Temporary Dungeoneering

Retech

"Uh.. Just from a farm near here, was recently destroyed."

"Can I have some food and drink please" I smile.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Working with Nex I cut across country, keeping a mindful eye out for herbs and such. Once we figure we have bypassed the bear we carry on to the town.

While walking I talk to Nex, making general small talk.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Theros also remembers that there was a seemingly angry bear and a forest fire in the direction from whence he came.

Sighing, he creeps into the cave, holding an arrow as a sort of makeshift dagger.

"There had better be a medic in here...."

a70c7.png

-Earth

(There are like five bandits btw)

As Earth fights with the bandit attacking him, another bandit leaps into the fray, delivering a kick to Earth's abdomen. Soon, the two bandits are on top of Earth, pinning him to the ground. One of them has his knife on his throat.

"Don't EVER come into our turf again. As the fee for letting you out alive, we will be taking your money."

-Icu

"Those raiders have been acting up recently. I wonder if there is something wrong with them! Well dearie, we have a loaf of bread for two copper pieces. There's also some fine beef for three silver pieces, and a mug of ale for two copper pieces."

(One gold pieces = 100 Copper or 10 silver)

-Archi

The dirt road seems to have been through a forest. The brush on the side is teaming with snakes and bugs, making it difficult to traverse.

-Theros

Theros realizes that the forest fire is on the right fork, and the bear is on the left fork. After creeping into the cave, Theros is waylaid by a bandit. His arrow breaks in his hand after accidentally snapping it while the bandit tackles him, knocking Theros to the ground and pinning him.

"Don't EVER come into our turf again. As the fee for letting you out alive, we will be taking your money."

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Beef and ale please :)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I carefully continue playing the lute with my non-maimed hand after strapping the quarterstaff to my back. I walk down the road towards the village.

Also, when I'm away from the bear I check my money.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, I am actually reducing the number of gold pieces everyone started out with to five, since I just realized how cheap things were. :thumbup:

-Theros

After jumping up two trees, Theros notes the huge forest fire on the right hand side of the right fork, and the walls of a large town at the end of the left fork.

-Rocco

A bandit tackles Rocco, before knocking him out cold. Rocco awakens at the fork, where he sees the forest fire is spreading. Checking in his leather sack, he finds that his gold coins are missing, and his shirt is in bad condition.

-Archi

After slugging through thorns and snake-infested brush, Archi winds up on the road, past the vicious bear.

-Icu

Icu hands over a gold coin. A few minutes later, the innkeeper's wife returns with six silver pieces, eight copper pieces, and your meal. The food is delicious. However, you notice a bar fight in the righthand corner of the inn.

"We have rooms if you'd like to stay here. We charge five silver pieces a day."

-Nex

If you continued down the road, you encounter the same bear. If you followed Archi, then you are now on the road on the side of the bear closest to the village.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Edit in mine?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I keep the lute out, staying off the main road while heading to the village and playing soothing music to any animal I encounter. I store my money inside the lute (it has a hole in it like a guitar).

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I draw my sword

"There will be no fighting here! You're ruining the humble atmosphere, and that is... Pissing me off."

It's a REALLY big shaft.

rocco, this is why you DONT GO INTO A BANDITS HOME BASE. i head out of the mine, and walk down the road.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

-Rocco

(Based on everything, you were supposed to have died, but I didn't think of a death mechanic thing yet, so yah. :))

You encounted the mother bear. Despite firing an arrow which hits the bear, it doesn't seem to want to move from its cub.

+0.1 Archery

-Archi and Nex

Meanwhile, Archi doesn't manage to find anything

It is around noon and your stomachs growl at you. The five gold coins that the departing villagers were given had been a pretty hefty sum of money out in the farms, but here in town, it wouldnt last for too long. The small iron gate squeaks as the guards rush you in, closing the gate quickly before the bandits arrived. The town wall was a conglomerate of palisade and trench on the peasants quarter, magnificent crumbling marble on the old quarter, and newly built stone walls on the merchants, artisans, and noble quarters.

-Pieis

Theros reaches the fork.

-Icu

"There will be no fighting here! You're ruining the humble atmosphere, and that is... Pissing me off."

A swordsman and a wizard walk up to you menacingly, brandishing their respective weapons (sword and staff).

Wizard: Well what do we have here? A country boy, eh?

Swordsman: He doesn't even know how to hold his sword correctly.

They say in unison. "Do you really want to mess with us?"

-Earth

Earth reaches the fork.

when you can barley fire a bow, i dont even know how to use a dagger in any usefull way, and pie is.. i dont know, do you think its a good idea to take on bandits?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

okay.. i head down the left path, while bandaging myelf with cloth strips or plants.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

"Not really, but I don't think anyone here wants to listen to you two make a scene, can you atleast take it somewhere where you wont hurt someone else?"

It's a REALLY big shaft.

oh fine. i splint pies broken arm as well.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I go to the inn, looking for a wizard or mage who could heal my finger.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

-Rocco

Rocco's tiny arrows knock the bear's pain threshold over the edge, causing her to careen over. Upon further inspection, there is already a huge battleaxe lodged in its underbelly. The wounded cub goes to hug its mother.

+0.1 Archery

-Earth

Earth patches up his wounds, while splinting Theros' broken arm. Unfortunately, his medical skills were sub-par, and the broken arm still hurts like hell.

+0.2 Medic

-Icu

The swordsman quickly disarms Kisho, before leaving with his wizardly friend. Some of the bar patrons laugh at him, before going back to their drinking and carousing. A few of the bar patrons help him to his feet.

"Don't mind them. They are just rowdy adventurers. Not even that high grade, if they're coming to this inn."

-Archi

The area near the village seems to be devoid of any plant life, except for the generic grains. However, Archi manages to find an anthill.

-Theros

His arm is splinted, but it still hurts a lot.

-Nex

On the way in, Nex bumps into a wizard leaving the inn.