Viewable RS Username on each post (made by me for tipit!)

Tipit mods,

i made this a long time ago for i think phpbb 2.1.12

it should work with the current version but i recommend an offsite test

the installation script can be found here

its a text document and you can read what the edits are

(this is not a scam don't worry)

Please give full credit to me if you decide to use it'

PS: EasyMOD works for installation but make sure you put in the sql sript manually. If you don't know how to do this, I can make a script to do this for you.

First D-Drop on 7/2/07! (skirt)

Trading herb seeds for herbs with INSANELY GREAT ratios to earn you millions!

One of the few players of Runescape who knows PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, and Advanced Image Editing while being under 18! \:D/

Naa this code is cool. Basicly it just adds an extra field in the profile to put your username in there. Its a clever idea except most people already have the same RSname as forum username ^_^ And secondly the admins dont seem to be implementing a single one of the ideas that people have suggested in this forum, even if its incredibly simple and the easymod code is given to them in plain text. See here :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

@ Mercifull

some people don't put their usernames for tipit

besides its the tipit staff's choice

One of the few players of Runescape who knows PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, and Advanced Image Editing while being under 18! \:D/

it can be changed to optional btw

but i suppose you don't like it :( :cry:

EDIT:

I could make it an option if they want their usename shown or not

Yes, this is EXACTLY what we need, they have this on runehq and it lets players give their accounts cool names and don't need to waste their sig space with their rs usernames

EDIT-

and it lets players give their accounts cool names

to clerify, most people on this forum name their account after their rs username simply for the fact that they both don't want to put in their sig and also to avoid confusion, when they would normally user a better username for the forum

It's not a bad idea per say , but not absolutely vital.

Just dont get your hopes up , the admins and crew are quite busy with a whole lot of MUST DO's

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

just pm me when you guys make up your minds

include if you want me to change anything too :D

not much required for this mod however so it should only take about 30 seconds of your time to install so i don't think its that big of deal anyways

Could make it only display on RS related boards, and a requirement to be able to post on the market boards... but not compulsory elsewhere. Would be kidna nifty for the RS players amoungst us.
Would be cool, but that would require quite a bit more coding than it currently does. I cant think off heart what database queries would be needed to do this but it would be quite a bit of pointless coding.

The best way would to have this in the profile with a button to hide or show it in your profile. But have it a rule on market boards that it be shown or something, else your topic gets locked.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wouldn't get your hopes up.. If you want your username to be shown, just make an ava for it, or mention it in your signature :)

It's a nice idea though, I like it :-). But it would require some time to build in, and that time is better spent on other projects imho!

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

It's a nice idea though, I like it :-). But it would require some time to build in, and that time is better spent on other projects imho!

5 minutes isn't exactly a lot of time, if that, if you know what you're doing.

But whatever.

5 minutes isn't exactly a lot of time, if that, if you know what you're doing.

But whatever.

Ah well, I have no experience with modding in a PHPBB forum, because I never feel a need to. But if many people like it and it is indeed 5 mins like you say, maybe the admins may consider it... But you have to ask them then :-)

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

Unfortunately it's not up to us as moderators what MODS get installed into the phpBB scripts, even the admins have to bring everything of this nature directly to Silverion , who is always quite busy with many projects , give it time , the admins ARE aware of this post :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

and now we wait...

I think you have came up with a good idea!

However, I dont think we will be implementing this anytime soon. I just know Silverion wont like anything that hogs recourses, that we dont really need.

But of course, he might have another opinion, im not the right person to ask about phpBB stuff :P

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Naa this code is cool. Basicly it just adds an extra field in the profile to put your username in there. Its a clever idea except most people already have the same RSname as forum username ^_^ And secondly the admins dont seem to be implementing a single one of the ideas that people have suggested in this forum, even if its incredibly simple and the easymod code is given to them in plain text. See here :(

Merci you of all here should know it takes time to make our minds up here to use or not to use any stuff or change anything that currently is working properly. ALso to check if a Mod would interfer with anything else we currently running here and to check secruity on anything we add. We just dont jump into things without first checking fully,,,

We not ingoring anything here, it just takes time to talk things over with other admins here and then sort out whos doing what and when. Not all ideas will be used but some will be in the furture. It this time of year things are slightly slower than normally around here.