02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

We've had an unrelated graphical issue with the August BTS. It wasn't our fault, btw, completely unavoidable. Anyways, we should have it out at the beginning of next month. Thanks for being so patient.

-Jamflex

Most interesting update this month for me looks like last month's TT update. Should be interesting to have two game updates tomorrow though.

Another Quest and another D/G Update -Sigh-.....

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Our first update this month is scheduled to be the next part of our Void Knight quest series, A Void Dance. Youll team up with Korasi again to track a strange creature across the world, find out why certain people have been acting strangely, and discover some of the truth behind the events of Quiet before the Swarm. On the way youll solve some tricky puzzles, such as keeping an alchemical experiment from exploding in your face, navigating a maze of beer, and infiltrating the stronghold of one of the Void Knights enemies. This is an experienced quest with requirements of around level 50 in several different skills.

We also have additional floors, bosses, rewards and challenge rooms planned for Dungeoneering this month. Stretching all the way from floors 36 to 47 of the dungeons, the occult floors are home to some of the most vicious boss monsters found in the entirety of Daemonheim. There are 6 new bosses in total, including:

YkLagor the Thunderous! Originally one of the first bosses encountered on the occult floors, this demon has since been promoted to the final boss of the occult theme thanks to his dramatic introduction and challenging boss mechanic. Its easily one of the most graphically impressive encounters yet.

If youre looking to spend your Dungeoneering tokens, we will be introducing eight new rewards, featuring the Ring of Vigour (a reduction to the cost of special attacks), the Eye of the Warrior, which reflects melee damage back to your opponent, and the Rigour prayer, which increases both your ranged damage and your Defence.

If XP is more your thing, the occult floors will give you the chance to increase your Dungeoneering XP gains. With the occult floors descending all the way to floor 47, youll be able to obtain 47 prestige instead of the 35 you are used to, meaning greater XP per hour.

Youll encounter several creatures that are new to Daemonheim, including undead necromancers, who will summon skeletal minions to impede your progress. You may survive these, but youll still have to navigate nine new and fiendish challenge rooms, where deadly herbs and tightrope walking awaits.

On the week of RuneFest, were also planning to release a new activity on the Void Knight Island that gives you a unique method of earning Pest Control rewards. The Void Knights have devised an exercise to train their squires and knights in tactical thinking. Conquest will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game. Choose the composition and formation of your army, unleash game-changing special abilities, and prove yourself one of RuneScapes finest tactical minds on its high score tables. Look out for events in game that week to celebrate the latest addition to our activity catalogue.

Please note Last months treasure trail updates were sadly rescheduled due to technical issues, and we plan to release them as soon as they are ready.

In other news, we'll be offering you the ability to gain 10 additional bank spaces; you'll be able to obtain strange rocks when constructing furniture in the Build mode of your POH; and you'll hover over agility shortcuts on your world map to find out more about them. Have fun!

Mod_Mark

RuneScape Lead Designer

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Please note Last months treasure trail updates were sadly rescheduled due to technical issues, and we plan to release them as soon as they are ready.

Looks like the only change.

*begins to breath heavily*

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Does this mean the TT won't be released tomorrow?

Just a tiny bit more - only clarification though it seems. Treasure Trail being the biggest change... Hopefully it's not too long away!

[hide=Diff' Image - Left is New, Right is Old]

9l8hap.png

[/hide]

Ooh the joys, the only update I was looking forward to (and is from last month) has been postponed even more. Way to go Jagex... :wall:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

So, every smart*** on the game delay thread, what do you think of it now? ironically, since i will be on vocation the whole week, the news is actually good for me, but dear god, how bad are they at doing their job- announce an update and not get it done withing a month, total BS.

The BTS isn't very promising, they are getting more and more behind schedule and releasing the dungeoneering pie in a million slices, which really doesn't improve the view of the skill.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Where did you guys get this news, i have refreshed the Rs page 10 times for the past hour and can't read anything about it on their forums.

Is my internet browser acting weird again? Yesterday when i visit tip it homepage i could see news on the first page from a couple of weeks ago...

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

So, every smart*** on the game delay thread, what do you think of it now? ironically, since i will be on vocation the whole week, the news is actually good for me, but dear god, how bad are they at doing their job- announce an update and not get it done withing a month, total BS.

The BTS isn't very promising, they are getting more and more behind schedule and releasing the dungeoneering pie in a million slices, which really doesn't improve the view of the skill.

There's no confirmation that it's delayed further, they changed the wording from sounding like there'll be two updates in one week to what it is now which could mean anything. The reason for the delay is that they've had to separate it from the engine update which will mean they'll have to test to make sure the changes will work on the current engine without any issues.

Where did you guys get this news, i have refreshed the Rs page 10 times for the past hour and can't read anything about it on their forums.

Is my internet browser acting weird again? Yesterday when i visit tip it homepage i could see news on the first page from a couple of weeks ago...

It's on the Runescape homepage and the Future Updates forum on RSOF.

Are you in the 'future updates' section?

we'll be offering you the ability to gain 10 additional bank spaces

Was that USB-stick to improve security ever sold? (with the additional bank space)

Wow, do you really think it only takes a month to make a RuneScape update? O_o

He was talking about updates mentioned in BTS, you would expect those to be more or less ready. Not being developed from scratch. :razz:

Bad wording in the new BTS though, since Emilee said we are getting it as soon as possible, probably the first content update this month.

Are you in the 'future updates' section?

we'll be offering you the ability to gain 10 additional bank spaces

Was that USB-stick to improve security ever sold? (with the additional bank space)

No, the interest was too low.

namnlskopia.jpg

Wow, practically jumping in my chair over new floors in Daemonheim. I'm finally going to be able to stand Dungeoneering for more than an hour at a time, and I'll definitely be able to get my rapier sometime this decade. The new rewards sound cool, too.

Void quest is meh. MA-style game is scary. Still looking forward to Treasure Trails.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

He was talking about updates mentioned in BTS, you would expect those to be more or less ready. Not being developed from scratch. :razz:

Nobody said they were being made from scratch. ;)