Suggestions and the like.

Wisp

Seeing as you all tend to not like people thrusting ideas upon you, I decided it would best to have this thread. Do you all want anything to change around here? Could range from anything to rules, forum organization, power limits/lack of for GM's, etc.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderators staying out of the GM's powers?

Ok, getting involved for breaks to the forum rules, I can accept

Fiddling with the forum because the powers that be dictate it, I can accept

But if the mods and admin start getting involved with the actual roleplaying (except as players or GMs in their own games)....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

But if the mods and admin start getting involved with the actual roleplaying (except as players or GMs in their own games)....

^This

I got a warning that one of my posts could be seen as being offensive to Muslims.

...Except I was roleplaying as an extremely militant crusader type country :wall:

people need to chill the [obligatory word that people need to chill out about] out

thats all i want

LIGHT HEARTED NESS

dont take anythign serious unelss its serious

ness-character-super-smash-bros-melee-screenshot-big.jpg

^Light hearted Ness. :D

I agree with all posts before and including Dungeonal's.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

LIGHT HEARTED NESS

Words we can all live by.

And another thing, don't instantly do anything on this thread, even if you agree with it, let people actually discuss it first.

And didn't we have a thread like this earlier? Except less formal...

I assure you we will not interfere with roleplays :) It's not our aim to restrict or hinder you guys. We're simply here to ensure that the rules are being followed and enforce them when necessary, as well as do any other forum organization/management work. We'd like to leave the main direction of this forum up to its participants.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I assure you we will not interfere with roleplays :) It's not our aim to restrict or hinder you guys. We're simply here to ensure that the rules are being followed and enforce them when necessary, as well as do any other forum organization/management work. We'd like to leave the main direction of this forum up to its participants.

This is just an out-of-curiosity question, but would you guys play any of the stuff here in the Tavern if you had time?

a70c7.png

power limits/lack of for GM's

This seems to disagree with that statement, Tripsis.

Its probably just me overreacting and typing/meaning error, but I prefered it to be cleared up now :grin:

Inb4anyoneelseonthematter

Unless, of course, we try to solve a problem involving a certain intentionally obnoxious member. :rolleyes:

This comment in keeping with light hearted Ness.

ness-character-super-smash-bros-melee-screenshot-big.jpg

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Could you get rid of post time limit in here, stakes and forum gamesl

can we get custom colours, I was thinking bright pink,

maybe cyan for becoming an accepted taverner? (lulz)

I don't see a reason to add post count, infact I see a lot of one word posts that don't amount to anything around here.

Maybe some fun, how about a title competition for the tavern only? Whoever wins the game Delta V?

[Falador tavern]

I got a warning that one of my posts could be seen as being offensive to Muslims.

...Except I was roleplaying as an extremely militant crusader type country :wall:

:(

history happened people!

----

i strongly disagree with everything iconic just posted

iirc yeh

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

fabulous.jpg

^Edel

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

fabulous.jpg

^Edel

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.... Oh, I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thank you, Icu.

Now, on-topic: ...... I really can't think of anything. I just want another frequently-played Dungeoneering game so I can magically blow stuff up.

a70c7.png

Archi, I meant that due to the debate about whether or not a GM can kick someone out of a game.

If people disagree with that then surely they can leave, elect a new GM and carry on on a different thread?

Archi, I meant that due to the debate about whether or not a GM can kick someone out of a game.

If people disagree with that then surely they can leave, elect a new GM and carry on on a different thread?

Well the debate was whether or not it was ok with Forum Rules to ban someone from posting in a thread. If someone wants to keep playing, but no one else wants them to play, there's not much a GM can do on his own other than ignore the player, and this is why I mentioned that as something to be debated.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

My bad Iconic, pink spartan not ya thang?

I am currently content with the forum games, Delta V allows me to get out my creative juices, Napoleonic Hegemony allows me to get out my crown and 2025 has left me abaondoned in a lake with my entire squad dead.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Well the debate was whether or not it was ok with Forum Rules to ban someone from posting in a thread. If someone wants to keep playing, but no one else wants them to play, there's not much a GM can do on his own other than ignore the player, and this is why I mentioned that as something to be debated.

If the GM ignores someone and everything related to them, then they are banned from the thread...

If it is a matter for Moderator enforcement...then I would vote that the moderators and admin stay out of the matter...unless they are spamming or provoking a flame war.

If the GM ignores someone and everything related to them, then they are banned from the thread...

If it is a matter for Moderator enforcement...then I would vote that the moderators and admin stay out of the matter...unless they are spamming or provoking a flame war.

I was thinking more along the lines of if the Tavern moderator can enforce the ban, delete the persons posts on that thread and so on.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I was thinking more along the lines of if the Tavern moderator can enforce the ban, delete the persons posts on that thread and so on.

Seems overkill...and a waste of moderator time...not to mention neigh on unenforcable, since moderators are not on 24 hours a day...and reporting posts would required ALL the moderators and admin to be versed on this change in policy, and would have to be aware of who the GMs were in all the tavern games....Moderators have far better things to be doing.

Far easier and more efficent to just stick with the 'This person is provoking a flame war'.

Well, it could be something that I can give them a warning for if we were to have some rules unique to this forum. First time they post something non constructive/flame etc I could warn them, etc.

I just included that on the OP because if someone wants to suggest anything relating to GM powers, they can.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain