02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

I'm kind of amused they're delaying the update again...

It's like metametadelaying. I heard you like delays so I'll delay our delay's delay so you can wait while we delay delays of delays. :shades:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the hardest things about working for a game company has to be the fact that many of your customers have yet to do anything with their life. They have never had a real job with real responsibilities. They have never been charged with producing a product or service on time and on budget. They have never personally witnessed the difficulty of accomplishing any kind of team result outside of the throwing or kicking of a ball. They have never paid rent, utilities or insurance; nor have they ever paid for a meal with their own hard-earned money. It must be hard to hear these unaccomplished voices critique and damn every perceived false move. It must be hard to listen to lengthy lists of your business failures from people who have never supervised a job assignment in their life. If I worked for a game company it would be all I could do to tell many of my customers to .

Sorry folks, it had to be said.

I'm kind of amused they're delaying the update again...

It's like metametadelaying. I heard you like delays so I'll delay our delay's delay so you can wait while we delay delays of delays. :shades:

Yeah, network issues are *SO* funny :thumbsup:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

We're currently experiencing some network issues out of our control. These have been raised and will hopefully be sorted soon.

Until this is resolved we can't send the game update out. We are still planning on releasing it today.

Thanks,

Mod nexus.

Looks like now the update is finally ready to be released the servers are giving them heck. Anyone else crashed? I wasn't able to log in for a while and got rolled back ~30 minutes because of the crash.

My friend got 99 runecrafting earlier today and they rolled him back to 98 :mrgreen:

He hates runecrafting and now he has to get those 39k exp again :shades:

or do pengs

I'd say assist on an effigy... get it in three days doing that.

One of the hardest things about working for a game company has to be the fact that many of your customers have yet to do anything with their life. They have never had a real job with real responsibilities. They have never been charged with producing a product or service on time and on budget. They have never personally witnessed the difficulty of accomplishing any kind of team result outside of the throwing or kicking of a ball. They have never paid rent, utilities or insurance; nor have they ever paid for a meal with their own hard-earned money. It must be hard to hear these unaccomplished voices critique and damn every perceived false move. It must be hard to listen to lengthy lists of your business failures from people who have never supervised a job assignment in their life. If I worked for a game company it would be all I could do to tell many of my customers to .

Sorry folks, it had to be said.

I assume, then, that critiques coming from players who have done all of those things are perfectly valid?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.