Temporary Dungeoneering

Retech

Welcome to the remake of Dungeoneering!

The setting of the world is a medieval-fantasy kinda time period. This means all your favorite killing devices like the axe, mace, sword, bow, quarterstaff, and others are in style! Here's a nice little information thingy to fill out to help me out:

Username:

Character name:

Description (it's actually really helpful to choose a distinctive trait!):

History (please remember that you are starting in a recently destroyed farming community, sooooo yah):

Unique quality (see below):

Now everyone usually has something special about them. Many of the great wizards and sorcerers of our time had a talent for controlling the elements, which usually led to a quick rise to power. These traits won't be hugely determative and after the first few levels, you'll practically forget about them, but it gives you a start.

[insert basic element here] talent - Gives extremely basic ability to use said element. (Spark a fire, create some water, etc) This might cause a teacher to go "ZOMG" and encourages them to take you on as a student in that particular field. It is quite possible to learn magic and find a teacher without this, but it is generally harder.

Or

Choose a combat related skill to start with 1.0 levels in (Swordsmanship, Archery, Combat Medic, etc)

-------

[hide=Rocco]

Username: Rocco

Character name: Rocco

Description: Tall. Skinny. Dark brown hair. Big scar from his temple, along his jawline, to his chin

History: Did some farming and hunted on the side.

Unique quality (see below): 1.0 Archery

Equipment:

Hunting bow

17 Stone arrows

Leather Sack

5 Gold Pieces

Statistics:

1.3 Archery

[/hide]

[hide=Earth]

Username: Earth

Name: Earth

Description: Not posted

History: After dealing with most of the daily blisters, sprains, and breaks on the farm, Earth knew his way around the medical kit.

Unique Quality: 1.0 Medic

Equipment:

One dagger

Leather Sack

Statistics:

0.2 Knives and Daggers

1.4 Medic

[/hide]

[hide=Pieis]

Character name: Theros Pherae

Description: Short teenager with blonde mullet hair. Has a scar on his chest shaped like an X.

History: He was your non-typical farm kid - he did all his farm chores, but in whatever free time he could get, he was learning how to jump up and off walls. His parents thought this a little odd, and scolded him for it. They were rather shocked when he managed to jump up to the hay loft, and immediately ordered him to stop. However, they aren't exactly around to scold him about it any more, so he does it anyways.

Unique quality: 1.0 Acrobatics

Equipment:

Hunting bow

20 Stone arrows

Leather Sack

Statistics:

1.2 Acrobatics (Climbing specialty)

[/hide]

[hide=Edel]

Username: Edelwiess

name: Baron. Reginald Ponce The Magnificent Bastard (Nickname)

History: Reginald used to be the richest baron in the land, he used to be able to order the deaths of many at his will and lived a life of luxury living in heaps of wealth, meaningless sex and authority. Little did he know that darkness was around the corner: civil rights protesters pushed him out of his job and castle and instating something that he didn't like.... a democracy. He only had a suitcase filled with the finest armarni suits, lots of robes and top hats and other rich clothing. For the last two months he's had to live in a farm community looking down on the rest of the peasants there.

Description: Rude, Narcassitic, Selfish, Slightly underweight from refusing nothing but well cooked foods. Otherwise he has short black hair, he needs to wear a moncole and walks with a penguin like gait.

Unique Quality: 1.0 Acrobatics

Equipment:

Iron Chainmail

5 Gold pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

1.0 Acrobatics (Jumping specialty)

0.2 Knives and Daggers

[/hide]

[hide=Icu]

Username: Icuownage

Character name: Kisho

Description : Around 16 years of age, Kisho has medium long straight hair with crimson eyes, his features are rather foriegn compared to everyone else around him, he has a tear drop tattoo under his eye.

History : Hailing from the eastern region of the world, Kisho and his family were a bunch of refugees escaping a war that destroyed his home. He and his family moved to the outskirts of the large city in order to start a new farm and a new life. After only a few years on the ranch, a horrible tragedy happened. Raiders came and destroyed his farm. Kisho was just able to escape to the city and has been living as a poor boy ever since.

Unique quality (see below): Illusion magic

Equipment:

Peasant's Sword

4 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

6 Silver pieces

8 Copper Pieces

Statistics:

Illusion Magic Talent

[/hide]

[hide=Ross]

Username: Ross

Character name: Ares Biahorae (HURRAH FOR LACK OF EFFORT)

Description: Shoulder length, black hair, tall, with an average build, if a little on the thin side, has an eyepatch due to being blind in one eye from an accident, and his other eye is grey/blue.

History: Ares didn't really fit in with the villages other people, prefering to stay inside and read, although he did get over that in the months before the destruction of the village. He made friends for the first time only to see them cut down or driven away soon afterwards, leaving him rather cynical and depressing to be around when he is acting normally. He tries not to let it affect those around him and is generally seen as a fairly happy person. His left eye was damaged when the village was destroyed, due to being caught by a knife.

