Godswords- Outdated?

Ambler

wouldn't killing the person who's doing the most damage to you save you more HP then using a spec that restores 300lp if you're lucky?

i'm talking about 1v1 situations, and sgs is only slightly less accurate than claws in pvp and can still hit ~700

and it's not just about saving hp. when i'm at 200-300 hp i desperately need a heal, but when i'm at 700+ i don't really care and can afford to mess around. in other words, healing 200 hp at 200 hp left is worth much much more than preventing even like... 700 damage over time at 700 hp

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700 in a pvp situation....? You do realize the SGS spec is only boosted accuracy...not str, right?

I still feel quickly killing your opponent from 600+ lp is better then healing 200lp, but that's just me i guess

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

700 in a pvp situation....? You do realize the SGS spec is only boosted accuracy...not str, right?

I still feel quickly killing your opponent from 600+ lp is better then healing 200lp, but that's just me i guess

SGS spec slightly boosts strength too. back in the day i hit 620 with SGS when my normal max was around 560

and depends - when your goal is ultimately a KDR of like 20:1 (which i aim for), one opponent means nothing

anyway most of this doesn't apply to the average scaper

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Irregardless (fun fact: 'irregardless' is just a weird way to say 'regardless'; they have the same exact meaning) of its usefulness, I've always wanted a SGS, so I'd probably buy one should I ever find myself with an extra 50M.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

EEE and Soulsplit replaces the usages of Sgs. Ice Barrage has always replaced Zgs (unless at Zilyana, where you'd be better off with claws anyway), and Claws have practically replaced Ags.

Although, the niche uses of Bgs and Ags is still strong, with Ags being a good primary weapon in PvP that also can spec low 800's, and Bgs is still the best defence lowering weapon at Corporeal Beast, not accounting for Swh (degradable, very costly).

Hmm, Godswords are so 2007. They never were the best in the first place, whips has always been better in terms of Dps

with Ags being a good primary weapon in PvP that also can spec low 800's

I'd guess Korasi's Sword has probably usurped that title now.

Not really, considering Korasi Sword is basically a Dragon Scimitar with a decent special attack. Oh, and the special attack requires 60% of the special attack bar, which means you got to wait between specials, whereas Ags can have two specials in a row.

Korasi never misses though, so it has better potential for hitting it's max

Its also nice for monsters with insanely high defense, as it hits 50%-150% of your max hit, if turm, ovls, slayer, etc... this is a guarenteed 286-860, with spec restores, you get it twice in a row, which may help the tiniest bit... Also, if your opponent doesnt have cureses, you can use leach special, and be able to spec again within the next 10-20 seconds?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Its also nice for monsters with insanely high defense, as it hits 50%-150% of your max hit, if turm, ovls, slayer, etc... this is a guarenteed 286-860, with spec restores, you get it twice in a row, which may help the tiniest bit... Also, if your opponent doesnt have cureses, you can use leach special, and be able to spec again within the next 10-20 seconds?

All's fine and well until you consider that you can't use Turmoil and Leeches at the same time

I don't think it's 50-150% of your max, as I've hit 50 and lower with the spec, but also 529. You just get a 50-150% bonus on a normal hit.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't think it's 50-150% of your max, as I've hit 50 and lower with the spec, but also 529. You just get a 50-150% bonus on a normal hit.

There is two different special attacks, one for Multi Combat areas, and one for Single Combat areas. 50%-150% only applies to single.

Err, what do you mean? The damage multiplier works in multi, too afaik.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The Godswords only ever had niche uses anyways. Mostly pvp, though the ZGS found some love by people in one of the GWD boss rooms, and the SGS has uses for slayer. However in training the whip and SS still reign supreme for DPS in most pvm situations of all the non degrading weapons (ZS too but its controlled), and that hasn't changed. We will probably see chaotic used for general training now, but the whip and SS that will be outdated there, since the GS's were never king of training anyways. Just big hits.

There is two different special attacks, one for Multi Combat areas, and one for Single Combat areas. 50%-150% only applies to single.

I've been doing quite a bit of testing on the special. I think I have most of the way it works figured out now.

- The special is a 100% magic attack. It makes TD's switch to magic protection prayer and gives magic xp when used.

- The special ignores defense and accuracy and simply rolls a hit. The accuracy does not effect your strength on the weapon, so you can still hit low hits. The sword then multiplies your damage roll by 50% to 150%.

- The special is blocked/reduced by protect from magic. This means if your opponent is protecting melee, you will hit your FULL amount against them. Protect melee does not reduce the specials damage by 30%, since it is not a melee hit.

The sword is good, but has a niche itself. It is most useful for people running away with protect melee activated, as you will hit right though it.

Godswords are semi-useless now only because the high accuracy bonus they have isn't needed right now. Once we get another boss (which is way overdue) that requires extremely high accuracy, the godswords will be needed once again.

I've been doing quite a bit of testing on the special. I think I have most of the way it works figured out now.

- The special is a 100% magic attack. It makes TD's switch to magic protection prayer and gives magic xp when used.

- The special ignores defense and accuracy and simply rolls a hit. The accuracy does not effect your strength on the weapon, so you can still hit low hits. The sword then multiplies your damage roll by 50% to 150%.

- The special is blocked/reduced by protect from magic. This means if your opponent is protecting melee, you will hit your FULL amount against them. Protect melee does not reduce the specials damage by 30%, since it is not a melee hit.

The sword is good, but has a niche itself. It is most useful for people running away with protect melee activated, as you will hit right though it.

Godswords are semi-useless now only because the high accuracy bonus they have isn't needed right now. Once we get another boss (which is way overdue) that requires extremely high accuracy, the godswords will be needed once again.

Assuming that your data is correct, would that make Dragon Claw->Korasi Rushing stronger than ever before? With a Ring of Vigour, ofcourse

Assuming that your data is correct, would that make Dragon Claw->Korasi Rushing stronger than ever before? With a Ring of Vigour, ofcourse

I do not have a ring so I cannot confirm how it works. However, I was under the impression the ring worked as a "give back" special rather than reduce the amount to start the special. For example:

Using dragon claws with the ring requires 50% special energy, but gives back 10% of the power used once the special activates. Thus K-sword would still need 60% to start, but only use up 54%.

That would mean that you can't do a Claw spec into a K-sword spec, even though the power used between both is less than 100%.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure on this answer.

Chaotics

Unless new bosses have some weird mechanic that makes you use godswords, we'll never need them again.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 4 weeks later...

The godsword being outdated idea has manifested itself now, since the godsword prices are falling, particularly the Armadyl Godsword.

The other weapons have truly superceded the godsword as power weapons.

(Membership ran out, won't be getting it back any time soon, most of wealth invested in ags in my bank, oh boy... I'm going to be SUPER OMEGA ULTIMATE UBER BROKE)

(Membership ran out, won't be getting it back any time soon, most of wealth invested in ags in my bank, oh boy... I'm going to be SUPER OMEGA ULTIMATE UBER BROKE)

Thank you, captain obvious, for bumping a near month old topic to let us know your membership ran out, and that you made a horribly stupid investment. :thumbup:

Sumondskull6.png