Temporary Dungeoneering

Retech

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Earth

Earth finds several things that look like medicinal herbs, but from his limited knowledge, he has little idea. He could always try though. He notices that the fire is getting larger.

-Rocco

Rocco reloads and fires his hunting bow, striking the bandit in the foot. He winces in pain, but continues in his furious pace. Soon he is gone.

+0.1 Archery

-Icu

Icu manages to grab the snake, being bitten several more times, before throwing it at the grizzly's cub. They seem distracted, so Icu manages to run past, meeting Ares.

-Edel

Trol barely manage to leap out of the way of the bear, before landing flat on your back. Trol binds his wounds.

+0.1 Medic (for Trol)

---

Map will only include character known things, so it's just about the city, when you get there. Archi is also correct. I can't bot for you, but another person can play for you.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

i try to most llikely looking one for my wounds, while binding them with some cloth strips or plants.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

On an entirely urelated note, I head to the nearest town.

Username: Archi

Character name: Archi

Description: Looks like an Apothecary.

History: Was the village doctor/shaman/person in charge of the herbs.

Unique quality: Herblore element.

Herblore element = Knowladge of plants and herbs, as well as the knowladge to mix, combine and make potions.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

-Earth

Earth manages to bind his wounds with some cloth, but the plants make them sting. The fire seems to have spread several meters down the road.

+0.1 Medic

-Archi

Archi ends up at a fork on the road to the nearest town. There appears to be fresh footprints heading on the left fork, while a fire seems to be raging on the right fork.

(Starting weapon?)

-Rocco

Rocco finds the arrow, but it seems to have been snapped. After continuing on his, he notices the fire is racing beside him on the brush near the road. Finally, the road begins to taper off into an abandoned mine.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I head on down the path.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I slowly sit down crosslegged a short distance from the bear. I slowy put the quarterstaff across my lap, and take out the lute. I bow my head and begin to softly play, using sound magic to try producing a quiet, soothing sound. If the bear is calmed, I slowly hold out a hand to it, with the fingers curled so as not to be open and not a fist.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

-Theros

Theros starts messing around with his left shoulder, until his left arm breaks. When he arrives in the area, the bandits are already gone and a huge fire is raging.

-Archi

After scrounging around in the brush beside the road, Archi finds three clumps of mushrooms. Two are the standard edible variety, while one is recognized to be a "whistling" mushroom, which makes a whistling sound when the cap is popped. These are used for some magical uses, currently unknown to you at this time, but you carefully stash them, as you know the whistling mushroom loses all its purpose when the cap is broken.

+0.1 Herblore

-Icu

After some wandering, Icu finally reaches the town of Avernum.

It is around noon and his stomach growls at him. The five gold coins that the departing villagers were given had been a pretty hefty sum of money out in the farms, but here in town, it wouldnt last for too long. The small iron gate squeaks as the guards rushes him in, closing the gate quickly before the bandits arrived. The town wall was a conglomerate of palisade and trench on the peasants quarter, magnificent crumbling marble on the old quarter, and newly built stone walls on the merchants, artisans, and noble quarters.

-Rocco

After venturing a few feet into the mine, Rocco hears some voices.

"Yeh, we were given a licking back there. I wish they would come down here, to our turf. Then we'd teach them a lesson."

-Nex

The bear is swayed by your soothing playing, but when you stop and stick your slightly curled hands toward it, the bear bites your middle finger off.

+0.1 Musicianship

i run down the road past the brush fire, to get out of the fire before it spreads.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I search for a local inn

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Rocco

As Rocco begin to descend down into the mine, his foot knocks some loose rocks down into the cavern below. It makes a huge echoing sound, alerting the bandits. From their alarmed hollers, you deduce that there are at least five bandits, if not more.

-Archi

Archi takes the left fork to avoid the fire. After several minutes of walking, he encounters a mother bear guarding her wounded cub in the middle of the road.

-Earth

Earth runs for a while until he reaches an abandoned mine. Shouts seem to be coming from inside.

-Pieis

Theros meets Earth outside the abandoned mine (you took the right path, right?)

-Icu

After walking into the town, Icu comes across an intersection. He decides to take a left, as that is where most of the people are walking.

After some aimless wandering on the main street, you arrive in the peasant’s square. Street vendors advertise their wares on makeshift stalls, while in the corner, several peasants wait for employment.

A small inn can be found on the main road close to the peasant’s square, known as the Horseheads Inn. Its windows have been broken out and the steps to the door were crumbled.

i head into the mine with my dagger out. (arch, wanna be a healing team, scince we know what can heal things?)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Common sense says back away along the path I came(thus avoiding twigs and such) at normal walking speed if she hasn't seen me.

If she has I check to see what type of sickle I have and back away at a moderately slower speed.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I enter the inn.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I attempt to reclaim the finger, then head in the direction of Archi while ripping a piece of cloth off of my tunic to tightly tie the finger back in place.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Theros says quietly, "Oh, great. I've got a bow and arrows, which are useless to me because my arm is busted. There's a massive forest fire blooming behind me, and an "abandoned" mine full of robbers near me. So..... I think I'm gonna run."

Theros then runs further down the path (if there still is a path.)

a70c7.png

-Earth and Rocco

Earth enters the mine with his dagger, where he sees Rocco behind a large rock. Rocco fires an arrow at a bandit, but misses. Before he has a chance to reload, the bandit catches him in the side with a dagger, while another bandit starts fighting with you. Rocco starts bleeing heavily, and it seems more bandits are coming.

-Archi

Archi backs away from the bear, but the mother bear doesn't seem interested in chasing you. He notices that he has a terrible "peasant's sickle", made out of cast iron.

-Icu

The inn is a rather small place, but seems rather well kept. There are many people drinking ale and making a ruckus on the righthand corner, while the other side near the bar is rather quiet. After pulling up a stool, the slightly chubby innkeeper's wife greets you kindly. "Ah, welcome to the Horseheads! We're glad to have you here. Are you from around these parts?"

-Nex

Nex quickly backs away from the bear after reclaiming the maimed pieces of his finger. He crudely ties it on.

-Theros

The path seems to end at the mine, but Theros remembers that there is a left fork in the road.

i start stabbing at the bandit attacking us, and yell at rocco "get the hell back and shoot from a distance!"

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]