Fun.

Kietaro1

I like seeing numbers grow... levels, XP, money, items...Whatever action I do in RS has an effect on a number growing. This is where I get my fun.

LOL. Try a calculator, leave gaming to people who enjoy more than numbers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like seeing numbers grow... levels, XP, money, items...Whatever action I do in RS has an effect on a number growing. This is where I get my fun.

and you should leave runescape to people who enjoy runescape.

mr. runescape is a terrible game and i have no fun playing it

and you should leave runescape to people who enjoy runescape.

mr. runescape is a terrible game and i have no fun playing it

And yet still frequents a runescape forum for some yet unforseen reason.

O.O

and you should leave runescape to people who enjoy runescape

I enjoy Runescape, I just don't enjoy grinding. However, Runescape contains more grinding than any other Western MMO. If you enjoy grinding, then i'm assuming you also enjoy going to school, brushing your teeth, etc, as that is the real life grind. If you do, then you should see a psychologist.

I love it when people repeat the same point over and over again.

--------------------

For all the grinding addicts out there: Runescape is only a numbers game because you want it to be. When I played Runescape I didn't give a [cabbage] about numbers, I only did grinding to be able to access content. You can break the addiction, denial doesn't help!

Pretty sure ive only said that once.

I only did grinding to be able to access content. You can break the addiction, denial doesn't help!

Thats the problem really. Sometimes grindings forced.

To do the quests i currently want to do, in order to have more fun PKing, i have to do an uncomfortable amount of grinding. No, i don't get off on grinding, but when the game forces it on you theres nothing you can do about it aside from quitting all togehor.

Unfortunately for me, most other MMO's are pretty much the same way. In order to access higher level content, theres the in between grind period.

O.O

Pretty sure ive only said that once.

Oh, I pile every drone in the same category. Check my post history if you wanna see your brethren use the same point over and over again because they ran out of actual arguments to defend Runescape.

Well I truely enjoy slayer, but I was recently assigned a tzhaar task, while 60k exp away from 93 slayer. I need that firecape so badly, but I've never been able to beat Jad in my past 5 tries, so I haven't slayed in a while. Just been dwelling on that task, putting it off, trying to get myself as ready as possible.

Other than slayer, there's not really much that interests me other than boss hunting/crashing KBD ls teams. I guess I'm really just attracted to combat mainly. When I'm not doing combat I just wander around trolling people and getting a few good laughs out of it. Earlier some guy lent me claws for 12 hours for free, instead of saying thanks, I called him a noob and did the raspberry emote and ran off (Of course hoping he would chase after me to alow me to troll him further). And he did, he chased me down asking why he was a noob, so I ran all through Varrock, going up and down ladders and stairs waiting for him to follow, then I'd go back up or down the ladder/stairs and run off. He chased me for a good 15 minutes asking constantly why he was a noob. I had a damn good laugh at that.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Oh, I pile every drone in the same category. Check my post history if you wanna see your brethren use the same point over and over again because they ran out of actual arguments to defend Runescape.

Thats simplistic. We all play the same game, but we have vastly differing views.

As for runescape having more grinding. Yes, it does technically contain more grinding than other MMO's, with what, 20 skills to grind. But you don't really need to do all the grinding to have fun. Quest requirements and the like which aren't to hard is enough to have fun.

Unlike say WOW, you don't really need to be maxed to have fun. (Never played WoW, but everyone says the game starts at 80 or something)

O.O

Thats simplistic. We all play the same game, but we have vastly differing views.

As for runescape having more grinding. Yes, it does technically contain more grinding than other MMO's, with what, 20 skills to grind. But you don't really need to do all the grinding to have fun. Quest requirements and the like which aren't to hard is enough to have fun.

Unlike say WOW, you don't really need to be maxed to have fun. (Never played WoW, but everyone says the game starts at 80 or something)

WoW = 2 months of grinding (if you're a beginner) get you to 80. After that, you don't grind at all, since the actual game starts (Battlegrounds, Arena, Raids, Heroics, etc) Most experienced players can get to 80 in a month.

RS = Quests, dungeons, bosses, and other miscellaneous content require several arbitrary prerequisite skills, all the way up to the 80's and 90's of certain skills. This is years of grinding, not months.

Objectively, most gamers will choose the first option if they were asked which one seemed more fun. The ironic thing is that Runescape has the best quests of any MMO, yet its wasted because most gamers are turned off by the controls, interface, and grind of the game.

Objectively, most gamers will choose the first option if they were asked which one seemed more fun. The ironic thing is that Runescape has the best quests of any MMO, yet its wasted because most gamers are turned off by the controls, interface, and grind of the game.

