Undo

As many other Forums have it, I'm extremely pleased this Forum does not! :thumbsup:

Please keep it that way, as I think it ruins the Community - Especially when people rank you down for no reason!):

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

:thumbdown:

Yeh, I agree and I certiantly can imagine people going through a member's (who they dislike) posts and rating them all down, it just never seems to work. Moderators get high ratings for simply being moderators and people who do silly little things like spelling things badly or using bad gramar are rated down.

It simply doesn't work.

Also people will rate up opinions not quality of posts and moderators and admins will get high ratings when they are rude to members who are seen as trolls or unpopular, like when a mod bans someone and everyone starts saying "Wow, your epic"

[Falador tavern]

Expected a post supporting a reputation system. :razz:

Personally I can care less because it doesn't affect me either way.

Same, I actually searched for hex's post... Then I read it. :roll:

You "couldn't care less". If you "could care less" or "can care less", that means you care.

But yeah, forums are fine as they are, reputation free.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeh, I agree and I certiantly can imagine people going through a member's (who they dislike) posts and rating them all down, it just never seems to work. Moderators get high ratings for simply being moderators and people who do silly little things like spelling things badly or using bad gramar are rated down.

It simply doesn't work.

Also people will rate up opinions not quality of posts and moderators and admins will get high ratings when they are rude to members who are seen as trolls or unpopular, like when a mod bans someone and everyone starts saying "Wow, your epic"

Exactly .:/

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

You "couldn't care less". If you "could care less" or "can care less", that means you care.

But yeah, forums are fine as they are, reputation free.

You get what I mean :-P

j0xPu5R.png

It simply doesn't work.

Exactly .:/

I was commenting on how people who are rude to unpopular people will get their rating up therfore incouraging rudeness to unpopular people.

Whats the exactly, everything I said in my post above was negative.

What did Hex say or is this an Injoke?

[Falador tavern]

Reputation can sometimes be a good thing, but it usually ends up being a game for other members.

i.e. people with high reputation get all their posts +'s just to see how high it will go, and people with low reputation will get all their posts -'s to see how low it will go.

chiselsignature.png

What did Hex say or is this an Injoke?

He suggested we get a reputation system, and it was obviously shot down, so I was going to use it as an 'this has been tried recently, see here' example thingy.

+1 to this thread... Those danged reputation systems are pure evil. <_<

<*Leaves a fresh bag of Chocolate Chip Cookies for Ms. 'Undo' and walks off elsewhere*>

~D. V. "TIF = better w/o reputation system" Devnull

(p.s.: In case anyone's curious, I'm passing cookies out at random to people... maybe you'll be next?)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Whether a system exists to give people a false sense of positive or negative reputation, reputation does exist on these forums. No matter if a system is in place our past actions and current actions will always influence how others see us - and at times the past can be difficult to escape.

We feel that our users have developed there own reputation system - mentally - and thus act accordingly, using the system to supplement that is just going to cause misgiving feelings in a popularity race that makes your average american highschool look mature.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln