Temporary Dungeoneering

Retech

-Grim

Grim hefts his spear and shouts his ultamatum. Unfortunately, the spear is a terrible conductor of electricity and his uncontrolled power heats up the wood of the spear, searing his hand. Grim cries out in pain, before almost being stabbed in the eye by one of the bandit's knives.

-Earth

The second bandit begins moving towards Earth. The two combatants stab at the same time, catching each other in the left arm. They both back away from each other and begin to clutch their injuries.

+0.1 Knives

-Icu

The mother bear growls at you, but doesn't act. The cubs hind left leg seems to have been impaled by an arrow, probaly from a hunter.

-Ross

Ares begins sneaking down the side of the road, before the bear pounces. It barely misses, but Ares loses his balance, making him fall into the brush near the road, where he is bitten by a small snake. The mother bear returns to her cub, watching Icu warily.

-Pieis

Theros tries to jump between two trees, but the dirt road is just a bit too wide, making you fall into the brush beside the road.

-Edel

Edel begins making high pitched humming noises and inching closer to the bear. The mother bear growls aggressively before biting a chunk out of Edel's leg and pinning him to the ground. His arms are trapped beneath the bear's paws.

(Still considering it Grim)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why you dont aproach a high strung mother BEAR. one of the msot dangerous and extremley maternal creatures youd end up with. nowww... i try to feint his injured left side, then stab at him through his opened right side. "grim, pick up your spear! unless you want to die!"

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sorry but my internet is really shaky at the moment. So the session is over for today, but I'll be having one or two tomorrow. :thumbup:

You can go ahead and post your actions, which I will reply to tomorrow when we start.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

For a change it isn't me getting killed!

I will wait for the other two to post actions before I act.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Grim curses and attemtps to knock the enemy about with the but of the spear if he is close and then stab him with the...pointy bit of the spear. If that is not an option he thrusts at the enemy with the point and if the enemy is too close for either of those tactics he back hands him with an electrical charge on his hand before stabbing with the spear.

EDIT: Preserving for the next session

LNYvk.png

I try to use illusion magic to make the bear think I'm further away than I am, and try to walk past.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

This would be a lot less confusing if it wasn't merged with Dungeoneering, as your "first post" would be near impossible to find if we merged it with Dungeoneering, and where the story would start would be hard to find.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Its all clutter Rocco, its better to have a small thread then a large thread filled with junk. Its the most [developmentally delayed]ed thing I've ever heard to want a 1000 page thread because it would be a little bit cool.

[Falador tavern]

Your seperating the new dungeoneering thread which is completly unrelated to the first one in the fact that we are starting again from the second one.

Their is no argument, its stupid to merge them together for the sake of you wanting a long paged thread.

[Falador tavern]

I've unlocked the Dungeoneering thread. If you all want to move this thread to there by reposting the first post, etc. you now have that option. If not, continue using this thread.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Because if anyone join in later they won't know where to start? We might get new users, what with Retech's posting in OT.

Username: Nexaduro

Character name: I don't want fellow players calling me by it, considering they wouldn't know, so just go with my player name in the reports for now.

Description (it's actually really helpful to choose a distinctive trait!): Dull gold hair, with similar eyes and pale skin. Carries a wooden quarterstaff ornately banded with a dark steel (essentially, just a quarterstaff) and appears to be somewhere in his late teens or early twenties. About 6', moderately thin but not gangly.

History: He turned up on the riverside several years ago, wearing an odd, scorched steel breastplate as well as ornate robes. He was covered in ash, a mangled and once ornate metal contraption of some sort connected to the back of his armour, inlaid with a strange, cracked jewel. He was coughing and yelling to unseen comrades to "Aid him against the demon," and eventually fell completely unconscious. He woke up occasionally while being cared for by some of the more generous and well-off farmers, never speaking and shying away from contact, seemingly especially terrified of children. After he regained his health, he began working on the farm with those who helped his recovery. Unfortunately, he never spoke again, and it was assumed that he is unable to because of some sort of damage caused by inhalation of the ash covering his body when he was found. He often didn't need to, and made his demands clear through gesticulation and nodding. He is apparently able to read and write, his adopted family often spotting him writing in a journal. No one was ever able to read the journal, as he was fiercely protective of its contents. He was devastated by the loss of his family, and seeks to find a new home in the world. He has an affinity for music, particularly the lute, and tutored several of the older villagers in music so that they, in turn, could teach the children he feared to look upon. None of the musical students survived, though ironically most of the instruments were salvaged.

Unique quality (see below): 1.0 Sound Magic

I roughlydraw a lute (not a flute, it's a string instrument) on the ground with a stick in response to the elder's question. After recieving the instrument, I bow to him and hurry up the path, going down the left fork.

