02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

I do wonder how much of your special attack bar is preserved, because Ring of Vigour + spec restore + claws sounds OP. Even with 10% saved per spec you wouldn't have to wait long for a third spec.

Obviously yet another well thought out update by Jagex

Can't say I agree, we'll have to wait for the update to be able to judge it, it was just idle speculation.

For all we know, it could cost an insane amount of tokens. If its too powerfull, there's bound to be a drawback.

I always forget about my specs so I won't buy it :P, I read it the same as you did too, 2 updates this week hopefully.

[/hide]

Even if it is a really high requirement, if its allowed in pvp situations its essentially making dungeoneering even more of a "combat skill" than it already is. Chaotic weapons are a huge advantage in pvp. If high level potions aren't allowed in pvp, then neither should dungeoneering rewards.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Looking forward to the treasure trails and the higher floors - hopefully primal plate? Everything else I won't really use.

The rings sound nice - but these last 4 days I've been mobilising army'ing lol -_- I think I'll wear berserker ring (i) over those reward rings anyway. Can't wait for the treasure trail rewards ammmgggg

2vuhgcn.png

Is it possible to calculate how much XP you'll be able to get on the final floor in a large 5:5 dungeon?

If there's a ring of vigour I wonder if they'll release a ring of valour with a similar effect.

A quote from the user Andrew_Calcs from the high-level forum who entered the base xp value for each floor to calculate the higher floors

I soloed floor 1-35 and recorded the xps, and spent about an hour coming up with a formula that uses rounding to the tenths.

It's probably not exactly what Jagex uses, but close enough to approximate the floors extremely well.

increase in base xp(f) = increase in base xp(f-1)+5.7+((f+7)^2)/135

I modelled this out with excel over floor 1 through 35 and it didn't vary from the experimental gain in xp from a floor by more than 1.3 xp anywhere, so it should work well enough to approximate the xp increases of the new floors.

Sparing the math, according to this model:

prestige 40 = 1.35x more than prestige 35

prestige 45 = 1.79x more than prestige 35

prestige 50 = 2.33x more than prestige 35

prestige 55 = 2.98x more than prestige 35

prestige 60 = 3.76x more than prestige 35

Of course this won't be exact, but judging by how much error it shows on the previous floors, it shouldn't deviate from the true future xp rates too much, maybe 5-10% off at the very most.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Is it possible to calculate how much XP you'll be able to get on the final floor in a large 5:5 dungeon?

If there's a ring of vigour I wonder if they'll release a ring of valour with a similar effect.

A quote from the user Andrew_Calcs from the high-level forum who entered the base xp value for each floor to calculate the higher floors

I soloed floor 1-35 and recorded the xps, and spent about an hour coming up with a formula that uses rounding to the tenths.

It's probably not exactly what Jagex uses, but close enough to approximate the floors extremely well.

I modelled this out with excel over floor 1 through 35 and it didn't vary from the experimental gain in xp from a floor by more than 1.3 xp anywhere, so it should work well enough to approximate the xp increases of the new floors.

Of course this won't be exact, but judging by how much error it shows on the previous floors, it shouldn't deviate from the true future xp rates too much, maybe 5-10% off at the very most.

Hmm so floor 47 is around double the XP of 35? interesting.

77yLQy8.png

I'm going to do floor 1-34 and wait with 35 until the release, because normally you have to do the last floor before unlocking a new one right? If I do 35 already I might have to reset and do 35 again before we can start 36..

Looks like an awesome month to me and I'm looking forward to the rewards ;o

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I hope they fix the xp rate normally for Dungeoneering. you need 45 Dung' for Gravite Weapons, but you wont have enough exp until ~60+ dungeoneering (plus 1m for recharge? rip off on so many levels)

I look forward to Void Quest as always, I want Korasi's sword ;__;

and I gave up on TT update. too many push backs.

Popoto.~<3

I hope they fix the xp rate normally for Dungeoneering. you need 45 Dung' for Gravite Weapons, but you wont have enough exp until ~60+ dungeoneering (plus 1m for recharge? rip off on so many levels)

I look forward to Void Quest as always, I want Korasi's sword ;__;

and I gave up on TT update. too many push backs.

Smuggle it bro.

'Conquest’ will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game.

Why don't they fix mobilising armies first?

'Conquest will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game.

I'm worried about that too. Have Jagex not realised what happened to Mobilising Armies?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No more, for floor 47 the base xp is also 1.79 (a bit higher) times as high so it would be more like 1.79² times as much xp for floor 47, if you get 50k on f35 with 35 prestige now you'll get like 160k on floor 47 with max prestige :thumbup:

F35 xp does get about doubled though which is awesome too.

Wait no thats not right. Never mind this post lol I shouldn't post when in a hurry

2dvjurb.png

Uh. So what DG level for floor 47?

And I hope they come out with Chaotic 2h, but I severely doubt it.

93 for 47.

e: oops, too late :thumbdown:

Edited by TUBA

Yay, occult floors! I'm looking forward to this. :thumbup:

Maybe it might not be free play, but if it isn't, oh well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No more, for floor 47 the base xp is also 1.79 (a bit higher) times as high so it would be more like 1.79² times as much xp for floor 47, if you get 50k on f35 with 35 prestige now you'll get like 160k on floor 47 with max prestige :thumbup:

F35 xp does get about doubled though which is awesome too.

Wait no thats not right. Never mind this post lol I shouldn't post when in a hurry

I collected the same set of data and came out with a higher value than that for floor 47

'Conquest will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game.

mobilising armies was a beta test of sorts, meant to expand the content abilities of runescape.

Jagex made a post right before the release of MA telling players not to expect much out of the gameplay.

anyways AOG is one of the highest rated funorb games, I don't blame jagex for emulating that in runescape.

Naaxi.png

the Ring of Vigour (a reduction to the cost of special attacks)

This is why I decided not to go for another Onyx Ring (i). I knew there would be special effect rings eventually.

the Eye of the Warrior, which reflects melee damage back to your opponent

If this is a prayer and is part of the normal prayer book, then I think normal > curses. The only thing curses will have over normal is soul split. I'd rather have a piety for every class and that melee reflection prayer. That 5x health restoration isn't exactly soul split either but it's also not horrible.

Sounds all very good.

I dont think I am training for the level to unlock floor 47 anytime soon though. Considering that throughout rest of runescape that 85 is the limit then it doesnt have much use yet besides possibly getting tokens for rewards.

Might get a couple levels just to experience it.

It seems batch two has been split up as earlier they confirmed they were working on occult AND twisted floors and with number they gave occult only runs to lvl 93-ish

But all sounding good

the Eye of the Warrior, which reflects melee damage back to your opponent

If this is a prayer and is part of the normal prayer book, then I think normal > curses. The only thing curses will have over normal is soul split. I'd rather have a piety for every class and that melee reflection prayer. That 5x health restoration isn't exactly soul split either but it's also not horrible.

Doubt it given that the specifically said the range one was a prayer it makes no sense that they wouldn't say this is a prayer.

Sounds like a jewellery item or perhaps a helmet to me.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

MA was more of a challenge then anything to try something new, they did say that new challenges would be possible there in future, I feel the Orb of Oculus benefitted from the MA camera as it feels the same but is controlled slight differently.

I can't say I really played AOG much, I'm looking forward to Treasure Trails still my month will probably (sadly) be taken up by that!

If Z-Buffering was a high risk "industry standard" update why even bundle those 2 updates together, why not release it with the next RuneTek engine for example? it seems they're rolling the engine back now and not even releasing that revolutionary "industry standard" rendering system. So what was this delayed week for? nothing.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Hmm must be a typo, I think they meant Behind the Scenes September 2011

:)

Fixed again.

On the week of RuneFest, well be releasing a new activity on the Void Knight Island that gives you a unique method of earning Pest Control rewards. The Void Knights have devised an exercise to train their squires and knights in tactical thinking. Conquest will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game. Choose the composition and formation of your army, unleash game-changing special abilities, and prove yourself one of RuneScapes finest tactical minds on its high score tables. Look out for events in game that week to celebrate the latest addition to our activity catalogue.

Please note Last months Treasure T

Well that's one week I'm skipping. Jagex and these kinds of mini-games go together like crappy, awkwardly played mini-games and the engine that can barely handle them.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png