Fun.

Kietaro1

Never said they do, i'm afraid you need to learn to read.

Yet you continue to present your argument as such.

"thats the external stimuli being fun, not the actual skill."

Again, learn to read, my argument is that the skill isnt fun, any external stimuli is as the name implys, external.

The external stimuli and the act of training the cooking skill are one in the same. Most players (with the exception of you) do not separate the two. I don't particularly care whether or not cooking is fun in itself -- that's not my argument.

EDIT:

As your argument has reached personal attacks, you are losing creditability.

Interestingly enough, I have yet to make a personal attack. I have, however, been told that I need to "learn to read." Hm.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"thats the external stimuli being fun, not the actual skill."

Again, learn to read, my argument is that the skill isnt fun, any external stimuli is as the name implys, external.

The external stimuli and the act of training the cooking skill are one in the same. Most players (with the exception of you) do not separate the two. I don't particularly care whether or not cooking is fun in itself -- that's not my argument.

But it is ours.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

you have yet to prove that it is impossible for someone to enjoy cooking without additional stimuli. while you, me, and perhaps the majority of players would not find it fun, i find it ridiculous that you claim that it is impossible for it to be fun.

As your argument has reached personal attacks, you are losing creditability.

I'm afraid the moral highground isnt avaliable to me, but the rest of your post is win. :thumbup:

you have yet to prove that it is impossible for someone to enjoy cooking without additional stimuli. while you, me, and perhaps the majority of players would not find it fun, i find it ridiculous that you claim that it is impossible for it to be fun.

I'm pretty sure ive said its possible for the mentally challenged, if not, forgive me.

Cooking on its own is a 1 minute second loop with a predefined 7 clicks at the end of the loop, it literally continues like this forever with no variation.

I don't particularly care whether or not cooking is fun in itself -- that's not my argument.

And i don't particularly care whether or not its fun with external stimuli, because this applys to any activity.

The fact you must distract yourself from the cooking means its clearly incredibly boring on its own and not fun enough in its own right.

Most players (with the exception of you) do not separate the two.

Wow you have the memory of a goldfish. Unless im discussing the fundamental "fun" of cooking, i don't seperate the skill, i thought you would have remembered that.

O.O

if people can find serial murder fun, than they can find firemaking fun.

Did you just associate psychopathy with playing RuneScape?

Since no sane person finds serial murder fun, you're either saying all Level 99 firemakers are psychopaths or you're talking out your jacksy.

if people can find serial murder fun, than they can find firemaking fun.

Did you just associate psychopathy with playing RuneScape?

Since no sane person finds serial murder fun, you're either saying all Level 99 firemakers are psychopaths or you're talking out your jacksy.

yeah basically i am saying that people who enjoy firemaking OUTSIDE THE CIRCUMSTANCES of chatting with friends, leveling up, interracting with players, wearing a nifty cape, getting 200m xp or high ranked total, et al. are definitely in the minority, and whose actions may fall under psychological disorder.

Well, why would a sociopathic arsonist be making fires on on a virtual environment like RuneScape anyway?

Defeats the point, really. No one cares about setting the GE on fire, that's not gonna bring much attention.

Well I am sure that there is some player, some where that enjoys cooking and does nothing else besides cooking when they are in the mood to enjoy it. Sure I will give you that. But me admitting that to be true accomplishes what exactly?

That is not the point as there will always be the person that enjoys crazy things. Heck even your example of the psychopath shows that there are even people that like to kill people. That does not make it normal or even something to base a discussion on.

Now Grimy on the other hand creates tangents that he can defend but has nothing to do with the discussion. I, and I think Sir, have never once cared about outside stimuli. That is not the subject of this discussion or even the thread. The whole point of the thread is what about RUNESCAPE is fun. Youtube is not Runescape. The Big Bang Theory is not Runescape. Skype, vent, aim, facebook chat are not Runescape. Runescape is cooking, fletching, herblaw, firemaking, hunter, etc. The point of this thread was not to discuss what about life is enjoyable, it was to discuss GAMEPLAY that is fun.

Now step back from the conversation and look at it from that point of view, one that does not involve anything but Runescape and come back to comment on what gameplay of RUNESCAPE is fun.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

uhhh since we're on the topic of being off topic, personal attacks, and efficiency:

efficiency is about REDUCING the amount of time you spend doing things you don't enjoy so you can access the content you do enjoy faster. i don't see why you are so mad about that.

edit: back on topic: you seem to be really opposed to my opinion. which is odd, because i mostly agree with you:

lots of stuff in runescape is not fun. for me, that constitutes every skill but attack, strength, defence, hitpoints, ranged, slayer, magic, (sometimes) dungeoneering, and DIY herblore.

i maintain that killing monsters is fun. i know some disagree with me, but to me it is fun slaughtering thousands of dagannoths per hour with a cannon, steel titan, rapier, turmoil, overloads. however, killing 200 yaks an hour is not fun to me (as well as many others).

uhhh since we're on the topic of being off topic, personal attacks, and efficiency:

efficiency is about REDUCING the amount of time you spend doing things you don't enjoy so you can access the content you do enjoy faster. i don't see why you are so mad about that.

edit: back on topic: you seem to be really opposed to my opinion. which is odd, because i mostly agree with you:

lots of stuff in runescape is not fun. for me, that constitutes every skill but attack, strength, defence, hitpoints, ranged, slayer, magic, (sometimes) dungeoneering, and DIY herblore.

i maintain that killing monsters is fun. i know some disagree with me, but to me it is fun slaughtering thousands of dagannoths per hour with a cannon, steel titan, rapier, turmoil, overloads. however, killing 200 yaks an hour is not fun to me (as well as many others).

I personally am not mad about that at all. If you read my example of the hunting advice, I was pretty clear that I support the ideas that Grimy has.

EDIT: And you are not the only one that has made that comment I do not think. The comment was geared towards you but to be read by all. Such a small percentage of players should not be the basis of a side of an argument.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I, like Bladewing, only find combat skills to be fun. MHing, slayer, PVP, and dungeoneering -- that's it. Everything else I do is for the purpose of increasing my performance in those areas (hence my fairly high herblore level).

dgs5.jpg

Um guys, I think we need to use multisyllabic words such as stimuli more often. I mean, it is QED that the use of words containing greater quantities of syllables hides flaws in your thought processes, as well as making the people with whom you are having an altercation respect you.

ON TOPIC:

Hmm...I don't even know....*reads OP again* oh ok.

I like combat stuff, and BARBARIAN ASSAULT, and other stuff. I have a regular penguin hunting trip with a friend, we head to 60 and run around grabbing penguins for 20ish minutes. The wilderness penguins make it awesome, I gear totally up, Whip (not risking my chaotic), Claws, armor, like 6-8 prayer potions, extremes, Unicorn, and everything else. Then, off to deep wild to protect everyone up there and bless all the graves I can find, and of course decimate any revs within my combat level, and hand out food to all the people who need it.

And we can't forget about slayer, cause it's just that awesome. Diy levels are pretty fun, that's what my prayer is currently, and a massive chunck of my herblore xp. And I think that's about it.

Off topic:

lol at herblaw. Classic players ftw. :)

pere_grin.png

Um guys, I think we need to use multisyllabic words such as stimuli more often. I mean, it is QED that the use of words containing greater quantities of syllables hides flaws in your thought processes, as well as making the people with whom you are having an altercation respect you.

Stimuli has the same number of sylables as your name, so i'm thinking you need to get your head out of your ass.

O.O

Stimuli has the same number of sylables as your name, so i'm thinking you need to get your head out of your ass.

Point proven. Now please tell me why you felt this was an attack on you as opposed to all the other people who said the same word for the past several pages............

pere_grin.png

I think it's pronounced like Pierre...like pee-air.

I study French, so I just assumed Pere (French for father [needs an accent, though]).

EDIT: And wow, this discussion has gone way off-topic.

dgs5.jpg

^umm....No

Oh come on, there are 2 of us on these forums, and no one even knows how to pronounce our names.......

Ok, here goes. My name, from Lord of the Rings: Peregrin Took. He is Frodo's friend, and gets captured at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring, and finds his way into Fangorn, with another hobbit named Meriadoc Brandybuck. They chill with the Ents for a while, and then join in when the Ents attack Isengard. In the book, Peregrin Took is commonly called Pippen, or Pip. Meriadoc is called Merry.

The other "pere" on these forums is "Peregrine", as in the peregrine falcon. (note the "e" on the end, he did the 1-click summer garden guide) <-- (pro guide by the way)

Pronunciation:

In game, my name is "Pere Grin". I am commonly called "Pere" (pronounced something like "pair" or "pear") in game, and sometimes called "Grin" for whatever reason. And the people who I normally don't realize are talking to me because they are calling me "Peter" or some other misread of my name.

Ask Peregrine how to pronounce his name. But in game, both of us tend to go by "Pere".

And yeah, its Off Topic pretty far now. But I really had to straighten out the name thing. Sorry guys :/

And the Peregrine Falcon is an awesome bird btw, as anyone who has read My Side of the Mountain can attest to.

pere_grin.png

I'm a huge LOTR fan. I can't believe I never thought of that. #-o

I award you +20 cool points for being a LOTR fan :D

LOTR is just epically fun to read, so this might be somewhat on topic? maybe? Idk.

And now, I really must go to bed. Fun off topicness is fun.

Goodnight all.

pere_grin.png

I'm a huge LOTR fan. I can't believe I never thought of that. #-o

I award you +20 cool points for being a LOTR fan :D

LOTR is just epically fun to read, so this might be somewhat on topic? maybe? Idk.

And now, I really must go to bed. Fun off topicness is fun.

Goodnight all.

Indeed. You can read LOTR while you raise your cooking skill. ;)

dgs5.jpg

^umm....No

Oh come on, there are 2 of us on these forums, and no one even knows how to pronounce our names.......

Ok, here goes. My name, from Lord of the Rings: Peregrin Took. He is Frodo's friend, and gets captured at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring, and finds his way into Fangorn, with another hobbit named Meriadoc Brandybuck. They chill with the Ents for a while, and then join in when the Ents attack Isengard. In the book, Peregrin Took is commonly called Pippen, or Pip. Meriadoc is called Merry.

The other "pere" on these forums is "Peregrine", as in the peregrine falcon. (note the "e" on the end, he did the 1-click summer garden guide) <-- (pro guide by the way)

Pronunciation:

In game, my name is "Pere Grin". I am commonly called "Pere" (pronounced something like "pair" or "pear") in game, and sometimes called "Grin" for whatever reason. And the people who I normally don't realize are talking to me because they are calling me "Peter" or some other misread of my name.

Ask Peregrine how to pronounce his name. But in game, both of us tend to go by "Pere".

And yeah, its Off Topic pretty far now. But I really had to straighten out the name thing. Sorry guys :/

And the Peregrine Falcon is an awesome bird btw, as anyone who has read My Side of the Mountain can attest to.

Could have just told us how to pronounce it, instead of going through all that, sorry I didn't know how to say your name ('cause it's totally relevant :rolleyes: )

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Point proven. Now please tell me why you felt this was an attack on you as opposed to all the other people who said the same word for the past several pages............

I'm sorry :(

O.O

I personally find playing by yourself or with others as relaxing.

Playing minigames/skilling with irl friends or great rs friends is the fun part.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101