59 - 65 herblore

adamantcheses

yeah, i looked at the tip.it herblore calculator and i kinda freaked out. i wasn't sure what to do and all of them are kinda intimidating. i need 220k exp total, can anyone help me out?

EDIT: since someone down below was nice enough to tell me that i can use a greenman's ale to boost up, i only need 120k xp to get to 63 herblore.

FINAL EDIT: i'm done with WGS now and i don't need any more help. thanks though!

Did you know...

... that when you click on an object in the Construction Skill guide, the materials needed show up in your chat box? (Thanks to adamantcheses!)

if your not in a hurry just do this fast way!

first you must choose what method you will be using

now buy as much seeds as you can and get to farm ur herb that u choose to make ur pot with !

and go to green drags or any method you do to make money keep farming- money making now when you feel it has been like 1 week you will be having already a large amout of herbs !!!

now go and buy with your collected money the additional herbs that you need to complete this mission!!

and thats it

i dont remember exactly not so long time i did want 65 herblore and i had 61 i didnt lose any more and made it 65 in 4 days by farming and colecting money after all i found my self that my farming was enough without my money so i kept my money on bank ^^

o_espil.png

Best thing to do is work out the Gp/xp ratio for cheapest method.

All you basically do for example i'll use super attacks, this is assuming you buy Irit (unf) pots (already in vials of water).

working out gp/xp is fairly simple, you need to work out the gp going in and coming out, and divine that by the experience you will be getting.. so the formula for herblore is something like this "Ingredients - Finished / XP"

In this case it'd be...

(Herblore 1st + Second) - Finished pot / XP

(Irit (unf) 4,612gp + Eye of newt 8gp) - Super attack (3) 1,176gp/100xp

(4612+8)-1,176 /100
First-Second     / XP
4620-1176      /100

3444/100 =

34.4 GP/XP

So making super attacks from unfinished irit pots would be 34.4 gp/xp meaning you times your final xp by that for a rough estimate of the cost.

For you that'd be 7.6M for those levels, it's not ideal at this time to train after double xp weekend, you may be better off farming the herbs yourself and buying the seconds off GE it'd take longer but cheaper if you don't wish to spend the money ;)

If you use this on future skills to calculate skills like construction you just need to see the xp of a plank and divide the cost into that it's fairly straight forward! :)

Hope this helps,

Toad

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

toad ur idea is great

but i thought he might think about money losing or something..

he didnt really gives us any idea about how do he want the way of training in other way does he want to lose money like he dont mind it? or he dont even if it takes long time

and how much time can he wait for this??

we can help him more like this

o_espil.png

toad ur idea is great

but i thought he might think about money losing or something..

he didnt really gives us any idea about how do he want the way of training in other way does he want to lose money like he dont mind it? or he dont even if it takes long time

and how much time can he wait for this??

we can help him more like this

money loss is not an issue, but if i can save money, i will. plus, i want 99 farming eventually =P

i can take as long as i want, i just need it for While Guthix Sleeps.

and Toad, i think that'll help me very much =)

i actually found a nice link that'll help me out instead of doing all those calculations one by one.

Did you know...

... that when you click on an object in the Construction Skill guide, the materials needed show up in your chat box? (Thanks to adamantcheses!)

I always spend my penguin points on herblore, as its just so expensive skill to train, also got 200k exp during the bonus exp weekend.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Well, it's only 200k or so Xp you need, correct? Clean herbs with mousekeys. Potions are far too expensive currently, due to the double xp weekend.

EDIT - Growing your own herbs and seconds isn't exactly 'efficient' in any way. It's better to kill Green Dragons or something and actually BUYING the herbs

so i guess i'll just spend some penguin points on it and clean some herbs, because i'll get some profit that way =)

Did you know...

I leveld 62-72 herblore farming my own herbs. I also farmed some limpwurts along with kwuarms for super strengths, but I was too lazy to collect mort myre fungi when it came time to make super energies. Didn't take long at all, maybe a month or so, it might take you a couple weeks if you farm often.

Staurolite.png

I leveld 62-72 herblore farming my own herbs. I also farmed some limpwurts along with kwuarms for super strengths, but I was too lazy to collect mort myre fungi when it came time to make super energies. Didn't take long at all, maybe a month or so, it might take you a couple weeks if you farm often.

Takes alot less time even with killing snakes for half an hour a day.

Stop advising farming runs and mtk.

