Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

I see that as sharp, you see it as soft. But it still *is* our perceptions may very, but our perceptions don't affect the existence of the "it."

Ok, I agree, I just think that that "it" is nothing, because when you take way all the attributes of something caused by perceptions then that's all that is left.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, that's a bit too pragmatic for me tbh.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm know what i think about this, but it's too complicated for me to translate it to english, i'll give it a try.

Even though what we perceive isn't the exact reality of objects, they still have common attributes between what we see and what exists. It's not that whatever we perceive it's completely false, it is in part, and for example, that's what visual illusions are based of, the brain trying to stereotype an object and confusing itself.

I'm probably not being clear. My point is that even though what we see is partly false, some things like the size, etc, are true. Colour, for example, doesn't exist, it's just the reflection of light and what part of the light the object reflects, so colour is not a "true" attribute.

EDIT: conclusion, most of the attributes are completely caused by our perception, the rest, is reality.

Everything is made out of energy. You probably think that size is true because you can measure an object's dimensions (length,width, etc.) and mass. All of these are just measurements of amount of energy. But if everything is made out of energy, then energy is everywhere. Only our perceptions make things appear different from anything else. In reality everything is just energy, which in turn is really just made out of nothing. You can not have more nothing in one area then another, it is all the same. For example, I am holding a stapler in my hand, and I feel the weight of it. This weight is only perception. In reality it weighs as much as anything else does, except our perceptions make it seem like it does not. Measurements are just human concepts. Everything is equal to everything else. Equally energy,equally nothing.

Everything is made out of energy. You probably think that size is true because you can measure an object's dimensions (length,width, etc.) and mass. All of these are just measurements of amount of energy. But if everything is made out of energy, then energy is everywhere. Only our perceptions make things appear different from anything else. In reality everything is just energy, which in turn is really just made out of nothing. You can not have more nothing in one area then another, it is all the same. For example, I am holding a stapler in my hand, and I feel the weight of it. This weight is only perception. In reality it weighs as much as anything else does, except our perceptions make it seem like it does not. Measurements are just human concepts. Everything is equal to everything else. Equally energy,equally nothing.

In your view ;)

Note, I am not referring to you personally, but to everyone. I think people don't realize that in philosophy it's a lot more opinionated than people make it out to be, people constantly argue that their side is right, the other people don't know what they are talking about; and its all just perception. Which I guess is in itself an opinion, but I get greatly perturbed when people say something like "your an idiot if you believe in objective idealism@@!!" ok. So am I an idiot for like peppermint ice cream? Well, in this case I would say yes, that stuff is gross. But this subject is just an opinion, which people seem to forget.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

In your view ;)

Note, I am not referring to you personally, but to everyone. I think people don't realize that in philosophy it's a lot more opinionated than people make it out to be, people constantly argue that their side is right, the other people don't know what they are talking about; and its all just perception. Which I guess is in itself an opinion, but I get greatly perturbed when people say something like "your an idiot if you believe in objective idealism@@!!" ok. So am I an idiot for like peppermint ice cream? Well, in this case I would say yes, that stuff is gross. But this subject is just an opinion, which people seem to forget.

Yes, it is all just perception. :P

Haha thats exactly what I mean, I just cant fathom true nothingness. Even empty space - there is still space/time. I cant imagine space itself not existing, though it is fun to try and imagine.

Interestingly enough, space can't exist without time and time can't exist without space. Therefor, it's actually space-time.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

So am I an idiot for like peppermint ice cream? Well, in this case I would say yes, that stuff is gross.

:wall:

In your view ;)

Yes, it is all just perception. :P

I disagree. It is not his perception at all.

Haha thats exactly what I mean, I just cant fathom true nothingness. Even empty space - there is still space/time. I cant imagine space itself not existing, though it is fun to try and imagine.

Interestingly enough, space can't exist without time and time can't exist without space. Therefor, it's actually space-time.

And why class, is that true? Because time is money, and money takes up space (thus creating it).

Existence itself is beyond the limits of human comprehension. By debating it, you only waste space-time. It is all obscurity for obscurity's sake.

I know that I exist. Why? I think. I see myself, I observe myself, I touch myself. Through observations, I understand that I am me. However, my existence is nothing. In two hundred years, I will be a name, a memory. In five hundred, I will be unusual if I am even a name on a piece of paper. In one thousand, I will be nothing. We all will be nothing. Everything around you, every moment, every hope, dream, pain, feeling, is nothing. And even then, it is all within our small reference frame of the Earth. In this sense, none of it exists.

As far as my perception comment, I was expressing that you were only explaining your perception of what you believe to be his perception. It is not a fact. You cannot know that.

Now, I can say all this, but it cannot be the truth. Why? Because I cannot possibly believe that I do not exist. It is inhuman.

Now, in a world that is nothing, there is only one way to live: Enjoy it. How do we find that which pleases us the most? We don't. Nothing can ever be the right decision, because our existence itself is wrong. We live a life of lies, and we only continue because to end it would be doubly irrational.

