about the cooking guild

hiryuuko

Just an idea, I'm probably one of the rare person enjoying cooking (something ELSE THAN FISH! :wink:) and there is one thing that would make the cooking guild so much more enjoyable... a "fridge" or "cupboard" where I can put my cooking ingredients, ustensils... just like the tool shed/leprechauns for farming! I know the Varrock bank is not far... but I make so many trip back and forth...

what do you guys think? the cooking guild is already not very good... (compare to the other guild I mean... I would rather wait up to lvl 60 to enter and have a much decent one!)

please do not flame me!

hiryuuko

hiryuuko.png

that is a good idea i would also like to see drops of tomatoes and cheese, like in draynor so it is easier to mkae pizzas, before anyone says anything about making cooking too easy, it is already super easy i mean all you have to do is fish and cook, piece of cake.

The coooking guild is very weak compared to other guilds, maybe the head chef there could have some kind of store or mini game to make it more worthwhile.

The only thing i use the guild for is when i want to farm and the payment to the farmer is apples, or if i am trying to make energy pots.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Right now, the cooking guild is totally useless; If you had to wait to get a higher level to enter, but it had more options, Ithink that people really would enjoy the wait; perhaps there could be a stove that gave you a greater chance of not burning whatever it was you were cooking (much greater than the one in Lumbridge)? Or maybe there should just be one fishing spot that only gave you 1/5 the experience? I like the idea of being able to store things inthe cupboard, also.

Make the Cooking Guild a higher level to enter with a flour sack like in Sinclair Mansion... Also put some vegetable patches and a chicken coop attached to the Guild...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Don't lose the level 32 facilities, but perhaps an elite guild or head chef's challenge.

Maybe so you have to collect and cook a number of things, and start again if you burn any.

As it stands, the guild is most convenient for milling flour and cooking, since you don't need an equal number of pots, as you can make the dough on the spot.

Guest mmortalone

how about a place in the fishing guild too? for nets and stuff

and a place in the x guild to store stuff like x

see? works for almost all guilds. nice idea

• 1 month later...

I rememebr gasping "what? only lvl 32??" in Lumbridge when I got level 32 cooking, my friend has told me it was level 35. It got very disappointed.

I ttoally agree with you. The Cooking Guild is almost never used. I suggest some things:

1. Raise the level to maybe 60-50.

2. Allow us a cupboard etc to store our utensils, because everybody is always grabbing at the respawns etc... Maybe even a freezer to hold our raw fishes so we don't have to bank them :D Now, I know they had no freezers back then. but I'm thinking of a sort of...well large reclangular brucket of wood with ice cubes. For short-term use while cooking there. The cooks could also sell us utensils, some foods e.g. chocolate bars, and ice cubes. We should have to refill our freezer every hour or so. Whenever we walk through the door of the Cooking Guild the freezer wshould reset to nothing.

3. Make it so it's not contained as a mill. Branch out on the first ground level to a barn with chickens, etc. And there should be a ladder in the chicken coop which leads up to the branch of the second level.

3. A small lake/pond WITH ONLY A NETTING option so we can fish for anchovies for pizzas.

4. A special room for utility respawns.

PS: Guys, remember, they didn't have ovens and fridges in medieval times.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

I rememebr gasping "what? only lvl 32??" in Lumbridge when I got level 32 cooking, my friend has told me it was level 35. It got very disappointed.

I ttoally agree with you. The Cooking Guild is almost never used. I suggest some things:

2. Allow us a cupboard etc to store our utensils, because everybody is always grabbing at the respawns etc... Maybe even a freezer to hold our raw fishes so we don't have to bank them :D Now, I know they had no freezers back then. but I'm thinking of a sort of...well large reclangular brucket of wood with ice cubes. For short-term use while cooking there. The cooks could also sell us utensils, some foods e.g. chocolate bars, and ice cubes. We should have to refill our freezer every hour or so. Whenever we walk through the door of the Cooking Guild the freezer wshould reset to nothing.

3. Make it so it's not contained as a mill. Branch out on the first ground level to a barn with chickens, etc. And there should be a ladder in the chicken coop which leads up to the branch of the second level.

3. A small lake/pond WITH ONLY A NETTING option so we can fish for anchovies for pizzas.

thank you for actually posting an idea :wink: i second everything you said :)

maybe... cubbard and an ice chest? :D

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I've thought about this for a bit, as this has been mentioned in other threads.

I used the cooking guild maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I agree, it is rather useless once you get past a certain level. But I wouldn't raise the level requirement... once I got to level 35, I made a lot of wines to raise my cooking level.

I'm going to temper my suggestions with how I see game balance, and also what I think JaGEX can/will implement. I'm also writing from the perspective that any such ideas would be members only.

About a grocery store: We have grocery stores in the game such as Port Sarim and in the Grand Tree, but they generally have limited items or limited stock. It would probably carry the items that respawn, including cooking tools. No flour, as that defeats the idea of the windmill. If flour is included, then the store should stock 0-- players can sell to the store.

The items in store would likely be restricted to certain things, since members have farming stores that buy produce, but they are very infrequently used for such.

I've noticed that JaGEX rarely makes changes (save graphics) to existing areas. They might follow a similar idea as they did with the Champion's guild-- the store might be in a basement coming from a trapdoor in the ground level, or it might be above the second floor, i.e. a third floor. Or they might decide to have the Head Chef sell all the food and cooking tools, which I think could easily be set to members only. An alternate idea would be to have the Head Chef be set up like a tool leprechaun, where you can store cake tins, bowls, etc.

I doubt they'd implement a wheat field nearer to the guild. If by some whim they decided to add wheat to farming, which I also doubt, they'd likely put an allotment there.

One final thought I have is this: as it stands, the cooking guild is f2p accessible and therefore it will be limited as such. If JaGEX thinks that making p2p additions to the f2p guilds will draw in more customers, they might do it. Probably the main reason that the Champion's Guild was added to was that the Champion there said it would be expanded, and has done so since the days of rs1 (RSC).