Unique quality (see below): Air magic

Equipment:

Clawed gloves

5 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

Air magic Talent

Air magic 0.2

[/hide]

[hide=Grim]

Username: Grimdeath283

Character name: Grim

Description : Of medium build with nothing all too impressive about his brown hair and eyes he gained quite a few scars in the fight against the raiders concentrating mostly upon his left arm and chest. He wears some leather clothing and has a distinctly sociopathic personality (essentially chaotic evil)

History: Grim awoke in the shambles of the village with a lump on his head and his wounds (that turned to scars) bandaged with absolutely no memory of what happened before.

Unique quality: Light magic

Equipment:

Spear

5 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

Light magic talent

[/hide]

[hide=Nex]

Username: Nexaduro

Character name: I don't want fellow players calling me by it, considering they wouldn't know, so just go with my player name in the reports for now.

Description (it's actually really helpful to choose a distinctive trait!): Dull gold hair, with similar eyes and pale skin. Carries a wooden quarterstaff ornately banded with a dark steel (essentially, just a quarterstaff) and appears to be somewhere in his late teens or early twenties. About 6', moderately thin but not gangly.

History: He turned up on the riverside several years ago, wearing an odd, scorched steel breastplate as well as ornate robes. He was covered in ash, a mangled and once ornate metal contraption of some sort connected to the back of his armour, inlaid with a strange, cracked jewel. He was coughing and yelling to unseen comrades to "Aid him against the demon," and eventually fell completely unconscious. He woke up occasionally while being cared for by some of the more generous and well-off farmers, never speaking and shying away from contact, seemingly especially terrified of children. After he regained his health, he began working on the farm with those who helped his recovery. Unfortunately, he never spoke again, and it was assumed that he is unable to because of some sort of damage caused by inhalation of the ash covering his body when he was found. He often didn't need to, and made his demands clear through gesticulation and nodding. He is apparently able to read and write, his adopted family often spotting him writing in a journal. No one was ever able to read the journal, as he was fiercely protective of its contents. He was devastated by the loss of his family, and seeks to find a new home in the world. He has an affinity for music, particularly the lute, and tutored several of the older villagers in music so that they, in turn, could teach the children he feared to look upon. None of the musical students survived, though ironically most of the instruments were salvaged.

Unique quality (see below): Sound Magic

Equipment:

Quarterstaff

Peasant's lute

5 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

Sound magic talent

Peasant's lute talent

Dumb (cannot speak)

0.1 Musicianship

[/hide]

[hide=Trol]

Username: Trol

Character name: Leiowaen 'Leio" Mielo (LEEOwaen MIello)

Description: Roughly 18 years of age, medium straight blond hair, slightly pointed ears, chin and nose, slender but toned, just over 6". Has a scar just above the thumb nail on his left hand from a bowstring accident.

History - Found in a forest as an infant by a group of hunters, Leio was raised by the village. He developed skill in archery as a boy, and after an accident with a breaking bowstring, began to fletch bows and arrows. At age 13, he witnessed his adoptive parents murdered by a band of raiding goblins. He learned to channel his rage into healing the injured and became proficient in rudimentary healing magic. Rumors in the village say that he is at least part elven, a race that seems to have left this forsaken area.

Skills - 1 archery, 1 healing magic.

Equipment:

Hunting Bow

20 Stone arrows

5 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

[/hide]

[hide=Archi]

Username: Archi

Character name: Archi

Description: Looks like an Apothecary.

History: Was the village doctor/shaman/person in charge of the herbs.

Unique quality: 1.0 Herblore

Equipment:

Peasant Spectacles

Herb Bag (Poor)

Sickle

2 Gold Pieces

9 Silver Pieces

Leather Sack

2 Common Mushrooms

1 Whistling Mushroom

Statistics:

1.1 Herblore

[/hide]

[hide=Ieyfura]

Username: Ieyfura

Character name: Ieyfura

Description+History: Green eyes that seemed vacant stared off into the night, the moonlight adding a small lusterous glow to them. Her slim figure, famished yet soft, was hidden in her peasants' attire. The dull colored dress firmly hugged her figure as she sat there, pondering the events that recently transpired(sp?). Long, unkept, black hair streamed down around her face, giving it a touch of sorrow. A small ring decorated her smooth lips, which appeared to share the same attitude as her eyes. The loss of her husband and child reeled through her mind, wracking her head with torment; completely unnoticed by those around her.

Unique quality: 1.0 Herblore

Equipment:

Peasant Spectacles

Herb Bag (Poor)

Sickle

5 Gold Pieces

Leather Sack

Statistics:

1.0 Herblore

[/hide]

------------------

First response to everyone:

Following the attack and destruction of the village by mysterious raiders, the remaining villagers huddle beside several campfires outside the village. Most of the village's crops had been destroyed and the village granary was raided. As dawn approached on the first day of your adventure, the village elder gathered everyone around the large bonfire for a meeting.

"We have all experienced loss from this attack. Many have lost family members and our village is in shambles. Our remaining food stocks are too low to support us through the coming winter and it is too late to plant more. That is why I have asked the younger members of the village to travel to the large city of Avernum to make a living. Each will receive thirty gold coins, a basic weapon/tool of their choice, the clothes on their back, and a sack to carry it in. We mourn the loss of our brightest members, but everyone must make sacrifices."