The controls seems simple to me, or are you implying something else about the controls? :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

you could get to 138 combat in 2 months

so i fail to see the argument

I didn't mean 2 months of no lifing, I meant 2 months of playing casually. I've been playing since '03 on the same account and i'm not even past 110. This is because I never get levels for the sake of getting levels - I got my combat level in RS because I needed it for some harder quests, and I got my level in WoW because thats when the game content starts.

The controls seems simple to me, or are you implying something else about the controls?

Click based.... grid based.... MMO...

WoW = 2 months of grinding (if you're a beginner) get you to 80. After that, you don't grind at all, since the actual game starts (Battlegrounds, Arena, Raids, Heroics, etc) Most experienced players can get to 80 in a month.

Really? My friend took a whole summer holidays to get to 80 (Or was it 70).

RS = Quests, dungeons, bosses, and other miscellaneous content require several arbitrary prerequisite skills, all the way up to the 80's and 90's of certain skills. This is years of grinding, not months.

Yea, depends if you want every quest or not, and actually the highest quest requirement is something like 80 magic isnt it?

My goal in RS is to simply be able to PK well, which doesn't require all the quests and is my version of the "endgame", i could technically grind even more after that just to hit a few hits higher, but theres a certain point where all i could do in RS is PK, play minigames i like, etc.

Runescape has lots of content, and to access all of it you do need ridiculously high levels. But the thing is you don't NEED to access all the content (well, maybe you do, i don't).

Yea im poor :)

O.O

I can't really think of many MMOs that don't require clicking, but I do agree it's more click intensive then most.

Every game ever made requires clicking. My point is that Runescape is the only popular MMO that uses clicking for every single action. You'll see why this is an issue once you play an MMO other than Runescape.

I can't really think of many MMOs that don't require clicking, but I do agree it's more click intensive then most.

Every game ever made requires clicking. My point is that Runescape is the only popular MMO that uses clicking for every single action. You'll see why this is an issue once you play an MMO other than Runescape.

I have played other MMOs, I've agreed RS requires more clicking. I don't mind that. So I see no issue personally.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I have played other MMOs, I've agreed RS requires more clicking. I don't mind that. So I see no issue personally.

It's not about more clicking or less clicking, it's about every action being tied to two buttons. When you have a game that simple, you can't have any depth of actual gameplay (RS does have depth of content though). That's why combat in Runescape is just standing still and managing 3 different menus, while in other MMO's theres dynamic movement and several different moves/spells that you have to keep track of, with hotkeys, cooldowns, etc and most of all = REFLEXES . Content developers have literally said that they try to stay away from reflex-intensive puzzles or quests. Look at the rage that Nomad got when it came out because it actually required some skill. If every fight in the game was like Nomad then we're starting to get some actual MMO combat (no moves for melee and the .6s ticks still ruin everything though - the base of the game is very outdated simply because of the technological limitations that were placed on Andrew when he created the game).

you can get 138 in 2 months playing 5-6 hours a day

i don't know if that's called no lifing

Other than a middle school student who doesn't do any homework whatsoever, you'd be hard-pressed to find any normal individual that could dedicate 5-6 hours a day to a videogame while having a normal life.

And no one is disputing the fact that you could get 138 in 2 months of no lifing - the point is it's not fun, and it's just grinding for the sake of grinding.

getting 80 in wow in two months of no lifing is not fun either, right?

so it's the no lifing that is not fun

I just said that you don't need to no life in WoW... your comprehension is that of a 12 year old. Maybe spend less time grinding Runescape and spend more time reading books?

I got 80 in 2 months of playing 2 hours a day. Getting to 80 is the easiest part of the game for people who are used to playing real MMO's.

i don't think a 16 year old should be calling people "child"

just sayin

I didn't call you a child, I said you have the comprehension of a 12 year old.

Ironic that you couldn't comprehend an insult on your comprehension. Classic braindead Runescape kid.

Content developers have literally said that they try to stay away from reflex-intensive puzzles or quests. Look at the rage that Nomad got when it came out because it actually required some skill. If every fight in the game was like Nomad then we're starting to get some actual MMO combat (no moves for melee and the .6s ticks still ruin everything though - the base of the game is very outdated simply because of the technological limitations that were placed on Andrew when he created the game).

I'm pretty sure you need reflexes for PVP.

I'm a pretty regular FPS gamer and not too bad even if i say so myself, but even f2p PVP is pretty hard (all i can do ATM), but when you get to member pking, switching between 3 tabs and cycling 2-3 attack styles with armors/amulets/capes to boot while making sure you don't get LOLKOED by claws...

Some bosses are ridiculous though, i don't know how people consider DT hard :)

O.O