Godswords- Outdated?

Ambler

Well, actually, when edge pking in bh+1(which is a very common method of pking), your only choice of DPS weapon with AGS is D scim, and AGS beats it in DPS. With vengeance, safing doesn't matter at all(you can still get ko-d if you eat 80+). Also, i wasn't referring to the phoenix necklace- there is another, much easier method(likely bug abuse but w/e).

Bug abuse ehy...

O.O

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually, when edge pking in bh+1(which is a very common method of pking), your only choice of DPS weapon with AGS is D scim, and AGS beats it in DPS. With vengeance, safing doesn't matter at all(you can still get ko-d if you eat 80+). Also, i wasn't referring to the phoenix necklace- there is another, much easier method(likely bug abuse but w/e).

Bug abuse ehy...

He's probably referring to the eat right before damage calculation thing. Not sure if that's bug abuse, though

Old news is old. Godswords has been outdated since Dungeoneering

Well, i actually looked it up and it turns out kings ransom was released a month before god wars dungeon, making the case that because prayer use became bearable, whip has always been the better weapon for all the boss monsters, meaning that godswords have been outdated since their release- they've always been special weapons, and more or less second rate at that.

What in the hell does kings random have to do with Godswords? And frankly, yes, whip has been the best weapon, hands-down, for general monster killing/slaying since it came out, up till Dunge anyways. GS had its uses when it came out. They still have a few uses.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Bug abuse ehy...

He's probably referring to the eat right before damage calculation thing. Not sure if that's bug abuse, though

I think thats just fast reflexes.

O.O

Bug abuse ehy...

I'm not really sure about it, but it's been there for more than 2 years now- if you eat the right way, one claw spec always fails on you.

Kings ransom has alot to do with the whip being better than the godsword.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Bug abuse ehy...

I'm not really sure about it, but it's been there for more than 2 years now- if you eat the right way, one claw spec always fails on you.

Kings ransom has alot to do with the whip being better than the godsword.

Eat the right way?

By fail do you mean the damage numbers don't pop up or what.

O.O

Eat the right way?

By fail do you mean the damage numbers don't pop up or what.

As you can or should understand, i can't go into any more detail on these forums.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Old news is old. Godswords has been outdated since Dungeoneering

Well, i actually looked it up and it turns out kings ransom was released a month before god wars dungeon, making the case that because prayer use became bearable, whip has always been the better weapon for all the boss monsters, meaning that godswords have been outdated since their release- they've always been special weapons, and more or less second rate at that.

What in the hell does kings random have to do with Godswords? And frankly, yes, whip has been the best weapon, hands-down, for general monster killing/slaying since it came out, up till Dunge anyways. GS had its uses when it came out. They still have a few uses.

With Piety, accuracy became much less important, and thus benefited the faster weapons more then the slower weapons (whip vs godsword)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

AGS is now useless after maul was released.

Not useless. Almost useless. It is still a good PvP weapon choice, it has a good special attack and acts as a strong primary weapon without risking much in a +1 world

I would agree with TheAncient. The maul's str bonus is significant enough to hit at least 5-10% lower than the AGS special which

is quite marginal since you can continue to use the maul instead of relying on the two special attacks.

aside from lols at castlewars or fightpits or whatever, zgs is crap.

But that's the point. In its niche (i.e. Castle Wars) the spec goes from near-useless to flat-out amazing.

No it's not....It's mostly useless in Castle wars because every other level 120+ is using Blitz/Barrage. You're lucky to make it out of the castle without being frozen twice. If you're looking for a melee spec weapon, wouldn't you rather have one that kills the target in 2 specs, instead of one that freezes him for 20, and then be left trying to whip him to death, while he inevitably begins running away again?

Are you kidding me. I'm lucky to ever get frozen in castle wars except by those over 130's with Arcane nec+sol+ahrim+99 mage+barrage+steel titan, and when I do get frozen just pop out a rune crossbow with broad bolts.

as for GodSwords, in my opinion they wern't THAT special when they were introduced, SGS was a good slayer weapon and AGS was over-demanded by players trying to hit 600+'s in PVP. aside from that they never really took off except for the raw damage and "Elitism Appearance"

Popoto.~<3

I used to love Fight pits, But used to always be someone with an AGS trying to max, But that spec cant be based on what armour your wearing or the other players Defence bonus?

Because its like ' Chance ' Sometimes you do Amazing Hits an then othertimes... 200-300 Which you could hit with a WHIP hehe... But yeh your right about the Over-Demand with the AGS the prices are alittle... shall we say.... Ridiculious :)

Best looking Godsword In my opinion is definately the SGS tho \:D/ Anyone Agree or thinking otherwise ?

angel_kate_x.png

I used to love Fight pits, But used to always be someone with an AGS trying to max, But that spec cant be based on what armour your wearing or the other players Defence bonus?

Because its like ' Chance ' Sometimes you do Amazing Hits an then othertimes... 200-300 Which you could hit with a WHIP hehe... But yeh your right about the Over-Demand with the AGS the prices are alittle... shall we say.... Ridiculious :)

Best looking Godsword In my opinion is definately the SGS tho \:D/ Anyone Agree or thinking otherwise ?

zgs is the best looking IMO.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

they all look the same, and they all look bad imo because of the ridiculous looking blade

Frankly, I think that blade would be good to stab someone with, if you have enough strength to pierce the opponent with the entire blade, then rip it back out. If that was done with one of those blades, you'd rip half of somethings torso out...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Frankly, I think that blade would be good to stab someone with, if you have enough strength to pierce the opponent with the entire blade, then rip it back out. If that was done with one of those blades, you'd rip half of somethings torso out...

That would really leave a mess lol :wink:

angel_kate_x.png

that would make it a mace, not a sword

edit: which is why i find the blade to be ridiculous, as i said

edit 2: @ OP, please don't be another undo, thx

Um. I'm no expert on medieval weaponry, but maces tend to be something you smack people with. Blunt weapon-ish. Not "stab-and-rip-guts-out" weapon. I'm pretty sure I actually heard of the romans or something using a shortsword to do that with. Just don't ask me to cite that :oops:

Still, I can't make a good argument that the blade isn't ridiculous.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

that would make it a mace, not a sword

edit: which is why i find the blade to be ridiculous, as i said

edit 2: @ OP, please don't be another undo, thx

Um. I'm no expert on medieval weaponry, but maces tend to be something you smack people with. Blunt weapon-ish. Not "stab-and-rip-guts-out" weapon. I'm pretty sure I actually heard of the romans or something using a shortsword to do that with. Just don't ask me to cite that :oops:

Still, I can't make a good argument that the blade isn't ridiculous.

it is redicoulous. It would break back into several shards and fall on the ground and then you would die.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

aside from lols at castlewars or fightpits or whatever, zgs is crap.

But that's the point. In its niche (i.e. Castle Wars) the spec goes from near-useless to flat-out amazing.

No it's not....It's mostly useless in Castle wars because every other level 120+ is using Blitz/Barrage. You're lucky to make it out of the castle without being frozen twice. If you're looking for a melee spec weapon, wouldn't you rather have one that kills the target in 2 specs, instead of one that freezes him for 20, and then be left trying to whip him to death, while he inevitably begins running away again?

Are you kidding me. I'm lucky to ever get frozen in castle wars except by those over 130's with Arcane nec+sol+ahrim+99 mage+barrage+steel titan, and when I do get frozen just pop out a rune crossbow with broad bolts.

I must be playing the wrong games then, because when ever I grab the flag and try to run, I have 5+ mages with barrage waiting for me in the first room, even more as I go down, chances are at least one of them gets a hit on me.

BTW, I was talking under the circumstance of you trying to run out with the flag, so if you switched to an alternate weapon to attack, the flag would be returned. Not to mention the other teams focus being entirely on you with the flag. I didn't make that part clear, sorry.

Anyways, how does that change my point? In-case you missed it, my point was the ZGS is useless, even in Castle Wars.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Just sayin, SGS is one of the best spec weapons for food-off clan wars. totally turns the tide for some battles.

EEE's healing is way too slow for those scenarios

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top