Godswords- Outdated?

Ambler

god swords are a funny lot.

the day they where added to rs. whip was faster xp (how do people still not get that...)

now there even more out dated by rapiure.

as for the most powerfull weapon in the game, thay got repl;aced by pvp wepaons not too long after.

as for specal attacks, exspet zamy spec (and thats useless anyway) thay all have a better weapon for that.

void deflecter is also a factor, no longer is a 2h weapon the only real good option with void.

it apears to me that god swords where kinda out dated in the first place.

its only going to get worse. how long will it be b4 a weapon requires say 90 attack and makes gos swords look like bronze?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godswords might not have the best stats and it is true what most people says here, that today there are a lot of better and more powerful weapons. They have become outdated except for a few special purposes and honestly they're perhaps a bit over-priced. We have the dragon claws, the rapier and a whole lot of other swords and weapons that are today better in many different ways than the godswords.

But I still think that the Godswords are something special. I'm not as impressed by dragon claws as I'm by a godsword. They're more elegant and look better, and they're still among the best weapons in the game. I know that I when I get the money for it certainly will buy one of them, the SGS, since it is still according to me the coolest weapon in the game. When you don't just look at the stats.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Godswords might not have the best stats and it is true what most people says here, that today there are a lot of better and more powerful weapons. They have become outdated except for a few special purposes and honestly they're perhaps a bit over-priced. We have the dragon claws, the rapier and a whole lot of other swords and weapons that are today better in many different ways than the godswords.

But I still think that the Godswords are something special. I'm not as impressed by dragon claws as I'm by a godsword. They're more elegant and look better, and they're still among the best weapons in the game. I know that I when I get the money for it certainly will buy one of them, the SGS, since it is still according to me the coolest weapon in the game. When you don't just look at the stats.

To me players with gs always looked like they're compensating for something, especially lvl 90's wearing full rune with a bgs.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

The funny thing here to me is that when Godswords came out, for a long time afterwards every time I would use my whip, some random noobs would laugh and be like "oh you are so poor!" even though whip is much faster for regular mobs.

To me players with gs always looked like they're compensating for something, especially lvl 90's wearing full rune with a bgs.

Hahaha. Agreed.

Arguing about the looks of an item now?

Well, I am a woman, I think looks are important. :P

Hahaha. Agreed.

Haha me too.

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender