Napoleonic Hegemony

Nero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 10,000 Old Guard. You would have to have incredible luck to happen to have one of your spies (which would have needed to be placed in the young guard when they started, and I have some 20,000 Revolutionary guard in some rank or another, so you'd have to be even luckier for them to be picked for old guard), and then hand picked by napoleon to be in his personal guard.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Although, if I had the time machine required to go back and state that I was sending a spy into the young guard to Dusty, back then....I can't help thinking I would just have dashed Napoleon against a rock when he was a baby...

Save everyone a lot of bother.

And the tedium of explaining that the post was merely a comment, it was not actually a threat/invitation or other thing which required defensive action to be taken to prevent people from labouring under the assumption that Napoleon was in imminate danger...

Indeed I doubt that anyone thought that he was, given that his assassination is probably the most unlikely thing to happen in this game...given its name...and given his position in the game.

Indeed, it would be like a train being derailed with a pointed stick.

Though, in the non-scifi version:

I could just train a vet, go to the stable, plant a bomb in his horse and have him blow up while riding around....

Or if we just rolled over and surrendered...then revealed the room was full of dynamite and blew him up then.

That...or create the hydrogen balloon, name it Redoubtable, put a marksman in it, and let history shoot the Great Man in the backbone.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well, considering Archi's history of spying and all in YOH, I wouldn't have put it past him to try to put spies into my ranks years ago.

Dusty, could I get those 5 generals I mentioned in PM

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

But....My steam engines =P

I am fine either way, the game world seems to have collapsed significantly and would require moderator intervention to fix...so would basically be what you decided should happen.

Alternatively, you do the same, but we skip to 1812-15, after the war...but could easily turn into an exercise in recriminations...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhM7UA_nt4c&feature=fvw

mRDJk.jpg

Technology Victory (Highest number of tech breakthroughs): Prussia

Military Victory (Highest number of conquered territory): USA

Social Progress Victory (Most forward thinking and socially minded decisions): France

Economic Victory (Highest increase from start budget to finish): Prussia

Territorial Victory (Highest number of provinces): Spain

Naval Victory (Highest number of ships): Portugal

Technology Failure (Lowest number of tech breakthroughs): Ottoman Empire

Military Failure (Highest number of provinces lost through war/rebellion): Great Britain

Social Failure (You get the point): Italy, Ottoman Empire, Persia, Portugal

END VICTOR: Prussia

---------

Longest War: American War of Independence

Longest Revolution: French Revolution

Highest losses in a war: Great Britain (American War of Independence)

Highest number of events: Great Britain

Largest Revolt: Russian Nobility Revolt

Most damaging modifier: 'Nobility Flight' for Russia

Most positive modifier: 'Equality of the Sexes' for Revolutionary France

Most damaging event: 'Famine in Russia' for Russia

Most positive event: 'Russian Nobility Exodus' for Prussia

Most professional troops: 'Revolutionary Old Guard' for Revolutionary France

Most provinces colonized: 30 (Portugal)

Largest Colonial revolt: Peruvian Independence Revolt (Spain)

Most bizarre technological request: Bear cavalry and DaVinci-esque tanks

Most general's lost during combat: 1 - Revolutionary France

Holy Roman Emperor: Prussia

Most failed colonization attempts: Spain - 4 (2 in SA, 1 in Africa, 1 in NA)

Most leaders killed due to spy actions: USA (2 - James Madison & Thomas Jefferson)

I would've easily stomped the Chinese with those bear calvary. :(

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I find it disturbing that after researching for my entire existance in this game I didn't get a single breakthrough.

Because you started playing late?

Technology progress in this game wasn't linear - tech advancement starts off slow and far spaced in between, then gets more frequent and in larger numbers as you go along. Part of the reason why Prussia started the game with a budget of 12m or so and ended with 20m.

DEAR GOD A POST FINALLY GODAMMIT A POST.

I played very horribly in this game. I hope I get better results in Delta V.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Most bizarre technological request: Bear cavalry and DaVinci-esque tanks

Guess who :)

I don't feel I did very well but its probably because in the last couple of days my heart just wasn't in it, I had missed a week on holiday and I felt like I was cheating to put an estimated figure like I did. So I just attacked someone and placed my population in a riot.

Thankyou Dusty, on behalf of everyone here I'd like to say you've given us a great game. Its been realistic, innovative, tactical and epic but most importantly fun. I disagree with Spork, I don't feel that just repeating would be so fun.

[Falador tavern]

I find it disturbing that after researching for my entire existance in this game I didn't get a single breakthrough.

Because you started playing late?

Technology progress in this game wasn't linear - tech advancement starts off slow and far spaced in between, then gets more frequent and in larger numbers as you go along. Part of the reason why Prussia started the game with a budget of 12m or so and ended with 20m.

I started with 14m and ended with 30 something..

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain