Piety and Slayer

AndJusticeForOne

Now that I have Piety, I'd like to be able to use it efficiently. The only thing I know about praying on task is the basic Proselyte plate and Verac skirt. Does anyone have some recommendations on other gear and how prayer potions to bring to various tasks?

My recommendations for piety/turmoil setups are, from worst to best:

Proselyte plate

Verac's skirt

Fire cape

Fighter torso

Verac's skirt

Soul wars cape

Bandos chestplate

Verac's skirt

Soul wars cape

Full Bandos

Soul wars cape

The second one is great if you already have a torso but can't afford a BCP for whatever reason. The first setup is still very effective, though. With any of these setups, you should only need 10-14 prayer potions per task with your prayer level, but it always depends on the task.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I don't have a fire cape or Soul Wars cape, but I will have my trimmed skillcape soon. Will that do?

It'll do, but I highly recommend that you get a better cape as soon as possible. Because you're getting close to 80 dungeoneering, another option is to get an Ardougne cape 3 and use it with a chaotic rapier.

dgs5.jpg

Chaotic toothpick is one of my main goals right now. I'll need to check out the requirements for the Ardougne cape.

I'm fairly close to the requirements for Nomad's Requiem save for Construction. My only problem with that would be actually being capable of defeating Nomad. I've never been confident in being able to do things like that :ohnoes:

Popedevourer.png

Chaotic toothpick is one of my main goals right now. I'll need to check out the requirements for the Ardougne cape.

I'm fairly close to the requirements for Nomad's Requiem save for Construction. My only problem with that would be actually being capable of defeating Nomad. I've never been confident in being able to do things like that :ohnoes:

There are a lot of decent guides, but you'll have to melee like I did. It just takes a lot of practice runs. Definitely get those capes, though.

dgs5.jpg

Why don't you just prayer flash and use your normal equipment?

Terrible internet + constant server lag + me preferring to browse places like Tip.It while slaying = no prayer flashing for me.

EDIT: Since I'd rather not double post, I'll just edit this post. I'm doing an LRC task right now and oh my god, Piety wtfpwns these things. Strikers dying in less than 15 seconds = :thumbup:

EDIT 2: Is the Holy Wrench worth the extra inventory space?

Popedevourer.png

personaly i started useing piety on on tasks i knew i could profit like abbys/metals/darkbeasts after getting some decent drops i started useing piety on most tasks now i could never go back but there still a few tasks i dont use piety simply coz i kill them fast anyway(within 2-3 hits) like gargs spectors and sp mages

normaly i fill my bag minus 2-3 spaces with ppots its better to bring to many then to few and i use ppots fast enough for space for drops with +21 prayer

then again is all down to personal preferance try differnt setups to find the one you like

bickers007.png

Depends on your prayer level and the drops of the monster in question. For example, you're not missing much in that inventory slot if you're fighting black demons, but it's definitely not worth it at abby specs. And of course it adds more additional prayer points after a certain prayer level...what was it again? 80-something to get 3 additional prayer points per dose with holy wrench? I'm not sure.

I used a wrench at spectres before I had 96 summ.

With a tort I was making 2 trips, even with leaving most of the herbs. A wrench would only save me possibly 1 dose of a pot per trip, but it still killed me not to take it.

Yeah, I use my wrench habitually. Never leave home without it, even if I don't necessarily need it.

dgs5.jpg

The prayer bonus of an explorer's ring is nothing compared to a warrior/zerker ring, which it seems you could easily afford.

Other than that it looks like a fine overall setup, try and get the barrows RFD gloves, and hopefully a SW/fire cape (although a trimmed skillcape is definitely a good alternative).

Depends on your prayer level and the drops of the monster in question. For example, you're not missing much in that inventory slot if you're fighting black demons, but it's definitely not worth it at abby specs. And of course it adds more additional prayer points after a certain prayer level...what was it again? 80-something to get 3 additional prayer points per dose with holy wrench? I'm not sure.

Every dose gets increased by a flat 1 for all levels.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I think prayer bonus is becoming a bit overstated for slaying with piety/turmoil for efficiency, and really, if you value your time as a pro you'd just use the best offencive setup of fire cape and bandos instead of trying to save 50k an hour with SW and proselyte. Do remember, sure, you save those prayer points, but you lose out on +10 str and +1 stab which can easily account for 3-6% more kills. Efficiency is all about looking at the future, not what lays on the ground at that specific moment(as in, the gains might not be as obvious, and the losses become more and more obvious, but you'll be better in the long run).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think prayer bonus is becoming a bit overstated for slaying with piety/turmoil for efficiency, and really, if you value your time as a pro you'd just use the best offencive setup of fire cape and bandos instead of trying to save 50k an hour with SW and proselyte. Do remember, sure, you save those prayer points, but you lose out on +10 str and +1 stab which can easily account for 3-6% more kills. Efficiency is all about looking at the future, not what lays on the ground at that specific moment(as in, the gains might not be as obvious, and the losses become more and more obvious, but you'll be better in the long run).

I like to balance my strength and prayer bonuses, personally. For me, +15 to +18 prayer is the "sweet spot" where you'll only need around ~12 prayer potions per task, so that leaves you plenty of room to mess around with strength bonuses.

dgs5.jpg

No. It's 1-3 depending on your level. I just don't remember the cutoffs.

No. It's 1-3 depending on your level. I just don't remember the cutoffs.

isnt it 1 for prayer pots and 1-3 for super restores?

bickers007.png