combined search for info about the SCA.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

meh, tech? again, did the raiders egt anything usefull?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Basically you have the nation divided. The capital city and the surrounding area agreed to vassalization, but the king and most of the other Welsh are in hiding. Intelligence reports that the main government has set up a defensive position on the coast of Wales, basically the farthest point away from England. There appears to be several layers of palisade and earthen walls. The fort is built on a large hill with a rocky river lining one side and a thick brush on the other.

Earth, your unprofessional army ferreted the loot away, so they're keeping it for themselves.

Nex, I'll get back to you shortly.

I did, I've got 3 million left. [Although I actually thought the Silk Road was bit north of where it actually is.. so I'd like to change my trade route to one from here to Norway, if Nex wants it. Or somewhere in Asia, silk road II]

...Your "specific" training and equipment made your troops cost 1/8th the cost of mine?

Why the [bleep] are knights free? If this crap isn't in the OP, it's not easily viewable. Ergo, retrospectively recalculate please Retech! 5000 free knights will easily achieve my objectives! Thanks.

Vladimir the Great, being in great wisdom and benevolent, has bestowed a great many lordships among the people of his land. These people, now lords, dukes, marquis, viscounts, are all training to be knights. They are expected to swell the number of knights Vladimir can call upon within 4 years! Some say he has named at least 10000 more nobility..

I'm good with a trade road like that. A naval trade route is preferable, as that will be my general strength. Mid-ocean ship-jumping free-running pirates!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

you gonna tap dat?

so why no response bro!

What?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, tell those idiots that if they agree to vassalization they get protection from England! Gosh, stubborn Welsh bastards, this whole arrangement is entirely beneficial to them.

If not we'll go attack them I suppose, under the leadership of General Gregorio Garcia de la Cuesta. Oh, and if we do attack then work parties will clear away the brush beforehand, and make lots of ladders. Escalade!

Nex, it would seem that your greatest strength would be covert operations, but a large standing army seems extremely difficult to maintain, with the murder happy rules in place. Is there a taboo to killing people you are fighting alongside?

A suggestion would be that you could loan out your assassins to other people, and they would in turn contribute to your standing army.

----

Nex, could you please PM the technologies?

---

Working on Catholic Church system, for people who want to manipulate that.