However, my existence is nothing. In two hundred years, I will be a name, a memory. In five hundred, I will be unusual if I am even a name on a piece of paper. In one thousand, I will be nothing. We all will be nothing. Everything around you, every moment, every hope, dream, pain, feeling, is nothing. And even then, it is all within our small reference frame of the Earth. In this sense, none of it exists.

Two hundred years from now is completely irrelevant. We cannot experience when we lack existence. Therefore your hopes, dreams, pains, and feelings are everything. Your existence is not only everything, but it is the only. As far as a [rational] human being is concerned, two hundred years from now is nothing.

I touch myself.

MOAR EVIDENCE PLOX

Existence itself is beyond the limits of human comprehension. By debating it, you only waste space-time. It is all obscurity for obscurity's sake.

I know that I exist. Why? I think. I see myself, I observe myself, I touch myself. Through observations, I understand that I am me. However, my existence is nothing. In two hundred years, I will be a name, a memory. In five hundred, I will be unusual if I am even a name on a piece of paper. In one thousand, I will be nothing. We all will be nothing. Everything around you, every moment, every hope, dream, pain, feeling, is nothing. And even then, it is all within our small reference frame of the Earth. In this sense, none of it exists.

As far as my perception comment, I was expressing that you were only explaining your perception of what you believe to be his perception. It is not a fact. You cannot know that.

Now, I can say all this, but it cannot be the truth. Why? Because I cannot possibly believe that I do not exist. It is inhuman.

Now, in a world that is nothing, there is only one way to live: Enjoy it. How do we find that which pleases us the most? We don't. Nothing can ever be the right decision, because our existence itself is wrong. We live a life of lies, and we only continue because to end it would be doubly irrational.

Exactly. Except I don't understand what you mean by "Nothing can ever be the right decision, because our existence itself is wrong," For nothing to be right, something has to be wrong, but there is nothing wrong ( how is existence wrong?), so there is neither "wrong" or "right."

Either way, your words bring joy. Nothing matters, not even enjoying it matters. Stop trying to enjoy, stop trying to do anything, you don't even have to try to stop trying. Nothing is serious, it just is.

I can not even know that, I can not know anything, because there is nothing to know ;)

I can not even know that, I can not know anything, because there is nothing to know ;)

Well obviously there is something making you sure enough to make that claim. For example, I know that a triangle has three sides.

Exactly. Except I don't understand what you mean by "Nothing can ever be the right decision, because our existence itself is wrong," For nothing to be right, something has to be wrong, but there is nothing wrong ( how is existence wrong?), so there is neither "wrong" or "right."

Either way, your words bring joy. Nothing matters, not even enjoying it matters. Stop trying to enjoy, stop trying to do anything, you don't even have to try to stop trying. Nothing is serious, it just is.

Yes and no. Why did I post this? Why bother living? Because it is superior to not living. From here, we build a new network of right and wrong based on which option we percieve to be better, knowing, the whole time, that it is all wrong and it is all nothing. Why? Because it is not humanly possible to not do so.

Philosophy reaches its limits when we confront the human factor. And yet, the whole time we are confronting the human factor, and none of it can be true because we cannot escape it. You cannot live a life of pure enjoyment - you do not know what enjoyment is. You cannot choose. And whatever you do, it will not matter, while continuing to matter because we are only human.

Well obviously there is something making you sure enough to make that claim. For example, I know that a triangle has three sides.

Ok, but in order for me to know something, there must first be something. But the only something there is is nothing. So that knowledge of a triangle having three sides is not knowing something. Of course I can say I know a lot of things, but just because I know a lot about nothing doesn't mean I know a lot about something.

Yes and no. Why did I post this? Why bother living? Because it is superior to not living. From here, we build a new network of right and wrong based on which option we percieve to be better, knowing, the whole time, that it is all wrong and it is all nothing. Why? Because it is not humanly possible to not do so.

Philosophy reaches its limits when we confront the human factor. And yet, the whole time we are confronting the human factor, and none of it can be true because we cannot escape it. You cannot live a life of pure enjoyment - you do not know what enjoyment is. You cannot choose. And whatever you do, it will not matter, while continuing to matter because we are only human.

But being human is part of the nothing, and nothing can not be wrong or right. We can not escape nothing, and being human is nothing. The human factor and nothing are one thing.

But the only something there is is nothing.

But isn't that still an epistemologic assertion, the very thing you are reasoning against?

Yes it is.

In other words, there is only one thing we can "know"?

There is nothing to know. Even if I said " I know there is nothing to know", it would not be true. Because I can not even know that. Basically, I can not know, I can not know that I can not know, and I can not know that I can not know that I can not know, and etc.

In other words, there is only one thing we can "know"?

Ok, I'm just going to shut down my brain at this point. (I say this in good humor)

I really dislike the view "you cant know anything"

AND THERE ARE ANTS CRAWLING ALL OVER ME. THE F? WHAT IS THIS WILD WILD WEST IN SOUTHERN VIRGINIA?!!