02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll just keep slaying, and if I get a clue scroll when it's close to my bedtime, I'm just gonna wait.

:P Rune (g) plate and 2 Rune Canes yesterday, so not bad! XD (No I didn't get a sneak of the update lol)

EDIT: Warning: Sarcasm galore.

[hide]I pity the fools who expected updates when they are “supposed” to happen. All the flames of rage signaled to Jagex (finaly) that a disclaimer was needed in place to remind players that the Behind the Scenes is meant to literally tell them what’s going on “behind the scenes.” More often than not in previous times, players were led to believe that the BTSes are a schedule Jagex have set upon themselves to release updates. While no specific dates were given, the fact that they state that “in this month” alone indicated to players that there will be updates. Players will even go so far as to state for themselves on what day these updates will occur.

It’s expectations like these that sicken me, expecations from the community around me that sicken me, especially when their response is nothing short of insults towards Jagex.

I am sick and tired of people whining about the expectations that they themselves have made out of context of the BTS. I am sick and tired of people raging over a delay that was explained in clear detail unlike some companies who simply delay with no word why. I am sick and tired of people who just don’t know when to quit complaining and accept that at least the company they are flaming right now is making an effort to even give updates in the first place!

YES I AM CONTRADICTING MYSELF BY WHINING ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE AND IT SUCKS!!!! OMG![/hide]Okay got that out of my system. That would be me going on a rage because I watched too many rants. :thumbsup:

Whining about whiners whining about whiners. Gee.

And no, I'm not whining about whiners whining about whiners whining about whiners.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Cut Jagex some slack id love to see you people who have never even seen programming code take a look at how complex something as huge as runescape's code is and then add something to it and have it work well not only graphically but on a whole spectrum of pcs/macs and and other operating systems with various states of upgrades to java. It's not easy to do what they do so stop whinning, STFU and quit if your not happy with the game they provide no one forces you to play it..... Ohh and if you don't want to quit but you do want want to cry about having to go 3 weeks without an update here is a virtual napkin to dry your eyes :cry: so you can :-# and i can =D>

To answer the poster above me i think its around afternoon time for England around 10-12 for Eastcoast USA and its late night for those in Asia, Austraila and NZ.

Signed. I've been programming for 80 years and damn is it hard. Jagex is breaking the barrier between impossible and reality by even releasing any working updates at all so we shouldn't really whine when there is a slight delay.

DEAL WITH IT

>Signed. I've been programming for 80 years and damn is it hard. Jagex is breaking the barrier between impossible and reality by even releasing any working updates at all so we shouldn't really whine when there is a slight delay.

> I've been programming for 80 years and damn is it hard.

> programming for 80 years

>80

wait wat

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

If a update is delayed they should just release another update in it's place.

For instance why couldn't we get the voids knight quest update in place of the TT update.

Honestly the quality and quantity of updates is just not there anymore.

I'm also mad at the dungeoning update why is it being released in smaller batches? :thumbdown:

Why couldn't all the floors be released at once they are apparently ready to go. :wall:

It would be more logical to have the skill cap raised to 120 for dungeon once the final floors were released with the max prestige.

Summoning batch 2 was to fix the skill. Dungeon batch 2 is just continuing the skill so they can pretend to have an update!

Jagex have gotten lazy.

If a update is delayed they should just release another update in it's place.

For instance why couldn't we get the voids knight quest update in place of the TT update.

Rolling development doesn't work that way. I would imagine that every update after Treasure Trails had the Z-buffering element in it already, so modifying that would take a little while.

Besides, it's only a few more days for you to wait. It's still August, go outside and enjoy what's left of your summer vacation (or have fun doing a winter activity if you're in the Southern Hemisphere).

Oh, and the code argument still holds. RuneScape is pretty complex to work with. So yeah.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Also from a couple pages back, the reason to play RS in secret if you're in college is so that you have even the slightest chance of getting laid.

Yay, I can play openly in college then. Back on topic, We'll find out tomorrow if this is going to be a no update week.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

lol @ people who complain about 6 dollars with so many other hours of gameplay available.

Anyone here who works at a restaurant knows that the product they make and sell for $6 takes considerably less time, effort, and frustration. Just saying, kids... if you are upset at the lack of a TT update because of technical issues, you remind me of

It's a game...

There's also the fact that runescapers tend to go overboard when there is the slightest issue with anything, so why would they release it with the problems...? :unsure:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

I guess I'll just keep slaying, and if I get a clue scroll when it's close to my bedtime, I'm just gonna wait.

:P Rune (g) plate and 2 Rune Canes yesterday, so not bad! XD (No I didn't get a sneak of the update lol)

EDIT: Warning: Sarcasm galore.

[hide]I pity the fools who expected updates when they are supposed to happen. All the flames of rage signaled to Jagex (finaly) that a disclaimer was needed in place to remind players that the Behind the Scenes is meant to literally tell them whats going on behind the scenes. More often than not in previous times, players were led to believe that the BTSes are a schedule Jagex have set upon themselves to release updates. While no specific dates were given, the fact that they state that in this month alone indicated to players that there will be updates. Players will even go so far as to state for themselves on what day these updates will occur.

Its expectations like these that sicken me, expecations from the community around me that sicken me, especially when their response is nothing short of insults towards Jagex.

I am sick and tired of people whining about the expectations that they themselves have made out of context of the BTS. I am sick and tired of people raging over a delay that was explained in clear detail unlike some companies who simply delay with no word why. I am sick and tired of people who just dont know when to quit complaining and accept that at least the company they are flaming right now is making an effort to even give updates in the first place!

YES I AM CONTRADICTING MYSELF BY WHINING ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE AND IT SUCKS!!!! OMG![/hide]Okay got that out of my system. That would be me going on a rage because I watched too many rants. :thumbsup:

Just FYI they also said that we would never go two weeks without updates, but here we are :wink:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

lol @ people who complain about 6 dollars with so many other hours of gameplay available.

Anyone here who works at a restaurant knows that the product they make and sell for $6 takes considerably less time, effort, and frustration. Just saying, kids... if you are upset at the lack of a TT update because of technical issues, you remind me of

It's a game...

There's also the fact that runescapers tend to go overboard when there is the slightest issue with anything, so why would they release it with the problems...? :unsure:

Lol@ someone who has a lot more gameplay left, from someone who has played all the minigames, done all quests, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's a game...

Lol@ someone who has a lot more gameplay left, from someone who has played all the minigames, done all quests, etc.

If you have no game play left how have you been playing recently? There is game play left, even for those who have done what they assume is everything, it just takes some imagination with other people, considering this is an MMO.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It's a game...

Yeah. Just because I have hours of Mining "gameplay" doesn't mean I enjoy that.

New Treasure trails are "tops." Understand that. They're above quests because they're like really simple quests in themselves with potentially huge rewards.

I don't know what entitles you to make such assholistic comments. It's a game, and for many people, it's missing the best part.

2dgucz6.png

This update is probably going to be very big, i mean the update engine + the new tt items.

I really hope it's tommorow :D

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

This update is probably going to be very big, i mean the update engine + the new tt items.

Engine update was delayed. They are releasing the TT update with the old engine this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine update was delayed. They are releasing the TT update with the old engine this week.

Right but sad conclusion.

Apparently some of the rewards needed that engine update, so now they're going to take those rewards of the list.

Tomorrow's update is Treasure trails part 1.5 then? This is getting familiar. :rolleyes:

If they needed another week to fix it, they should take that week and finish it, this is ridiculous.

Right but sad conclusion.

Apparently some of the rewards needed that engine update, so now they're going to take those rewards of the list.

Tomorrow's update is Treasure trails part 1.5 then? This is getting familiar. :rolleyes:

If they needed another week to fix it, they should take that week and finish it, this is ridiculous.