Those are ways to make money, if you really want to give advice on training herblore, advice on getting experience!

You can either clean herbs or make potions.

Cleaning herbs is easy with mousekeys, and you make money that way.

For potions you need to have alot of money, especially after this bonus weekend.

You best just check the gp/exp ratio, both for pots and herb cleaning.

Good luck!

Edit: Also: reference sheets: http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-reference-spreadsheets/

Ok, then you go ahead and kill snakes every time you log in, then have fun mixing a bunch of potions :rolleyes:

Seriously, farm if you can, you can log off and do other stuff, or stay logged in and do other stuff, instead of grinding at level 20 something snakes on Mos L'harmless.

Staurolite.png

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'd make more money farming for a half hour a day than you would killing snakes for half an hour a day. :mellow:

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'd make more money farming for a half hour a day than you would killing snakes for half an hour a day. :mellow:

Unless you make pots from your torstol harvest :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

:thumbsup: it's great to know i have so many options that i can do! i probably will farm, because i always do, and the tip about mature greenman's ale is especially helpful. changes the total exp i need from 200k to 120k.

if you have any other tips, i'll be happy to take them into account.

Did you know...

Aye I'm in the same boat as you trying to get the WGS herby req.

Basically go to Rune wiki and look at the costings there. Very accurate and they do update every time the GE updates.

Currently my friend found the best method for me is Super Energy if I want the quick levels because it's the cheapest gp/exp. Doing it that way will cost ~4M.

Other than that what most people are saying are ways of making money.

1. MTK yeah it's good..... but the exp rates would be a bit dodgy and you could never calculate how much it will take you to get to your level. Sell your herbs. Or if you so choose do what I did for a while and do the putting them into pots and making them into potions. (Makes slayer a little cheaper too thanks to making your own supers and technically only paying for the 2nd as the herb is very minimal cost). However you could sell the herbs, get the money, and get better exp when buying and making the cheapest gp/exp pot out there and selling back.

2. Herb farming. Good way to make money? Yes. Good way to train herby? Not really. Depends if you have the time and patience. Do something in the mean time. However, mostly if you want 99 farming herb farming will actually be paying for your trees. Especially using say Yews and Papyas because I used to do this before I took my break.

Ima actually throw one out there I did for a while which makes slayer a bit more intensive:

3. After every task use all the herbs you pick up and make them into pots. In the long term slayer will actually pay for itself in this way anyways when you sell all your loot at the end of a level or whenever you sell it.

Best ideas therefore are to clean herbs if you can stand the monotony (I don't know how to use mousekeys), or to spend the 4M and make a pot that potentially wont sell for a long while.

Good Luck with the WGSing! :D I'll probably see you on the trail! ;D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Aye I'm in the same boat as you trying to get the WGS herby req.

Basically go to Rune wiki and look at the costings there. Very accurate and they do update every time the GE updates.

Currently my friend found the best method for me is Super Energy if I want the quick levels because it's the cheapest gp/exp. Doing it that way will cost ~4M.

Other than that what most people are saying are ways of making money.

1. MTK yeah it's good..... but the exp rates would be a bit dodgy and you could never calculate how much it will take you to get to your level. Sell your herbs. Or if you so choose do what I did for a while and do the putting them into pots and making them into potions. (Makes slayer a little cheaper too thanks to making your own supers and technically only paying for the 2nd as the herb is very minimal cost). However you could sell the herbs, get the money, and get better exp when buying and making the cheapest gp/exp pot out there and selling back.

2. Herb farming. Good way to make money? Yes. Good way to train herby? Not really. Depends if you have the time and patience. Do something in the mean time. However, mostly if you want 99 farming herb farming will actually be paying for your trees. Especially using say Yews and Papyas because I used to do this before I took my break.

Ima actually throw one out there I did for a while which makes slayer a bit more intensive:

3. After every task use all the herbs you pick up and make them into pots. In the long term slayer will actually pay for itself in this way anyways when you sell all your loot at the end of a level or whenever you sell it.

Best ideas therefore are to clean herbs if you can stand the monotony (I don't know how to use mousekeys), or to spend the 4M and make a pot that potentially wont sell for a long while.

Good Luck with the WGSing! :D I'll probably see you on the trail! ;D

you might not unless you're on w83 most of the time :'(

i've decided what i want to do, and that's make prayer potions. 1334 of them to be exact haha.

Did you know...