Also, can you rename threads Doom? Or can the admins?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Never tried a game like this before, so Ill need help.

Username: Trol

Character name: Leiowaen 'Leio" Mielo (LEEOwaen MIello)

Description: Roughly 18 years of age, medium straight blond hair, slightly pointed ears, chin and nose, slender but toned, just over 6". Has a scar just above the thumb nail on his left hand from a bowstring accident.

History - Found in a forest as an infant by a group of hunters, Leio was raised by the village. He developed skill in archery as a boy, and after an accident with a breaking bowstring, began to fletch bows and arrows. At age 13, he witnessed his adoptive parents murdered by a band of raiding goblins. He learned to channel his rage into healing the injured and became proficient in rudimentary healing magic. Rumors in the village say that he is at least part elven, a race that seems to have left this forsaken area.

Skills - 1 archery, 1 healing magic.

Equipment - 1 hunting bow, 20 stone tip arrows.

(am I doing this right?)

Leio runs after the group, after being convinced by the elders that the village was no place for him. Seeing the fork in the road, he notices that the majority of the footsteps lead left. He follows the path and sees the group up ahead, and then jumps in shock at the sight of a bear. He sees that [wagon] Edel on the ground, with a chunk missing from his leg. He immediately tears a strip from his long cloth shirt, and motions for Edel to crawl towards him.

Your doing it fine but your only allowed one skill and ability at the moment, you have to learn them through out the game, so either choose a skill or a unique ability like wall jumping.

Your also not allowed a chisel, you are allowed one weapon.

Otherwise your doing great.

[Falador tavern]

-Earth

Earth feigns attacking his opponents left side, but his opponent is too stupid to notice and strikes again. He catches you in the right arm, making you drop your dagger. However, you stab him in the throat as he is lunging, killing him instantly.

+0.1 Knives and Daggers

-Theros

Theros discovers his arm is dislocated. Then he finds two trees in the brush that he jumps between until he reaches the top. He spots a ferocious mother bear on the left fork of the road, while he spots several people fighting with basic weapons on the right fork.

+0.1 Acrobatics

-Ross

Ares runs along the side of the road in panic, accidentally ending up past the bear. The snake bite doesn't feel serious, but blood is still flowing from the wound.

-Grim

The bandit runs off into the forest after his comrade is killed. Unfortunately, you miss hitting him as he is running.

-Edel

I start reacting to the actions right after they are posted, so I might have missed your edit.

-Icu

Icu tries to make himself seem farther away, but in reality, the botched job just made him look smaller. The bear takes a powerful swipe across your chest, knocking you into the brush, where you are bitten by a snake.

-Rocco

As one of the bandits was killed and the other is running, you fire an arrow at the fleeing bandit. It misses slightly.

-Nex

Nex receives a lute from the village elder, as he probaly feels sympathy for the fact that Nex cannot speak. Nex rushes down the road after the others until he encounters a mother bear and her wounded cub, with a wounded person on the road and another one in the bush.

-Trol

You see Nex walking beside you for a while until you reach the bear. Edel seems to be staying quite still.

i pick up my dagger, while looking for herbs to patch up any wounds.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I will be posting a map of the town once you get there and do a bit of exploring. It'll be EXTREMELY ROUGH, but if you want to keep editing it to keep track of some things, that would be helpful for you.

Also, I will respond throughout the day if there are three actions. :thumbup:

I grab said snake and chuck it at the cub of the grizzly. IF it is distracted with the snake I run past. If it isn't then I stay.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I'd be willing to make a map, if anyones seen my past maps they can be pretty easy to read, do you want me to include villages or civlisation at all. Once I've made it you can add or remove from it.

Anyway, I use my magically aided jumping to jump backwards out of the bears way and scream for help from someone with healing powers.

[Falador tavern]

Can you please include my actions in the game, i've made a sort of idea of what I wll do.

Primary objective: Follow Ross, make imperialist comments, set fire to things.

Basically, I will follow Ross wherever he goes unless its a cave or other steretotypically scary place like a castle. If I see any monster I will run as far away from it as I can but keep Ross in my sight so I can follow him. If I see anything shiny I take it as fast as I can before anyone else can. If I see a wizard I act really respectfully to him and ask for stuff.

If the bear is still their I attempt to use fire magic to burn them both. If I get any bruises or bumps or cuts try to wrap it up with a bit of my ripped up sack than ask for a healer to come and help me.

Basically i'm Botting the game because i'm at webdesign confrence thing.

[Falador tavern]

edel, the fire thing int going to go well. anyways, i search for medical supplies to patch up peoples wounds.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]