Checks?

Indizle

I've noticed that often when im about to leave the bank I see a good deal, but my money is usually in my account, and by the time i withdraw it someone else usually gets to trade. Or at other times I just wish I had my cash, but carrying money isnt safe as you loose it when you die.

Now, my idea is to create a check sort of thing. Basically how it works is you have a checkbook and when you enter a trade, you type the amount you want on the check, enter your PIN (so that incase your account is hacked you still cant use money from inside the bank), then offer it. The amount will be clearly posted next to the item much like the amount of GP is posted.

Heck if we make the system act so that you can't write another check while you have one offered, you could even prevent the scams in which theplayer quickly removes most of the money (i.e. 100k to 10k or the like). Because you have to re-click your pin each time, the scammer wouldnt be able to pull a fast one.

Now to prevent check bouncing, the game automatically stops you from entering amounts you don't have in your bank, and as soon as the check is traded, the gp is removed from your account, so that you cant offer the same amount to someone else, which would result in either gp duplication or check bouncing.

Now to prevent check bouncing, the game automatically stops you from entering amounts you don't have in your bank, and as soon as the check is traded, the gp is removed from your account, so that you cant offer the same amount to someone else, which would result in either gp duplication or check bouncing.

got that part covered :wink:

I do like this idea, it would provide a good way of transfering money.....one thing though: I think that you should have to have some sort of book (a check-book) that you could equip in some random place (perhaps a new place?).

why not just getting cast straight from your bank, and onto your trade screen?

That would be a good idea, but it'd lead to open banks where ever you want. A noob friend waits by the mine with you, you trade him your ores and they go straight to his bank. Alternatively, if you need something from your bank(more money, more runes etc) you trade straight from and to him, then he trades back to you and its in your pocket. Its a paradox.

Junkieman608.png

• 2 weeks later...

Runescape will never have 'checks'

Cheques maybe :P

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"