Spiritual mages

AxiSyn

I'm zeroing in on 83 slayer and just wondering the best set up for doing them. I remember reading about praying prot mage with prossy, slayer helm and choice of atk, mine being melee.. but is there any other strategies?

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

That's pretty much the standard setup, killing the zammy mages in their area. Also, if you equip zammy arrows then that counts as your god gear, so you don't need an unholy boook and can use a defender :thumbsup: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

nice, right now i'm using zgs to train str, i know its not the fastest like ss/scim w/ defender but i have some fun with it :rolleyes: . I actually got some zammy and sara arrows from a clue scroll so score on that note :thumbsup:

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

If you're using a ZGS, you won't need the arrows

right i was thinking of when im done w/ str training and switch to whip, or the sara arrows right when goin into GWD etc those things

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

EQUIPMENT

Helm of neizinot

Fury>Strength amulet>Glory

Proselyte platebody

Proselyte platelegs

Dragon boots

Barrow gloves>Black spiky vambs (magic def and +2 strength bonus)

Soul wars cape>Ardougne cloak 3>Fire cape>God cloaks

Berserker ring (I)>Warrior ring (I)

Abyssal whip/Leaf-bladed with Rune defender (DONT USE ZGS)

Zamorak arrow in arrow slot (will provide Zamorak protection inside GWD)

- Ring of wealth does not help with Dragon boots.

- Their magic accuracy is PRETTY HIGH, so i can assure you you will need over 200+ magic defence to tank them.

- Use Zamorakian altar inside boss room to recharge prayer IF people are inside, or you can hop to a LS world and find people.

- Pick up only Astral, Deaths and Blood runes. Rest are pretty much waste of cash.

@ above: glory > strength

--

for camping:

neitiznot

fire cape/soulwars cape

fury

rapier/whip

rune defender

proselyte/bandos

proselyte/bandos

barrows gloves

dragon boots

berserker ring (i)

zamorak arrow in arrow slot for zamorak item

super/extreme attack/strength potions

prayer potions

holy wrench (if you've got it)

teletab

i wouldn't bother picking up anything but natures, pure essence, dragon boots, and clues

Possible flashing Mage pray with a couple of sgs specs the whole task.

It's so hard for me to flash them, I can't get the timing right. Any advice? Because I flash almost everything else, I just can't tell when the mages are attacking.

alright thanks everyone, i'd love to get a berserker ring/fury, but i'm slowly getting bones to lv prayer atm. So those will be on the back burner for awhile. Are they weak to stab attacks? one of the posters above suggested leaf bladed sword and just wondering.

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

alright thanks everyone, i'd love to get a berserker ring/fury, but i'm slowly getting bones to lv prayer atm. So those will be on the back burner for awhile. Are they weak to stab attacks? one of the posters above suggested leaf bladed sword and just wondering.

Just grab a whip, it's better. they have such low def that a whip will cut through their robes like a hot knife through butter.

Purekilljoy.png

they are really easy to kill, depending on your prayer level you can kill 20-30 per prayer potion. and assuming you will kill zammy mages either kill them by the entrance to the zammy fotress or by the entrance by the zammy boss room as both of these sites have 3-4 spawns.

pilipod.png

I do have a whip in my bank, i'm just not using it atm b/c i'm traning Str to 99 and controlled style is WAY to slow going. So out of ZGS/D scim/Leaf-bladed sword what'll be best for these guys for Str training?

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

best would be to sell the zgs and buy a saradomin sword and berserker ring

also be sure to piety them

k I think I'll do that, I've been tryin to wait for zgs to rebound a little, i bought it at 22.5 mil and don't wanna lose too much on it :T

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

If you're observant, you don't have to pray at all. Just ambush them when they are zeroed in on some enemy GWD NPC and you won't take damage.

I wear a Sara hide top, Zammy hide legs, Bandos boots and an Armadyl cloak. That leaves no restrictions at all on the other items (whip, fury, slayer helm, dfs, barrows gloves). I take 5 rocktails with me just in case I need them. I never use all of the fish nor all of my prayer on any assignment.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

If you're observant, you don't have to pray at all. Just ambush them when they are zeroed in on some enemy GWD NPC and you won't take damage.

I wear a Sara hide top, Zammy hide legs, Bandos boots and an Armadyl cloak. That leaves no restrictions at all on the other items (whip, fury, slayer helm, dfs, barrows gloves). I take 5 rocktails with me just in case I need them. I never use all of the fish nor all of my prayer on any assignment.

defender > dfs

zamorak mages with prayer > sara mages (closer together, faster kills)

you don't need armadyl or bandos protection on the sara mages anyway

Kill the zammy ones. Hop to a high population lootshare world and use the boss room altar between kills every 40 kc if you're praying. I prefer to knive them because they have such low hp and defence, don't move towards you, don't spawn very close to eachother and wander around.

quit