After a teary farewell, the village elder puts his hand on all of your shoulders. "Is there anything you want to do before you head out on the road?"

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"no. thank you for your kindness, sir." i say. i then proceed to take a dagger and follow rocco.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Username: Grimdeath283

Character name: Grim

Description : Of medium build with nothing all too impressive about his brown hair and eyes he gained quite a few scars in the fight against the raiders concentrating mostly upon his left arm and chest. He wears some leather clothing and has a distinctly sociopathic personality (essentially chaotic evil)

History: Grim awoke in the shambles of the village with a lump on his head and his wounds (that turned to scars) bandaged with absolutely no memory of what happened before.

Unique quality: Lightning magic

Grim takes a spear and heads down the road with the rest of the party

LNYvk.png

-Everyone

After following the dirt road for half an hour, the party reaches a fork. The entire area is full of trees: perfect for bandits and raiders. As it has rained rather recently, many footsteps are seen imprinted into the dirt road, heading on the right fork. The elder seems to have never said anything about this fork before.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

"any reason we are splitting up so early?" i head with Ares on the left path.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Unique Quality is Magically aided Jumping

Why is this Temporary, their is no reason to merge this into the other D'neering thread because all information before this is irrelevant, we could do it afterwoods but it would be better to keep this on its own for now.

Reginald was angry, nothing ever seemed to stay with him. He used to be a rich castle owner until he got thrown out, atleast he still had his magical power of jumping higher than any man, this would be great in coconut foraging.

"Oh dear god, can't you people do anything right!" He vocallised to the people who he believed were below him. he took a large bowie knife out of the bag and placed it down his trousers.

Reginald nodded at the man while takng the coins and clearly stated that he didn't want to spend another minute in what he described as a "[cabbage]-hole" He joined the others and walked off.

Reginald said

"Lets try and go to the footsteps and humanity, they will probably have food and alcohol"

but wasn't so strong to his claim and followed Ares across the left fork.

[Falador tavern]

I pick sword.

I go down the left fork too.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Leftforkers

After waving goodbye to Rocco, the majority of the party began walking down the left fork of the dirt road, probaly reasoning that the path least traveled is likely to keep them safe from bandits. A mother grizzly seems to be holding the dirt road ahead of the party, and doesn't appear willing to budge.

-Rocco

The rest of the party leaves you for the left path, leaving you to travel on your own. You spot a smoldering campfire off to the side of the road, which has started a small fire in the brush nearby. It seems the campfire was recently put out.

-Edel

After getting your nice clothes muddy, you finally reach a fork in the road. Lots of footsteps appear to be going in both directions now. (I didn't see your edit. Just look at the leftforkers one :D)

"y'know. im going to help that archer who went to the elft.. he's not going to be all that good by himself. specially with jsut a simple hunting bow" i say. i head back down to the fork, and head to the right this time.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

No you're meant to make yourself look big.

I flap my arms up and try to use my illusion magic to make myself appear larger than I really am.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

"ugh! these clothes are muddy... hey a bear" He said, elongating the last three words loudly.

He remembered what to do, you need to make yourself really big.

"EVERYONE MAKE YOURSELVES BIG!!"

He screamed and he unbuttoned his double breasted jacket and opened it up making the double breasted jacket make him appear larger.

[Falador tavern]

-Ross

Ares drops to the floor while intently watching the bear. She seems to be caring for her baby cub, who seems to be laying helplessly with blood in its fur.

-Icu and Edel

You promptly make a fool of yourself by acting really big, but the bear only watches you carefully.

-Rightforkers

Everyone hears a rustling in the bushes on the edge of the road, before two hapless bandits with daggers stumble into view. After several futile attempts at putting out the fire, they spot the party.

"Aha, we have found some cows to milk, haven't we?"

They begin advancing with their daggers drawn.

Grim curses and hefts his spear. He shouts "You now have a choice before you; You can fight and die or You can flee and live!" As he does so he runs a current of electricity through the spear.

LNYvk.png

"meh. not very good. they may be half wits, but we do have more primitive weapory.." i advance slowly, with my dagger out, ready to stab when they make a move.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

:o Anyone who hurts that cub dies O_O.

Though it wont trust us.

I try and get a little closer look of the cub.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

The bear is hurt:

"The Bear seems to be hurt" Reginald whispered.

Now, we should kill it so it can't harm us.

Reginald approched the bear, taking the knife out of his trousers, he made a small highish pitched humming because bears and other animals can be calmed down this way. He smashed the bowie knife through the bears skull and sceamed for the two others to get the cub and he'd explain later.

The cub is hurt: I slowly back away a bit and attempt a spell I saw wizard do once which resulted in the target setting on firing.

If I get attacked I magically attempt to jump out of the way and in a squatted position thats going to be extremly easy.

[Falador tavern]

...retech, if something goes wrong, pelase tell me you arent going to be too harsh?..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]