Sliding Puzzles Suggestions

Matt258

I would like to Suggest that Sliding Puzzles in Clue Scrolls get an Option to be able to Pay not to do it. Or instead of pictures have Numbers 1-24. Have the black box able to move diagonal.

Quick find code: 185-186-40-61473903

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Sliders are easy enough as it is. Being able to pay to bypass them would also make clues go by quicker, although if the price is set high enough this won't be a huge issue.

If you are asking to be able to switch to numbers 1-24 for accessibility reasons (ie color blindness, or not being able to distinguish shades of one color), then I could support that I suppose.

2496 Completionist

Keep a picture to the right of the main RS area.Think of them as 1-24.Not that hard.

I did but it still didn't help any.

Sliders are easy enough as it is. Being able to pay to bypass them would also make clues go by quicker, although if the price is set high enough this won't be a huge issue.

If you are asking to be able to switch to numbers 1-24 for accessibility reasons (ie color blindness, or not being able to distinguish shades of one color), then I could support that I suppose.

I'll be adding in more to my Suggestions like adding more Steps if they pay to skip the Sliding puzzle. My cousin is Red color blinded so thats why I'm suggesting numbers & they used to be in Random events earlier.

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

This Idea needs more work.

Sliding numbers 1-24 would work well and I'll support that.

Having the black square move diagonally would make it too easy.

Being able to pay to skip it would make it too easy.

Taihaku.png

Taihaku.png

4073.png

Know what I'd really like? If they made them not super laggy. I hate that so much. :P

I support this one, I can do a puzzle under one minute if they can keep up with my mouse clicks >.>

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

As others have said, the most annoying thing about them is the lag instead of actually solving the puzzle. If you can't do that kind of thing, treasure trails aren't for you.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 4 weeks later...

Treasure trails are meant to make you think and figure out different riddles/puzzles. Being able to buy through it would ruin the point of it and the spirit of it. And, as posted above, the lag is the main problem that most people think about when it comes to the sliders.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

• 1 month later...

support for color blind/hardness of shade, but you pay to get easier tiles.

Very good idea, although I'd like to expand on it. For sake of accessibility, the tiles should have a right-click option to super-impose numbers over the image. The payment for easier puzzles should reduce the grid from a 5x5 to a 4x4, and perhaps an even more expensive option to create a 3x3 puzzle.

As to people complaining about the lag, I definitely see that this is a big problem. It seems like the lag got worse after the new trails were implemented, though I haven't done a clue scroll since very shortly after the new ones came out so it might just be stress on the server from running too many clues in the rush to get new rewards. But there really is no reason that puzzles should lag. PDA devices in their early days commonly had 4x4 16 puzzles available, and had no lag. The NES/FDS original version of Final Fantasy had a 16 puzzle available as a minigame that could be accessed from the ship in order to gain money outside of fights, and even on such an early system there was no lag. Anything that can't handle a slide puzzle is obviously misusing the system resources of where the process is hosted or else being a little bit too cautious in excessive checks for server-client consistency (that lag you get on occasion if your visuals get too far ahead or behind the calculations for damage on the server is a good example of this.)

Bartuccio3.png