74-80 Mage

Themooingcow666

Hi, what would be a good way to get from 74-80 mage? Right now what i do is hi-alch yew longbow's and mining addy, coal, and mithril ore's and superheating, i have Lunar spells but not ancient magiks and i don't like magic combat, i just like it as support or w/e it's called. I just want to know some suggestions to level it up pretty fast, i have more then enough of each rune too so that's not a problem (i collect ALL runes i find from all the skills i do)

Thank you :)

(p.s is hi-alching or superheating pointless? or are they good?)

Themooingcow.png

If you don't mind spending a few mil, you could Ancient under Ape Atoll. Using stealing creation hats would also lower the cost.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

90% of replies will tell you to either string ammy or plank make on lunars.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If you hate training magic as much as I do (whether it be combat or non-combat), try soul wars or pest control.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Curse training in Stealing Creation gear, using level 73 Enfeeble, is 2*83 xp per cast, at the cost of one soul rune if you use a mud staff. It's not exactly combat, as you shouldn't be hitting at all. Move your spellbook tab (specifically: the enfeeble icon) over your target and press f4, click, f4, click...

(Note: melee SC gear also affects mage xp)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Curse training in Stealing Creation gear, using level 73 Enfeeble, is 2*83 xp per cast, at the cost of one soul rune if you use a mud staff. It's not exactly combat, as you shouldn't be hitting at all. Move your spellbook tab (specifically: the enfeeble icon) over your target and press f4, click, f4, click...

what does f4 do?

Themooingcow.png

what does f4 do?

What Quyneax forgot to mention is that its best to do it on Full Screen so you can move you mage tab over your target. Hitting F4 will show/hide your magic tab. The first is to click the spell, the second is to click on the target.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

what does f4 do?

What Quyneax forgot to mention is that its best to do it on Full Screen so you can move you mage tab over your target. Hitting F4 will show/hide your magic tab. The first is to click the spell, the second is to click on the target.

Ohhhhh i don't have full screen it won't work right on my laptop :/

Themooingcow.png

Dont bother with SC gear. Its not worth the time. You could try superheating iron (~100k mage exp, 25k smithing exp per hour for a low cost), bursting lobbs (need ancients though), stunning, or alching i suppose. If you feel like zarfot, you could try alching and stunning at the same time. Ive heard its 150k exp per hour and not very expensive.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Since you could benefit from some smithing xp (your only lvl 60) I highly reccomend You superheat gold with goldsmithing gauntlets(100k+ smithing and magic xp/hr), it will cost, but the smithing xp greatly makes up for it

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Since you could benefit from some smithing xp (your only lvl 60) I highly reccomend You superheat gold with goldsmithing gauntlets(100k+ smithing and magic xp/hr), it will cost, but the smithing xp greatly makes up for it

I'm level 81 smithing XP and i have, or wait, had 3,500 gold ore's but i sold them all XP but what i was thinking of doing was either buying a bunch of iron and superheating till i'm level 80, or mining coal, addy, and mithril rocks and superheating and making bars out of that and selling them, to make profit?

Themooingcow.png

I'm level 81 smithing XP and i have, or wait, had 3,500 gold ore's but i sold them all XP but what i was thinking of doing was either buying a bunch of iron and superheating till i'm level 80, or mining coal, addy, and mithril rocks and superheating and making bars out of that and selling them, to make profit?

Haha looked at wrong sig :smile:

It will take you a long long long long long time to mine your own coal/mith/addy and I would NOT reccomend it. Gold or iron if you plan on superheating, but since you dont want the xp from gold then you should probably do some kind of lunar spell or alch+stun combo

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Haha looked at wrong sig :smile:

It will take you a long long long long long time to mine your own coal/mith/addy and I would NOT reccomend it. Gold or iron if you plan on superheating, but since you dont want the xp from gold then you should probably do some kind of lunar spell or alch+stun combo

OK thanks, i got from 60-77 mining maybe 80 i think actually not sure just from doing that method XP took me FOREVER haha

but i think i'll just stick to hi-alching, and some PC

Themooingcow.png