Can you cite that source? I can believe that, just I didn't see that post which had that in it. I'm probably missing something obvious though, thanks.

maulmachine4.png

Future Updates sticky for engine rollback confirmation, although I couldn't find any source for the removal of certain TT items.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Updates sticky for engine rollback confirmation, although I couldn't find any source for the removal of certain TT items.

That's what I thought, I'd think that it would be true, but haven't see it announced.

maulmachine4.png

I'm so over waiting for this. I've already waited the entire month and over the course of this time, had an energy drink to stay up the last few times. Inconvenience would be an understatement. I'm extremely disappointed in Jagex and I'm certainly not getting hyped up for future updates from now on. I don't rant much but this has really got me annoyed now.

What time in the day do updates come out? Assuming based on this it's early morning, but do they always do it around a specific time?

For me it's usually between 11 pm and 4 am new zealand time. Converted to london/jagex time, 12 pm - 5 pm. Though they say they try not to update past 4. Some updates have been as late as 6pm london time over there, so it varies, but mainly between 12pm - 2 pm london time is when updates usually come out.

I know it's not cool to rant and all guys, but honestly one stuff up is ok, it's human error, understandable. 2nd time is ok, not funny, but we'll get over it and hope for tomorrow as 'aimed for'. The 3rd time is ok, really not funny now, you're joking right? and wtf is going on material. I think people have a right to be let down after three delays :( I'm hoping it will even come out at this rate.

2vuhgcn.png

I'm so over waiting for this. I've already waited the entire month and over the course of this time, had an energy drink to stay up the last few times. Inconvenience would be an understatement. I'm extremely disappointed in Jagex and I'm certainly not getting hyped up for future updates from now on. I don't rant much but this has really got me annoyed now.

What time in the day do updates come out? Assuming based on this it's early morning, but do they always do it around a specific time?

For me it's usually between 11 pm and 4 am new zealand time. Converted to london/jagex time, 12 pm - 5 pm.

I know it's not cool to rant and all guys, but honestly one stuff up is ok, it's human error, understandable. 2nd time is ok, not funny, but we'll get over it and hope for tomorrow as 'aimed for'. The 3rd time is ok, really not funny now, you're joking right? and wtf is going on material. I think people have a right to be let down after three delays :( I'm hoping it will even come out at this rate.

I agree feeling let down is a normal thing to be, even being a bit annoyed. I do hope however that people understand why there are delays and don't instantly think Jagex are idiots. I hope people understand that software is a fickle and sometimes random feeling thing.

Rest assured though, that the best people are on the job of getting it fixed. I doubt there are any other people who know the games code and inner workings anywhere near as well, so there really is nobody better to get the update out.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

We do realize that Dan, we aren't calling JaGex stupid, well I'm not. We're just frustrated is all.

maulmachine4.png

We do realize that Dan, we aren't calling JaGex stupid, well I'm not. We're just frustrated is all.

I am a little to, but it is out of my control so it doesn't bother me too much, but that is me personally.

I assure you however, that there are a few users here who do just assume Jagex are idiots unfortunately.

zqXeV.jpg

I am a little to, but it is out of my control so it doesn't bother me too much, but that is me personally.

I assure you however, that there are a few users here who do just assume Jagex are idiots unfortunately.

Well those posts provide much needed humor :mrgreen:

maulmachine4.png

That's what I thought, I'd think that it would be true, but haven't see it announced.

"Because of this, we cannot launch the engine update as planned and, as such, we cannot launch the content update this week, since they are tied together by various graphical and scripting assets."

"As an example, it allows us to have player kit or animations which extend outside of the square on which your character is standing. It also allows for more complex models and a number of other improvements which weve been wanting to do for a while."

Those two combined made a lot of people (including me) think some rewards will include wearables with graphics larger than one tile and/or emote enhancers needing more than one tile.

Not mentioned explicitly though. (which would be stupid if they would admit this :razz: )